Moe's 5" tips

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey Guys Just wondering if anyone else has had issues with these tips rusting. Love the look and sound of these. But I have only Had them on for a month and there already rusting. I have a big horn. with plenty of chrome. the tips are the only thing rusting.

IMG_20180217_094817674.jpg

IMG_20180217_094837382.jpg

IMG_20180216_213719394.jpg

CanadianNick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
That’s ******.

Hopefully moes takes care of this

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Had mine for a couple of years and have had no problem. I'd call Matt and send him the pictures. I'm sure he will take care of you.
Jay

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yikes....

Dangulo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

ncgrl1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 RAM LongHorn 4x4
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I got mine in August or September and they have quickly turned gold. I contacted Matt shortly afterwards and he said to get some chrome polish and try that. They got so bad I took them off last week so I could polish them good. I did, and they are now a very pretty gold color, but not what I want for my truck. I sent him an e-mail and he never responded. That's a lot of money for a product that has some kind of defect in the material. There has been numerous people on here that have bought these and never had problems. I have bought several items from Moes in the past but I would not recommend them anymore.

Last edited:

gilleydog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 ram larami
Engine
used Garven 5 inch polished tips no problems i think they are stainless

CanadianNick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
I got mine in August or September and they have quickly turned gold. I contacted Matt shortly afterwards and he said to get some chrome polish and try that. They got so bad I took them off last week so I could polish them good. I did, and they are now a very pretty gold color, but not what I want for my truck. I sent him another e-mail and he never responded. That's a lot of money for a product that has some kind of defect in the material. There has been numerous people on here that have bought these and never had problems. I have bought several items from Moes in the past but I would not recommend them anymore.
I agree. There is obviously something wrong with these and for the price that these go for it’s pretty ridiculous to just be told to polish them up

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
$235 for 5" tips and they are rusting???
Thats insanely expensive for a 5" tip. I would be livid!
You can buy polished stainless tips that will never rust for $36 shipped!!!

IMG_2217.PNG

Last edited:

Grant211

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Wow! I thought Moe’s were stainless steel. I guess not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sorry, but T 304 isn't a very high quality stainless steel and it will rust.

T304 will hold up a lot better than the Moes that are rusting after 1 year. Obviously they are not triple chrome plated.
Plus you save $199. Thats the crazy part.
There has to be T316 stainless tips made by someone.

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
T304 will hold up a lot better than the Moes that are rusting after 1 year. Obviously they are not triple chrome plated.
Plus you save $199. Thats the crazy part.
There has to be T316 stainless tips made by someone.

Moe's tips aren't chrome plated, they are just polished stainless steel. I'm not sure what grade stainless the Moe's tips are but mine are still like new after 2 years. I do clean and polish mine once or twice a year. I do hope Moe's will take care of the OP as the tips are expensive. I'm thinking a contaminant might have got on the tips during the polishing stage of production. That is the most common reason for such rust issues in T 304.

ncgrl1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 RAM LongHorn 4x4
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
OP's are only 1 month old, and mine are only 6 months old but the discoloration started within a couple weeks of install. I bought these because of the excellent reviews. There has to be a change in the material or manufacturing process???

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Is anyone going to give Matt a chance to respond before this gets out of hand. He's been a vendor on this site for years and NOT ONCE have I ever heard that he screwed over anyone! A couple people have had problems but I think most of us that have those same tips have not.
Jay

Last edited:

CostaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Not to defend Moe's but there is a global mistake in a lot of peoples knowledge.
As the word "Stainless" or Stain-Less suggests, this is steel who stains LESS and not no stain.
There are several types and qualities of stainless steel, one of the best stain-less properties and thus for marine use is ANSI 316L
The rust film on VanillaGorilla2015 tips are the same ANSI 316 develops on boats and this can be polished easily away.
However, fur such a rediculus high price the choice of SS quality should be much better to avoid this ugly spots.
At this point the 38$ tips from EBay are probably the better choice ...

For who is interested in some literature regarding Steel Grades: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SAE_steel_grades

Chris

ncgrl1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 RAM LongHorn 4x4
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Is anyone going to give Matt a chance to respond before this gets out of hand. He's been a vendor on this site for years and NOT ONCE have I ever heard that he screw over anyone! A couple people have had problems but I think most of us that have those same tips have not.
Jay

Did not mean to offend you or anyone else. That was not my intent. The OP ask if anyone had problems with the tips. I did not lie, and my email has yet to get a reply.

Last edited:

DavidN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My Moe’s 5 Inch tips (first gen, where the 5 Inch part is slightly longer then on the last/latest version) are still flawless after about a year on my truck. I polish them maybe once a month when I clean the truck. No yellowing, no rust either.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I can't speak for Matt nor will I try to. I don't know the circumstances surrounding your e-mail, I do however know Matt well enough that I believe he would never sell anything to us that he knows is defective. I think, given the chance he will work with you to straighten the problem out. I not leading anyone's parade, I just think he should have a chance to respond before people make judgements about one of our long time preferred vendors.
Jay

ncgrl1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 RAM LongHorn 4x4
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I can't speak for Matt nor will I try to. I don't know the circumstances surrounding your e-mail, I do however know Matt well enough that I believe he would never sell anything to us that he knows is defective. I think, given the chance he will work with you to straighten the problem out. I not leading anyone's parade, I just think he should have a chance to respond before people make judgements about one of our long time preferred vendors.
Jay

I totally agree Jay. I don't think he would sell anything knowingly defective either. I don't even know for sure if I received the correct tips that I ordered. I ordered and paid for the Moe's 5" exhaust tips. The ones that I received looked like the ones I ordered but they had Mufflex papers in the box. Who knows, I may have gotten the wrong tips?