Moes ported TB and vararam intake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just bought a Moes ported throttle body and vararam air intake, does the throttle body really make a difference? I have a magnaflow catback, and that’s it. I couldn’t pass up both of these for $400.

*I have a diablo 2 tuner, and will get it tuned by greene after it’s all installed.

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
I just bought a Moes ported throttle body and vararam air intake, does the throttle body really make a difference? I have a magnaflow catback, and that’s it. I couldn’t pass up both of these for $400.

*I have a diablo 2 tuner, and will get it tuned by greene after it’s all installed.

It certainly won't hurt you but with just bolt ons it won't do much till later.

OP
OP
2010 Infantry Vet

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That price you got is fantastic . I paid a little more.

I’m a scrounger. Haha. I’m not a bolt on guy. but I couldn’t pass these up for the price.
I dynoed my stock 98 Mustang, and it put down 220rwhp. I added s cold air intake, bigger throttle body, and flow masters and a catless X pipe.
Then dynoed it with mods, and it made 225rwhp. I wasnt impressed at all.
I would love to do before and after dyno sessions with my truck if I can find a dyno bear me.

Last edited:

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Yes, that is the honeycomb grill. I bet your engine will sound faster !

Gary's Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes both will make a difference. These trucks response very well to bolt ons.

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I'm curious to how it responds I have been thinking of these 2 mods to go with my xpipe muffler delete. Mostly for the cosmetics since the intake looks great but it should add some sound an a hair of performance

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The TB will compliment other bolt on's that you have. If it is the first mod you do then I don't think you will see a great amount of performance gain, they do work well in conjunction with other bolt on's however. The Vararam will work well alone or with other bolt on's. The biggest performance gain will be at WOT or at highway speed. It is one of the most popular CAI system for our trucks.
Jay