MIRROR REPAIR .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PaPitt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L
SO any of you got any thoughts on repairing or fixing your external rear view mirrors ..
One of my pick-ups a 1988. & It has the door side mirrors ..I'll call them 6by 9's
But when I SLAM my doors that don't shut . the mirrors move in just from slamming the doors.
It needs a thin shim between the shaft & the clamp ring . But the clamp has now adjustment .
.... Any help.

reek

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 2500 CC 4x4, 72 D100, 73 D100, 01 RAM 2500 field truck
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I'd say fix the door.

OP
OP
P

PaPitt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L
come on REEK .. You can also just drive down the Hwy &the wind can blow the mirror in too much to see out of them.
The mirrors a too loose. & I've taken the cover off at the doors to see if there is anything inside to tighten up.
.. But I've looked & Ask & some one has got to have a trick.

OP
OP
P

PaPitt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L
OK FOR ANY OF YOU GUYS that have mirrors that move each time you slam your door.
I guess I had a different mirror off .. But about 2 weeks ago I bought a Dodge Ram CHARGER TO ROB a bunch of partts from to put over onMy 1988 3/4 Ton hay truck .
i'S A PRETTY NICE truck & I think i CAN CLEAN IT UP MORE .
So one of the 1st things I wanted to do was pull it mirrors off & put on the Ram cHARGER MIRROR .
DANG WHEN I got into my pickup mirrors I saw where they have an ADJUSTMENT Inside to tighten the mirrors from swing out of position.. so I Got a proper wrench & tighten them up . ..As I've got 11 vehicles here on the Farm I guess I was working on another truck when I didn't think the mirrors couldn't be tightened up.
......Maybe this will help someone else fix their mirrors . GOOD LUCK GUYS