Module manual?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oliver Closehauf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Laramie
Engine
Cummins 5.9
For my old BMW I have a couple Haynes manuals on the Bosch Motronic fuel injection computers. They detail the program that runs and what it does with the inputs and outputs, troubleshooting etc...

Is there anything like that for our trucks that talks about the different control modules?

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Yeah....it's called a factory service manual lol.

OP
OP
Oliver Closehauf

Oliver Closehauf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Laramie
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Yeah....it's called a factory service manual lol.
Can you point me to the section you are referring to? I've looked but never found what I'm looking for. Granted I have not gone through each section page by page, but what I have found is not at the level of detail I'm looking for.

OP
OP
Oliver Closehauf

Oliver Closehauf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Laramie
Engine
Cummins 5.9
How about this then... When I start the truck, for a short period of time, like 60 seconds (? I haven't timed it), the voltage gauge shows I'm running on battery only. Then the voltage jumps up to 14.8 for the duration of the drive.

I know there is a start lock out relay that is supposed to do this to protect circuits during the starting procedure.

Does anyone know where I can find the description of this circuit, what systems are affected, timers involved etc?