Moe's Catch Can

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mboymopar

MOPAR
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Sport
Engine
345 HEMI
Look what the mail lady brought me.
I added the Mopar decal.

IMG_1227.JPG

Last edited:

WhiteHotRam

Senior Moment
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Sport 4x4 SCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wish my mail lady liked me so much.
Too bad Moe's was out of the silver version for me.
But your blue looks fantastic and a bonus matching tat!

NY Andrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
Real quick stupid question. So I’m gonna get this for sure and install it on my own.

I’ve heard about catch cans for years and had sports cars and never installed one. This is by far easiest install I’ve seen.

My question is...catch cans essentially just filter out the water and condensation and maybe gunk from being refiltered back in to engine correct?

Because if oil is also being removed couldn’t that be dangerous if the engine needs more oil to function smoothly/properly?

And how often you check/empty the oil?

Oh and could that sample be sent in and checked? Because I bring my vehicle to dealership for oil change and tire rotation vs doing it on my own and I’d want to get my oil tested (maybe could ask dealership to save my oil?).

Thanks!!

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Real quick stupid question. So I’m gonna get this for sure and install it on my own.

I’ve heard about catch cans for years and had sports cars and never installed one. This is by far easiest install I’ve seen.

My question is...catch cans essentially just filter out the water and condensation and maybe gunk from being refiltered back in to engine correct?

Because if oil is also being removed couldn’t that be dangerous if the engine needs more oil to function smoothly/properly?

And how often you check/empty the oil?

Oh and could that sample be sent in and checked? Because I bring my vehicle to dealership for oil change and tire rotation vs doing it on my own and I’d want to get my oil tested (maybe could ask dealership to save my oil?).

Thanks!!
First off I'd check with youre dealer and see what he says about a CC effecting youre warranty. In the real world it should have no effect on warranty however some dealers just want to be ***** and look for any excuse they can find to void the warranty. I empty mine around every 2000 miles, come to think of it its about due now. Personally I wouldn't trust the dealership to empty it. Ive heard that some guys remove theirs before going to dealer just so theres no issues with any warranty work. Mine dooesn't go to dealer unless absolutely necesaary, and so far that's only been for recalls that they haven't even opened the hood.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

NY Andrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
Thanks guys!! Just got the response from my dealer:

“Our Service Manger said a simple plug and play would not affect the warranty unless you short a wire or take out manufacturer parts. IF something shorts out when you install that would not be covered.”

So I’m in the clear! Was talking to someone recently who had an interesting point.. he said if a catch can was such a good idea then the vehicle would come with one like VW used to, but then I said well they want service work so they don’t want things to last forever and then he said well some vehicles actually recycle all the stuff a catch can filters out and turns it in to more power..never heard that last part before but it’s interesting and almost had me debating whether I wanna do this or not hah..

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
NY: on the last part, ahhhhhhhhhhhhh BS. All dat junk being dumped back into plenum, intake, not good for it, . The only reason I haven't done yet is because all my $$$$ going to property issues (like new roof), not pretty truck stuff, just saying.....but all IMHO.....................

PULLYA: Pretty there. Did U get yours from Moes?

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yep! I get all my stuff from Moe's.
Jay

NY Andrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
What types of fittings and ends did you choose in the options?

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I got the black braided hoses and the black powder coated fittings. See post #5.
Jay

ReefRaider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Kind of surprised they don't list one specific to the 6.4.