Modifystreet headlight build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

atom13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Na
Engine
Na
Installed XD hid 5k on low beam and katana on highbeam. The scatter is more than I would like but I will try it out tonight.

I still can't get rid of the parking light error. I used morimoto resisters on my quad. So I may have to move them over.

OP
OP
1500ram12

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Installed XD hid 5k on low beam and katana on highbeam. The scatter is more than I would like but I will try it out tonight.

I still can't get rid of the parking light error. I used morimoto resisters on my quad. So I may have to move them over.

I didn't remember if you said if you had alfaobd or not.

2018 Ram 2500 6.4L Hemi Tradesman

OP
OP
1500ram12

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Usually parking lights aren't the issue. Are you getting the error as soon as the truck is on or as soon as the lights come on

vhmike73

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 2500 Laramie Limited
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I still get an intermittent parking light out error when the left signal is active and the headlights are on...it's very random in when it pops up: sometimes it's within 30 seconds, sometimes it's at the end of waiting for a light to change. Very odd- but not intrusive enough to make any more changes.

atom13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Na
Engine
Na
Usually parking lights aren't the issue. Are you getting the error as soon as the truck is on or as soon as the lights come on

Only happens with lights on. No error on turn signal though. This happened to me with Morimoto switchback corner bulb before but errors on both turn and signal.

Here’s what I have in Alfa
Low beam-hid
Led parking - yes
Led turn - yes
Bixenon - no
Led low - no

OP
OP
1500ram12

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
I still get an intermittent parking light out error when the left signal is active and the headlights are on...it's very random in when it pops up: sometimes it's within 30 seconds, sometimes it's at the end of waiting for a light to change. Very odd- but not intrusive enough to make any more changes.

I still get a left turn out if used longer than 20-30 seconds

atom13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Na
Engine
Na
Had a short drive around the block. H1.7 vs alphas... H1 10 alphas 7. The foreground scatter of the alphas is annoying but only noticeable when driving slow or parking. The H1 are wider. Cutoff is about the same. Not sure how I feel about the alphas. The alphas did blend pretty well at distance but from memory the H1 there further. The only difference is the H1 were 4300k and the alphas are 5000k both from XD. Alphas had same but brand new xtr 35 ballast from XD.

OP
OP
1500ram12

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
I feel the h1's have a much more defined cut-off and the step is taller. I agree that the h1's are wider. Distance wise I'm not sure yet. I have the h1 set lower than I had original alpharex. Just been to cold to mess with. As far as scatter I guess I didn't notice because I always have my fogs on.

I will say that the alpharex lights have a more defined cut-off than my wife's 2018 Silverado's oem projector/hid setup.

atom13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Na
Engine
Na
I feel the h1's have a much more defined cut-off and the step is taller. I agree that the h1's are wider. Distance wise I'm not sure yet. I have the h1 set lower than I had original alpharex. Just been to cold to mess with. As far as scatter I guess I didn't notice because I always have my fogs on.

I will say that the alpharex lights have a more defined cut-off than my wife's 2018 Silverado's oem projector/hid setup.

FML I may upgrade to mled 2.0 after I sell my quads. Do you know the size of the projector? I assume 2.5"?

OP
OP
1500ram12

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
FML I may upgrade to mled 2.0 after I sell my quads. Do you know the size of the projector? I assume 2.5"?

3". I'm really tempted to get a set

OP
OP
1500ram12

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
https://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/...7149-bi-led-morimoto-m-led-2-0-a-8.html?amp=1

Read thru a little here and there. The op wasn't too satisfied with the results.

Yeah I've talked to him shortly after he posted his thoughts on them (I didn't see that thread, I came across his YouTube video). He doesn't have any output shots so it's hard to say for sure. I will say he's definitely well versed on lighting but is more a hid guy. And I guess once you've used a ds2 projector and orsram bulbs it's hard to go to anything else. But seeing how much work it took to mount them in the alpharex lights I'd probably pass on using them in these. From his pic's a ds2 projector pretty much bolts right in. The h1's I had to fab mounts to get them to bolt in. I am torn between a ds2 set-up and those. I want the output of the ds2 but like the ease of the MLED 2.0.

atom13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Na
Engine
Na
Yeah I've talked to him shortly after he posted his thoughts on them (I didn't see that thread, I came across his YouTube video). He doesn't have any output shots so it's hard to say for sure. I will say he's definitely well versed on lighting but is more a hid guy. And I guess once you've used a ds2 projector and orsram bulbs it's hard to go to anything else. But seeing how much work it took to mount them in the alpharex lights I'd probably pass on using them in these. From his pic's a ds2 projector pretty much bolts right in. The h1's I had to fab mounts to get them to bolt in. I am torn between a ds2 set-up and those. I want the output of the ds2 but like the ease of the MLED 2.0.

Good to know. I'll probably do a d2s. I prefer hid myself due maturity of the tech. I would rather swap ballasts than projector housings. I hated the led that comes on the new camry. Mainly their blue color. They were half as bright as my mini h1. I thought it was due to being in a lower vehicle.

I'll probably do a d2s if it's just a simple bolt on. I don't have too much time to spend on fabrication like I did on my quads. Im just digging myself into a bigger hole. Lol.

JoeGo88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel 3.0
I am having issues with the “parking light out” message once I installed these headlights. I have the DRL wire hooked up and those are working as expected. When I initially installed the headlights and first got this message I noticed one of the turn signal lights on my side mirrors was out. I replaced that thinking it was a coincidence with the new headlights. The lights all function now but I am still getting this error. I have alfaOBD but have not made any changes because it seems everything else is working properly. Has anyone else has this problem or can someone help me out if any changes need to be made with alfaOBD

OP
OP
1500ram12

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
I am having issues with the “parking light out” message once I installed these headlights. I have the DRL wire hooked up and those are working as expected. When I initially installed the headlights and first got this message I noticed one of the turn signal lights on my side mirrors was out. I replaced that thinking it was a coincidence with the new headlights. The lights all function now but I am still getting this error. I have alfaOBD but have not made any changes because it seems everything else is working properly. Has anyone else has this problem or can someone help me out if any changes need to be made with alfaOBD

You'll need to set CBC FEATURES-LED turn and parking lights to enabled. Once set you may have to use each turn and 4 ways for about 20 seconds. This seems to force the truck to learn the led's. If you are running led or hid low beams you'll also need to set VehConfig 3 high intensity discharge lights to enabled

JoeGo88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel 3.0
You'll need to set CBC FEATURES-LED turn and parking lights to enabled. Once set you may have to use each turn and 4 ways for about 20 seconds. This seems to force the truck to learn the led's. If you are running led or hid low beams you'll also need to set VehConfig 3 high intensity discharge lights to enabled

It worked. Thanks for the help!

atom13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Na
Engine
Na
I was looking on fb and found one person who have retro d2s into these headlights. It looks like alot of work. I thought it would be pretty straight forward. He apparently does retrofit but mentioned that he will not offer this swap due to time/money.

I will probably try my hands at retrofitting a set of mini h1 I have in the garage into the oem foglight. If I can find a cheap set to cut up.

OP
OP
1500ram12

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
I was looking on fb and found one person who have retro d2s into these headlights. It looks like alot of work. I thought it would be pretty straight forward. He apparently does retrofit but mentioned that he will not offer this swap due to time/money.

I will probably try my hands at retrofitting a set of mini h1 I have in the garage into the oem foglight. If I can find a cheap set to cut up.

Hmm. The pic's I've seen of nick00less or maybe Jimmy07 ds2 retrofit into these looked fairly straightforward, atleast mounting the ds2. I believe the ignitor maybe the issue. The h1 projector mounting points are smaller than the alpharex points. I know that the alpharex has a 3" projector, the mini h1 is 2.5" and I believe that the ds2 is 3"

Do you have the fb post?