Mirror module

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cowboy1968

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eco-Diesel
Hi Benny and Ricks, Thank you for your help Much Appreciated!

Regarding the power fold mirrors, sorry I do not have any documentation, they just swapped the mirrors with another Eco-Diesel they had come in that had the tow mirrors (it was weird as my truck had the tow package but not the mirrors??) and I did not pay for the upgrade as I made it part of the sale. I assume it was the stock OEM tow mirrors for the 2014 ram 1500's in 2014 as the truck they took them from was direct from the factory. I think I will hold off right now on the power fold mirrors.

As per the mirror adjustment issue, there is a fault code that has come up for both mirrors from day one (my first service), the dealership advised that was because the door control power fold "switch" is no longer connected to anything (due to the tow mirrors being installed) and not providing the expected electrical resistance (their words), but both mirrors functioned normally. It was just the last few months that the passenger mirror has stopped being able to be horizontally adjusted, but the right one still works fine. I have an OBD11 reader and will check myself to see if it's throwing up a new code and let you know if you don't mind.

So a faulty module or switch can cause just one mirror to not be able to be adjusted in just one direction. In my admittedly very limited knowledge, I would have thought that if either went it would at least stop one mirror from being able to be adjusted at all. Is there a video or instructions anywhere on how to check the wiring/ adjustment motor etc? I did google it as a friend suggested a wire could have come loose in the mirror housing, but the only videos I could find were just for replacing the mirror glass.

Thank you again for all your help!

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
You likely need to unmount the mirrors and get the actual PN of the tow mirrors that were used or pull the door panel and check the mirror connector as Rick suggested ....

Depending on the year of the truck they came off of, they may not support power fold... Only way to know what they used is with the actual PN sticker between the mirror mount and the door.

I believe power fold tow mirrors weren't available until 2016-2018 model year. Also, only 'Memory' capable mirrors (with Chrome Caps typically) support tilt in reverse.

Dealer (Mopar??) may not have enabled all the tow Mirror codes so they still work when flipped up.

Reference:
- DIY: 2013-18 (19 classic) Power Fold Mirror upgrade/Notes.

M² Mods.

AllMoparParts.com

- Benny
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
All
Engine
All
Hi Benny and Ricks, Thank you for your help Much Appreciated!

Regarding the power fold mirrors, sorry I do not have any documentation, they just swapped the mirrors with another Eco-Diesel they had come in that had the tow mirrors (it was weird as my truck had the tow package but not the mirrors??) and I did not pay for the upgrade as I made it part of the sale. I assume it was the stock OEM tow mirrors for the 2014 ram 1500's in 2014 as the truck they took them from was direct from the factory. I think I will hold off right now on the power fold mirrors.

As per the mirror adjustment issue, there is a fault code that has come up for both mirrors from day one (my first service), the dealership advised that was because the door control power fold "switch" is no longer connected to anything (due to the tow mirrors being installed) and not providing the expected electrical resistance (their words), but both mirrors functioned normally. It was just the last few months that the passenger mirror has stopped being able to be horizontally adjusted, but the right one still works fine. I have an OBD11 reader and will check myself to see if it's throwing up a new code and let you know if you don't mind.

So a faulty module or switch can cause just one mirror to not be able to be adjusted in just one direction. In my admittedly very limited knowledge, I would have thought that if either went it would at least stop one mirror from being able to be adjusted at all. Is there a video or instructions anywhere on how to check the wiring/ adjustment motor etc? I did google it as a friend suggested a wire could have come loose in the mirror housing, but the only videos I could find were just for replacing the mirror glass.

Thank you again for all your help!

We really need to get numbers off of the modules and mirrors as Mpgrimm makes a good point about the availability of power fold tow mirrors not being offered until the later years. If you do not have the correct modules they will run about 200 and I believe there are aftermarket companies offering the mirrors for less than OE.

- Benny

LOGAN HUBBARD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Benny,

I hope you can help me out here. As this has been a awful experience making my mirrors auto fold.

=

I am in the process of making my 2014 dodge 2500 gasser have auto folding mirrors. The problem is i ordered the parts i was told to from a website and they do not work. I got the genie to flash the ecu the module 68225102ac and 68225103ad and the driver door switch with the folding option. Flashed everything, i was not able to have functions on the front windows and it would only unlock the truck not lock. I called customer service that i ordered the door modules from and they said the correct modules are 68155770-af 68155771-af can anyone confirm this for me ? so i dont order un returnable items . Vin number just in case 3c6tr5dt3eg308083

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Benny,

I hope you can help me out here. As this has been a awful experience making my mirrors auto fold.

=

I am in the process of making my 2014 dodge 2500 gasser have auto folding mirrors. The problem is i ordered the parts i was told to from a website and they do not work. I got the genie to flash the ecu the module 68225102ac and 68225103ad and the driver door switch with the folding option. Flashed everything, i was not able to have functions on the front windows and it would only unlock the truck not lock. I called customer service that i ordered the door modules from and they said the correct modules are 68155770-af 68155771-af can anyone confirm this for me ? so i dont order un returnable items . Vin number just in case 3c6tr5dt3eg308083

You likely need to unmount the mirrors and get the actual PN of the tow mirrors that were used or pull the door panel and check the mirror connector as Rick suggested ....

Depending on the year of the truck they came off of, they may not support power fold... Only way to know what they used is with the actual PN sticker between the mirror mount and the door.

I believe power fold tow mirrors weren't available until 2016-2018 model year. Also, only 'Memory' capable mirrors (with Chrome Caps typically) support tilt in reverse.

Dealer (Mopar??) may not have enabled all the tow Mirror codes so they still work when flipped up.

Reference:

Like Cowboy1968 's post above yours ...

[Color= lime]you need to identify both Mirror PNs and explain more about the brand/model/type and features that they are?

Are they oem Mopar power fold mirrors? What year? [/Color]

The xx102 and xx103 mirror modules should work and do support power fold. Most likely, you have incorrect mirrors without power fold or a faulty mirror code flash with the OBDgenie. (Vs getting AlfaOBD/OBDLink MX BT adapter)

Most Mopar parts dealers outside of Benny here don't support/understand Non factory installed parts and Upgrades and will ask for your VIN to verify what your truck came with, not what you want to upgrade to.

This info is just to point you in the right direction instead of it becoming a troubleshooting post in a Parts Vendor thread.

Please Reference:

M² Mods.

LOGAN HUBBARD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mpgrimm2

Thank you for the fast reply i will get this info for you shortly, this is what i got for genie (
C-PFM RAM Power Folding Mirrors Programmer - Genie for Pre-2017 models)

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mpgrimm2

Thank you for the fast reply i will get this info for you shortly, this is what i got for genie (
C-PFM RAM Power Folding Mirrors Programmer - Genie for Pre-2017 models)
Unfortunately the OBD Genie is EXTREMELY limited on what it does and also extremely expensive. It is only capable of enabling the code. There is no way to verify the code was enabled and no way to disable a code after you enable it. This is why the Alfa tool is the preferred method for most mods that require the codes to be enabled in the BCM. The xxxxxxx02 and xxxxxx03 should be the correct modules for your 14 as far as I know. This is the part# I used on my 14 as well as other trucks. First thing to do is verify the mirrors are actually power fold. Look at the black mirror connector. If its a power fold mirrors it should have a blue wire and a yellow wire next to each other in the connector. If it doesn't it's not power fold. As far as the door locks no longer working correctly you will need to trouble shoot it. Start by installing your old master door switch and see if the door locks start to work correctly. If they do you know that you have a faulty switch. If they don't work try putting your old door modules back in and test them again. Make sure you have all the connectors properly seated and in the correct orientation. Remember the auto up and auto down feature will not work unless you reset the door module by rolling the window up and holding the button for around 5 seconds and then rolling the window down and holing the button for 5 seconds. If trying the old switch plus the old door modules doesn't correct you issues there is a possibility that something happened with the Genie but there is no way to check for DTC codes or check to verify which codes were actually enabled unless you have the Alfa tool.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

AllMoparParts.com

- Benny
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
All
Engine
All
Confirming what was already mentioned above, The modules are correct and before you go troubleshooting anything I would confirm the mirror part numbers. Worse case if you can get photos of the mirror connectors I may be able to see if the power fold circuits are present.

-Benny

LOGAN HUBBARD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So as soon as I got the first response I looked at the mirrors my mom in law purchased and they are non folding. Tr00083 mirrors the correct ones to purchase ?

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
So as soon as I got the first response I looked at the mirrors my mom in law purchased and they are non folding. Tr00083 mirrors the correct ones to purchase ?

You need to contact 1A Auto, where those aftermarket mirrors came from, and identify what the needed mirror PN set should be with power folding.

M² Mods.

LOGAN HUBBARD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok, i will do so. So is there a chance that when i plugged the mirrors without the power fold option into the correct door modules that's the reason that the doors and windows wouldn't work after the flash? My concern is that when i get the correct mirrors installed the same problem will be there. ? Maybe a faulty amazon door switch? Thank you guys for the helpful reply's!

Logan

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok, i will do so. So is there a chance that when i plugged the mirrors without the power fold option into the correct door modules that's the reason that the doors and windows wouldn't work after the flash? My concern is that when i get the correct mirrors installed the same problem will be there. ? Maybe a faulty amazon door switch? Thank you guys for the helpful reply's!

Logan
Plugging in the non power fold mirrors won't affect the door modules in any way. Did you try putting your stock door master switch back in and seeing if the locks and windows functioned normally? This would tell you if your new switch is bad. Once you check that you can do the same test by putting your stock door modules in and seeing if the windows and locks function normally. It's a simple process of elimination to try to pin point what your issue may be. This is why I suggested doing this.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

2020Ram4x

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi Benny I have a 20 Laramie with tow mirrors that I'd like to swap for power folding mirrors. I have new mirrors that are heated, puddle light, folding, blindspot and need to know which parts I need to buy to complete the swap. VIN 1C6SRFJT0LN344162
Thanks

Simon

AllMoparParts.com

- Benny
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
All
Engine
All
Hi Benny I have a 20 Laramie with tow mirrors that I'd like to swap for power folding mirrors. I have new mirrors that are heated, puddle light, folding, blindspot and need to know which parts I need to buy to complete the swap. VIN 1C6SRFJT0LN344162
Thanks

Simon

Hi Simon,
Are the new mirrors Tow as well?

-Benny

2020Ram4x

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The new mirrors that I picked up are regular mirrors that have all the options that my tow mirrors do with the power fold.

Thanks,

Simon

Caterpillar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Rebel 2016
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bonjour Benny

Pouvez-vous me donner les références des pièces pour les rétrovieurs de remorquage pliants électriques comme le mien et ce qu'il faut pour compléter les modifications. S'il y a de la mémoire c'est encore mieux

VIN 1C6RR7YT4GS296098 Rebel 2016

Je vous remercie

AllMoparParts.com

- Benny
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
All
Engine
All
The new mirrors that I picked up are regular mirrors that have all the options that my tow mirrors do with the power fold.

Thanks,

Simon

Gotcha, These are the parts I would recommend however they are on backorder for approx 30 days

https://parts.allmoparparts.com/oem-parts/mopar-door-module-left-front-door-68424179ac
https://parts.allmoparparts.com/oem-parts/mopar-door-module-right-front-door-68424178ab
https://parts.allmoparparts.com/oem-parts/mopar-front-door-switch-and-bezel-68262252ac

Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Thanks,
-Benny

AllMoparParts.com

- Benny
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
All
Engine
All
Bonjour Benny

Pouvez-vous me donner les références des pièces pour les rétrovieurs de remorquage pliants électriques comme le mien et ce qu'il faut pour compléter les modifications. S'il y a de la mémoire c'est encore mieux

VIN 1C6RR7YT4GS296098 Rebel 2016

Je vous remercie

Hi,
I am not aware of all the components needed to add the memory feature, I believe a body harness may be required. Here are the mirrors I would recommend with all of the features you requested except Memory.

Left Mirror 68412883AC
Right Mirror 68412880AC
Left door module 68286791AA
Right door module 68286790AA
Door switch 56046826AE

Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Thanks,
-Benny