Mopar Bed Step

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kermudge

U.S. Navy Retired 68-95
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, 3:92 Gears. LSD, 8 speed.
Lets just say I am on the height restricted category and jumping on to the tail gate at my age is out the question. And I too have the bed step easy to install and works for me. :)

Yogee2020

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l hemi
going to try this upgrade this weekend should be delivered today

8_ball

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Mine has been shipped to me today from MOPAR Canada. Hope it will arrive before next weekend!

Athlium

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L EcoDiesel
Interesting, I just got this done as well. got a used Amp step for cheap on offerup and installed it really quick.. I like it as I'm short and getting older.. I would like to find one for the Passenger side.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Interesting, I just got this done as well. got a used Amp step for cheap on offerup and installed it really quick.. I like it as I'm short and getting older.. I would like to find one for the Passenger side.
I'm tall and getting older and climbing sucks lol

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
If i did not have the BedSlide
I would have picked up a Tire Step

this one does not reach out enough to press against the Rubber tires

BruceS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi eTorque
I just bought and installed an aftermarket bed step via Amazon. It is no different in design than the vastly more expensive Mopar ones. However, because I have aftermarket tailpipes, it rubs against the pipe when it is retracted. I am considering either moving the tailpipe inward a bit to create some space, or adding spacers between the step and the chassis where it mounts.

The problem with these two solutions is the first will push the tailpipe off center from the curve in the body below the tailgate (Which a Muffler shop I visited says cannot be done!), and the second will push the retracted step outward from the vehicle.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• bedstep1.jpg
    bedstep1.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 9
  • bedstep2.jpg
    bedstep2.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Rodp84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 etorque
I just bought and installed an aftermarket bed step via Amazon. It is no different in design than the vastly more expensive Mopar ones. However, because I have aftermarket tailpipes, it rubs against the pipe when it is retracted. I am considering either moving the tailpipe inward a bit to create some space, or adding spacers between the step and the chassis where it mounts.

The problem with these two solutions is the first will push the tailpipe off center from the curve in the body below the tailgate (Which a Muffler shop I visited says cannot be done!), and the second will push the retracted step outward from the vehicle.

Any ideas?
I’m having the same issue with mine. I have the Borla atak cat-back exhaust and the tips are too big.. smh

16Ram4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just an idea, have you thought of just putting a dimple in the tailpipe with just enough space to allow the step some clearance

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lasse452