Mopar 2" Lift Kit and Larger Tire Size

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K-Raw

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 RAM 1500 Rebel in Hydro Blue
Engine
Hello all. I'm new to the forum and went through an array of past forums on tire sizes. I didn't come across my needs.

I have a 22 Rebel and will add a 2" Mopar lift kit with 18x8.5" Black Rhinos. I'm thinking of going with a 33x12.5 R18 or 305-65 R18 A/T tire. Either BF KO2s, Goodyear Wranglers or Toyo Open Country. Would either fitment give me an aggressive look without rubbing. I do not wish to shave. Any thoughts and pics of your trucks with a similar setup? I appreciate it. Thank you.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
ello all. I'm new to the forum and went through an array of past forums on tire sizes. I didn't come across my needs.

I have a 22 Rebel and will add a 2" Mopar lift kit with 18x8.5" Black Rhinos. I'm thinking of going with a 33x12.5 R18 or 305-65 R18 A/T tire. Either BF KO2s, Goodyear Wranglers or Toyo Open Country. Would either fitment give me an aggressive look without rubbing. I do not wish to shave. Any thoughts and pics of your trucks with a similar setup? I appreciate it. Thank you.
Depending on the offset and lift choice you decide to do. You would be 1" higher than this. These are 35's3A8FBE2A-A546-41F9-9269-149F06D9188B.jpeg

DB Cooper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 ETORQ
I'm in a similar boat, dealer won't go beyond 2inch lift for my '22 Big Horn. I'm not sure its worth the money to lift only 2. I may end up just going with bigger tires.

For a '22 4x4 Big Horn, Can anyone comment wether or not the Mopar 2" lift puts strain on other components? I've seen lots of discussion about this.

I still don't have any idea when my truck will arrive. I ordered December 15....

Last edited:
OP
OP
K-Raw

K-Raw

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 RAM 1500 Rebel in Hydro Blue
Engine
Man. I hope it doesn’t. What size wheels and tires if you don’t lift?

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
I'm in a similar boat, dealer won't go beyond 2inch lift for my '22 Big Horn. I'm not sure its worth the money to lift only 2. I may end up just going with bigger tires.

For a '22 4x4 Big Horn, Can anyone comment wether or not the Mopar 2" lift puts strain on other components? I've seen lots of discussion about this.

I still don't have any idea when my truck will arrive. I ordered December 15....
Depends what mopar lift. @Mbrigh3 and @Apiazza are both sitting perfect for 33's. I personally set up both trucks a 2" lift is clean

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7

Man. I hope it doesn’t. What size wheels and tires if you don’t lift?
@b8ascrub is the black truck I posted above its a 2" lift (Fox coilovers) on 35's also sitting pretty. It looks menacing in person. Its all how you want your truck to look but if you dont at least level it, it doesnt look much like a truck

dieseldave

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Can anyone answer what if any strain is put on the front suspension by having a 2 inch lift using Rough Country N3 Strut leveling kit ?

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Can anyone answer what if any strain is put on the front suspension by having a 2 inch lift using Rough Country N3 Strut leveling kit ?
Yeah rough country's geometry is all over the place thats why some have horror stories and some are fine. I would not waste my money on them when there are better options in the same price range or less expensive

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
hit up @Nick@GotExhaust he can set you up with something that will treat you and your truck better. Forum member discounts included with all orders

dieseldave

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yeah rough country's geometry is all over the place thats why some have horror stories and some are fine. I would not waste my money on them when there are better options in the same price range or less expensive
What would be the better options?

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Hello all. I'm new to the forum and went through an array of past forums on tire sizes. I didn't come across my needs.

After a little digging mopar does not make a kit for Rebels. @AllMoparParts.com benny may be able to clarify. I deal in the aftermarket world so I am no expert on factory option aftermarket accessories

DB Cooper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 ETORQ
@b8ascrub is the black truck I posted above its a 2" lift (Fox coilovers) on 35's also sitting pretty. It looks menacing in person. Its all how you want your truck to look but if you dont at least level it, it doesnt look much like a truck
I first thought that was more then 2 inches on your truck. Maybe I'll do that as long as dealer doesn't gouge me. What would be a fair price for the lift? And, are there better versions of a Mopar lift then others? If so, then I will be specific with the dealer. I assume they must redo the alignment as well.

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
I first thought that was more then 2 inches on your truck. Maybe I'll do that as long as dealer doesn't gouge me. What would be a fair price for the lift? And, are there better versions of a Mopar lift then others? If so, then I will be specific with the dealer. I assume they must redo the alignment as well.
My truck has a 6” lift because it’s the blue truck behind the black truck LOL. I don’t know anything about mopar lifts and what dealers can and can’t do unfortunately. They seem to make their own rules as they go along