Mix and match bumpers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OneWingLtd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I have a 2014 Ram 1500 SLT with chrome bumpers. I am debating if I paint the bumpers to match the truck or replace them. My question is before I cough up the $$ for them, would bumpers from a Sport or Rebel model fit properly without much of a hassle.

Elevated 2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I just talked to a couple of different body shop guys and they all recommend against painting a bumper (even if it’s painted now from the factory) as the paint never stays for long. You’re best off getting a new bumper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
If the chrome bumper is prepped correctly it will, we had a 2014 Silverado work truck, wanted black bumpers, but only came in chrome. So we had a buddy of mine, works at a paint shop paint them, and these trucks get tons of miles. After 3 years, needed a quick sand down and repaint, but was easy. If you DA them, epoxy primer and paint, it will last.

Another cheaper option, is wrap them.

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
I have a 2014 Ram 1500 SLT with chrome bumpers. I am debating if I paint the bumpers to match the truck or replace them. My question is before I cough up the $$ for them, would bumpers from a Sport or Rebel model fit properly without much of a hassle.
Why. It vinyl wrap. If you can find your color. Vinyl holds up well

MaxSteel2013

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

To answer your question, a swap isn't bad at all but there are a few parts you'll need that won't come with the bumper. I'll send you a message.

OP
OP
OneWingLtd

OneWingLtd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Thanks for the feedback! I really like the bumper cover alternative depending on final costs. I did consider wrapping them, but if they tear or become damaged then it has to be re wrapped again. Paint was my option if I couldnt change/ replace the bumper for a decent price. I will weight my options and wallet and see which way I can go.