Missing parts on New Ram Classic?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hemihustlin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I seem to remember reading about possible rubbing on the engine wiring harness causing problems. who knows at this point
looks ugly to me anyways I like seeing my motor!

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Cars did not need to hide the top of the engine until things like Fuel Injection were added, it made the tops of the engines look like spaghetti, so they hid the mess.

The covers did help to quiet the engine noise also

BuschLatte420

chill water by day, drink beer by night
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 classic tradesmen crew cab 6’4 box
Engine
5.7L NON E-TORQUE 3.92 gears 4x4
I have one I will give for free if anyone wants it and pays shipping
I appreciate that offer, I have already clicked buy now though for the big bucks.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
Not sure if this is a "decontent" issue or a supply chain issue. The low inventory of new cars on the lot since Covid is directly caused by delays and issues getting certain parts in. Some parts are critical to making the vehicle actually run (i.e. the "chips" needed by Ford) while some can be non-critical items such as engine covers. Another possibility is that the same company that makes the engine covers also makes some other component on the vehicle that uses the same raw material and same manufacturing process (in this case plastic that is probably injection molded). Let's say that other piece is some interior trim or other very obviously visual piece. You look at priorities and say let's shift all the raw material to make the interior trim that everybody will see and leave out the engine cover. I'm not saying for 100% sure that is what is going on, but decisions along those lines have been made by car manufacturers for the last year or two. Are you going to let a $50k truck sit behind the plant collecting cobwebs and dust because you don't have an engine cover for it or decide to go sell it? They make decisions on what items may be acceptable to leave off a vehicle and I'm sure a cosmetic engine cover was on of the first to be deemed okay to leave off. I know tons of people who probably have never opened the hood on their vehicle, and even if they did wouldn't notice this.
Another thing that is funny is that plastic cosmetic engine covers weren't even common on vehicles 20ish years ago. I remember people and car magazines making fun of manufacturers for putting "stupid pieces of plastic" over the engine, and it was common for people to yank off the covers and throw them away. We have since come full circle......
While your opinion/assumptions are well taken . . . .it can also be a people problem "not knowing" when/how to trigger main warehouse replenishment?

Rodney Belair

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello Everyone, My New 2022 Reg cab Short bed 1500 View attachment 511288arrived after 8 months.
So I opened the hood and there was no top Engine cover. It's very noticeable because the mounting brackets are all there.
I asked the dealer about it and they said Ram has been omitting engine covers. Has anyone run into this? I wonder what else they are omitting?
I took mine off, just to let the heat escape. No other reason. But if the vehicle is new than yes, I would have questions.

lobo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 c.i.
Well, now I am going outside to see if my new 2022 classic has a engine cover.
With all the plastic parts on engines today, the beauty cover was most likely omitted to eliminate heat damage in the summer time. If it does have a cover, it probably would be best to throw it in the trash.

smittyd174

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
My 2022 Classic Warlock made in Michigan does not have one either . Not a big deal but it looks neater under the hood with it , just another case of shrink flation .

Acat96

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My 2017 had one, my 2019 had one, and yet my 22 Classic 5.7 Hemi is missing one as well.
My wife has a 2021 Nissan, and her little car doesn't have one either. Yet years prior they had them
Just a way to save a little money on production I guess,,, But probably cools better

lazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi5.7
I took mine off because 2 years ago I had a mouse nest under mine and they chewed some wires.

1 MEAN66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT-MDS
There are probably "used" ones in the local bone yard also, probably a lot less than $100,. If you really want one?

Face

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Classic/2018
Engine
Hello Everyone, My New 2022 Reg cab Short bed 1500 View attachment 511288arrived after 8 months.
So I opened the hood and there was no top Engine cover. It's very noticeable because the mounting brackets are all there.
I asked the dealer about it and they said Ram has been omitting engine covers. Has anyone run into this? I wonder what else they are omitting?
No rear sway bar either and to the best of my knowledge, no one writes a tune for. I want a cam and supercharger but can’t find a tune

BCLJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They were pulled from the 2020 onward model years of the Classic for some reason and many dealers didnt even realize it until they received complaints nor did they seem to know the reasoning. I noticed mine was missing about a week after I bought my 2020 and went back to the dealer and despite their reluctance they ordered one in free of charge. It is however a part still made so can be ordered in for under $200

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
No rear sway bar either and to the best of my knowledge, no one writes a tune for. I want a cam and supercharger but can’t find a tune
The no rear swaybar has been common on the RCSB's for years,depending on trim package.My old plain jane 2013 RCSB didn't have a factory rear swaybar on it.

farout75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L
I don't know what it's supposed to do. but I have it and could care less. But if it came with the truck, I'll keep it on.

4X4BOSS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've got one off my 2011 Challenger I'll let go cheap

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
You're avatar shows a 2020,you can tune the 2020's,and i'm pretty sure you can tune the 2022's to,as guys are tuning their new 2022 5th Gens. Hit up Ryan Hogan at FRP ,he should be able to write you a HP tune,if Diablo doesn't support your truck