Moes is offering a $150 mail in rebate after purchasing the 2/4 street kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eddywardo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Is that a good deal ? Should I pull the trigger guys ? Offer ends august 31st

@quietpeen can you move this to the for sale section ? Maybe it’ll get some replies please !

Last edited:

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
$150 rebate is a ridiculous savings. Belltech doesnt do this often, so it is definitely worth taking advantage of it. After the rebate, you are only into the complete 2/4 Street Performance kit for $370. That's 4 coils, 4 shocks, bumpstops, swaybar end links, and panhard bar bracket for only $370. Its a heck of a deal.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Will this work on my 2018 4x4?
No. The only kits available for the 4wd are the Ground Force 2/3, Mcgaughys 2/4 spindle kit, or Inez Hotrods 4/6.

NCRaineman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Oh that's tempting. How much would installation run on a thing like that? I've done plenty of engine work but don't have a lot of experience with suspension.

Txhemirt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Will this work on my 2018 Express Reg Cab 2wd and if it does where do I find the listing?

Go to moes website or anyone that sells Belltech to see if a kit is available for your truck. Promotion is through Belltech so you can buy it anywhere

Last edited:

Txhemirt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Oh that's tempting. How much would installation run on a thing like that? I've done plenty of engine work but don't have a lot of experience with suspension.

I paid 400 for the kit and rear sway bar to be installed. My guys not cheap but I know what cheap gets me.

thade

Reaction score
Is it normal with this kit for the rear end to be sitting on the bumpstops?

Last edited:

thade

Reaction score
After having installed this kit on my truck I don't understand the good recommendations for it at all. The front dropped an entire 1/2", and the rear just a hair over 4" and is resting firmly on the bumpstops. One of the front shocks also came with stripped threads, and the rear end is off to one side and too far forward. Its a great look if you like the rear end lowered well past the front. My poor truck looks as messed up as a bag of coat hangers.

I read as much as I could, and fully understood the front end alignment would be a bit off, and the rear end would be a bit wonky without either the cut or no cut brackets which I had intended to purchase. It seems a bit unreasonable to me to have to swap other springs in and out, or try to cut them to size when the kit itself comes with springs that are supposed to do that for you. Completely disgusted with this kit atm. Even on sale and with a rebate it's a pos.

dearchristopher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
After having installed this kit on my truck I don't understand the good recommendations for it at all. The front dropped an entire 1/2", and the rear just a hair over 4" and is resting firmly on the bumpstops. One of the front shocks also came with stripped threads, and the rear end is off to one side and too far forward. Its a great look if you like the rear end lowered well past the front. My poor truck looks as messed up as a bag of coat hangers.

I read as much as I could, and fully understood the front end alignment would be a bit off, and the rear end would be a bit wonky without either the cut or no cut brackets which I had intended to purchase. It seems a bit unreasonable to me to have to swap other springs in and out, or try to cut them to size when the kit itself comes with springs that are supposed to do that for you. Completely disgusted with this kit atm. Even on sale and with a rebate it's a pos.

you reg cab or crew/quad cab? what kit did you buy? who did the install?
offcenter axle is due to the geometry when the axle moves upward, adjustable panhard bar will recenter the axle and fix. i can't imagine yours is off more than 1-1.5"

axle being too far forward is a symptom of ANY drop kit for the 4th gen rams, the lower control arms are in a strange angle and push the axle forward some. lower control arm relocation brackets will fix this.

how long has it been installed? my front end dropped almost 2.25" after it settled. i modded the rear coils to 5" drop and it's perfectly level. maybe you have a reg cab and bought the kit for a crew cab/quad cab?

thade

Reaction score
Regular cab, regular cab kit, and I changed it all out myself. Finished it up this afternoon. I've read that about the adjustable panhard and brackets being necessary to correct the rear end geometry, but I've also read several posts saying the kit isn't that bad and lots of people just installed it alone and were happy. I can't see how. The rear end does look to be farther forward than it is to the side, but it still looks ridiculous in that state. Also ordered a new set of upper control arms to get the front end closer to spec, with the intention of acquiring the brackets for the rear a little later.

I had a good idea what I was getting into regarding the issues caused by lowering, but I expected the height to at least be as advertised. Right now the rear end is already sitting on the bump stops, and is lower than the front by an inch and a half. I can't see the front dropping enough to correct that. Currently debating just cutting my losses, removing the belltech stuff, welding my front bumpstop cups back on, and putting it back to stock. Thanks for the suggestions and such though.

dearchristopher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Regular cab, regular cab kit, and I changed it all out myself. Finished it up this afternoon. I've read that about the adjustable panhard and brackets being necessary to correct the rear end geometry, but I've also read several posts saying the kit isn't that bad and lots of people just installed it alone and were happy. I can't see how. The rear end does look to be farther forward than it is to the side, but it still looks ridiculous in that state. Also ordered a new set of upper control arms to get the front end closer to spec, with the intention of acquiring the brackets for the rear a little later.

I had a good idea what I was getting into regarding the issues caused by lowering, but I expected the height to at least be as advertised. Right now the rear end is already sitting on the bump stops, and is lower than the front by an inch and a half. I can't see the front dropping enough to correct that. Currently debating just cutting my losses, removing the belltech stuff, welding my front bumpstop cups back on, and putting it back to stock. Thanks for the suggestions and such though.

that’s weird man. I’m not running an adjustable panhard, my rear axle is off center maybe 1/4” and of course my axle is forward cause I haven’t run brackets yet. my rear bumpstops are cut, and my fronts are swapped. I have several friends with the same kit and no issues, it sucks that yours isn’t working out. i’d try to reach out to Matt if you bought from moes and ask him what’s up. he’s usually great about getting it right.

i was considering swapping upper and lower control arms out back to core4x4, but apparently even adjustable arms don’t correct the axle wrapping forward. lots of people have tried lots of things and only the brackets are what they settle on. heard spohn arms lose their adjustment really easy and are a PITA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

abouttobeglue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I ordered mine Sunday through autoaccessoriesgarage.com, should be here tomorrow. I ordered the 964 spring only kit for 2wd reg cab, going with stock shocks for now. Got a buddy helping me that's built a chevelle for strip use and is mechanically inclined to help me. Hopefully mine goes good.

thade

Reaction score
I've decided put my truck back to stock and be done with it. I'll be boxing it back up and trying to get what I can from both the 964sp and the Inez uca that just showed up. I hate losing money, but it beats the alternative of continuing to throw money at it and not being happy with the results.

As for the last poster, hopefully your install goes to plan.