Monitor mounts??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skh25

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 vvt
For those with cameras on the back of their travel trailers, how do you mount your camera monitors??

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I don't tow any more

I have seen backup camera monitors for trailers mounted on the dash in the left corner of the windshield.
I have also seen the monitor mounted just above the radio in that pocket on the dash

Personally i would prefer the monitor in the center of the dash,
When you are backing up, even without the trailer, your eyes should be pivoting from left to right to see where you are backing in the side mirrors, if you are doing that, having the monitor in the center of the dash, your peripheral vision would catch movement in the side mirrors too.
So basically your head would go from drivers side to monitor then to passenger side & back

But that is just my way of backing with my radios monitor

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't have a trailer camera but I do have a wireless reversing camera connected to my Garmin, which is mounted like this 20200713_132337_HDR.jpg

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I don't tow any more

I have seen backup camera monitors for trailers mounted on the dash in the left corner of the windshield.
I have also seen the monitor mounted just above the radio in that pocket on the dash

Personally i would prefer the monitor in the center of the dash,
When you are backing up, even without the trailer, your eyes should be pivoting from left to right to see where you are backing in the side mirrors, if you are doing that, having the monitor in the center of the dash, your peripheral vision would catch movement in the side mirrors too.
So basically your head would go from drivers side to monitor then to passenger side & back

But that is just my way of backing with my radios monitor

That's exactly where I have mounted my monitors over the years. Even with the TT camera you need to be checking the mirrors and this gives the best of both worlds.

jawzs2

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2014
Engine
1500, 3500
Here's my current setup - I did redo the wiring, this was the initial fit

IMG_0310.jpg

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I use a modified Bayou Goat Mount for my Magellan Navigation System, it has a built in Dash Cam
I have the power wire coming out of the pocket that the mount is set in

wt3Nxs.jpg
BcJEIZ.jpg

Last edited:

Loudram

Just a sinner saved by grace
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought a Haloview camera and it uses a 7" monitor. I bought the windshield suction cup mount for it. I mount it in the lower middle of the windshield. The 7" monitor takes up a lot of space but it's only up when I'm towing the trailer.

RamCamp1985

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi