Mopar Cars & Trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Just wanted to make a thread of Mopar cars and trucks you may have had in the past or present. Maybe you have a picture you found of way back, I'd like to see it and maybe you have a memorable story you'd want to share about it. Doesn't have to be a Muscle car, could be a slant six up to the 426 Hemi. Something you may have been proud of. I'm going to try to find as many pictures of my own that I can. Thanks

Last edited:
OP
OP

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
PXL_20210520_132937956.jpg This was my 68 Road Runner I owned from 1981 till about 1991. The picture does it no justice, the color was called Kandy Brandy Wine, beautiful color. It was the family car, it was my weekend racer, it was my drive to work car. That's why I laugh when people call them junk, that one car did what most people of today use 2 or 3 cars for!

Last edited:

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
drooool! Okay, now I really, really, honestly hate you! lol
The "RR" decals on the door there, and the one on the back not seen are the ones I have coming in next to put on my body panels.
SWEEEEEET!
That's my retirement car to myself!

OP
OP

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
View attachment 248022 This was my 68 Road Runner I owned from 1981 till about 1991. The picture does it no justice, the color was called Kandy Brandy Wine, beautiful color. It was the family car, it was my weekend racer, it was my drive to work car. I'll tell my most memorable story on it a little later.
Here's one of the stories I remember the most. I had just moved to where I am now back in 1985, where I worked I guess there were rumors going around about my car I didn't know about. 2 guys I worked with started telling me about a guy that worked for another place had a 69 Camaro that wanted to race me. I never meet him before so I didn't understand what brought up the subject. Well days than weeks went by of aggravating me about it till I got tired of hearing about being afraid of a Chevy so I told them to name the time and place. Well it ended up I had to go to his area which ended up being about 40 miles away from where I lived. I went against my wife's wishes to get it over with because I was tired of being simply called a chicken! On the Sunday morning we agreed on I took my brother in law with me just so I wouldn't be by myself in a strange area. We get to the address and out front of his house sat a nice looking blue Camaro. Guy came out and yes I was in the right place. I stood outside for about 1/2 hr waiting for him to get ready and there was car after car pulling in his driveway, lined up and down the street in his yard everywhere. Still not knowing what was going on he came outside and ask me if I was ready and I told him yes so he pointed to where the finish line was and said he would meet me down at the starting line where he pointed. I was going to my car when I heard something behind his house that started and was so loud it shook the ground. Well he came around front with a black primered Camaro hull. It had no windows, no interior, no dash, no bumpers, only a seat, a roll cage and some gauges. Well I looked at my brother in law and we both knew what was going on but I told him I was just going to get it over with. I went to the starting line and I couldn't even hear my car so I just watched my tach while I was doing a burnout trying to heat up my tires. My car was a 440 4 speed with 3.91 gears, his was a I don't know the engine because he never told me but it was an automatic with 4.88 gears. Very frustrated and knowing I was going to lose I went through with it. I held mine to 5 grand and when the flagman dropped his arm I dropped the clutch and stomped it like I always did. Well needless to say he hole shot me about 2 car lengths and it stayed there till I hit 2nd and when I went for third I was going around him and he shut off. Ended up saying it was the finish line that was different than the one he showed me earlier farther down the road. I got turned around and came back to get my brother in law so we could out of there. When I pulled in so many people surrounded my car I couldn't move. They were cheering for me to my surprise and going on about how they had a hard time realizing my car was a 4 speed because I made it sound like an automatic. I have to say I could shift a 4 speed. We ended up getting out of there alive and the next day when I went to work I was going to let my work mates know I didn't appreciate being set up like that when they informed me that the other cars that was there was planning on running me and
"taking what was left of me" and after what they seen they wanted no part of me. They said I had nothing to be ashamed of when I let them know I wasn't, I had the biggest smile of pride all the way home! I didn't feel like I lost in the least!

Last edited:
OP
OP

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
drooool! Okay, now I really, really, honestly hate you! lol
The "RR" decals on the door there, and the one on the back not seen are the ones I have coming in next to put on my body panels.
SWEEEEEET!
That's my retirement car to myself!
Yes, I put the running bird which was in color on the 69 RR. The 68 had the black and white standing bird. I liked the colored running bird better. What was in front of the Bird decal was the Road Runner chrome badge.

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yes, I put the running bird which was in color on the 69 RR. The 68 had the black and white standing bird. I liked the colored running bird better. What was in front of the Bird decal was the Road Runner chrome badge.
The colored one was a reflective decal too!

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Here's one of the stories I remember the most. I had just moved to where I am now back in 1985, where I worked I guess there were rumors going around about my car I didn't know about. 2 guys I worked with started telling me about a guy that worked for another place had a 69 Camaro that wanted to race me. I never meet him before so I didn't understand what brought up the subject. Well days than weeks went by of aggravating me about it till I got tired of hearing about being afraid of a Chevy so I told them to name the time and place. Well it ended up I had to go to his area which ended up being about 40 miles away from where I lived. I went against my wife's wishes to get it over with because I was tired of being simply called a chicken! On the Sunday morning we agreed on I took my brother in law with me just so I wouldn't be by myself in a strange area. We get to the address and out front of his house sat a nice looking blue Camaro. Guy came out and yes I was in the right place. I stood outside for about 1/2 hr waiting for him to get ready and there was car after car pulling in his driveway, lined up and down the street in his yard everywhere. Still not knowing what was going on he came outside and ask me if I was ready and I told him yes so he said he would meet me down at the starting line where he pointed. I was going to my car when I heard something behind his house that started and was so loud it shook the ground. Well he came around front with a black primered Camaro hull. It had no windows, no interior, no dash, no bumpers, only a seat and some gauges. Well I looked at my brother in law and we both knew what was going on but I told him I was just going to get it over with. I went to the starting line and I couldn't even hear my car so I just watched my tach while I was doing a burnout trying to heat up my tires. My car was a 440 4 speed with 3.91 gears, his was a I don't know the engine because he never told me but it was an automatic with 4.88 gears. Very frustrated and knowing I was going to lose I went through with it. I held mine to 5 grand and when the flagman dropped his arm I dropped the clutch and stomped it like I always did. Well needless to say he hole shot me about 2 car lengths and it stayed there till I hit 2nd and when I went for third I was going around him and he shut off. Ended up saying it was the finish line that was different than the one he showed me farther down the road. I got turned around and came back to get my brother in law so we could out of there. When I pulled in so many people surrounded my car I couldn't move. They were cheering for me to my surprise and going on about how they had a hard time realizing my car was a 4 speed because I made it sound like an automatic. I have to say I could shift a 4 speed. We ended up getting out of there alive and the next day when I went to work I was going to let my work mates know I didn't appreciate being set up like that when they informed me that the other cars that was there was planning on running me and
"taking what was left of me" and after what they seen they wanted no part of me. They said I had nothing to be ashamed of when I let them know I wasn't, I had the biggest smile of pride all the way home! I didn't feel like I lost in the least!
That's too funny!
Everybody in high school had muscle cars, our parking lot was like the movie "Dazed and Confused" except me, I had 77 Celica GT 5 speed, lol
Actually, I'd love to have that Toyota today.

OP
OP

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
OP
OP

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
That 72 RR was one that was a one year only as far as grill and tail lights. Very hard to find those!
Both years for that body style (71-72) had unique features that were year specific. Good story on that one, had just gotten out of the navy in '96 and found this thing sitting in front of an abandoned house. Left my number with the neighbor and got a phone call a few months later. The RR with no engine or trans but a buttload of spare parts for $500, come get it that week. Needless to say lol....unfortunately an engine fire killed it and I wasn't in a position to fix it for more than a few years and I didn't want to be that guy who let a car sit around rotting for years so I sold it in 2006. It was only a few years ago that I would've had the proper space to do anything with it so I don't regret it too much.

Yes sir, I like the modern years also!
Thanks!

Wow, and that 2 door Bluesmobile!
Found that after I got stationed down in FL in 2001. Factory 440 and one of the previous owners had swapped in the seats and tilt column from an Imperial. Hurricane Katrina took that one away.

Right-front.jpg Right-rear edit.jpg The-heart-of-the-beast.jpg

OP
OP

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Both years for that body style (71-72) had unique features that were year specific. Good story on that one, had just gotten out of the navy in '96 and found this thing sitting in front of an abandoned house. Left my number with the neighbor and got a phone call a few months later. The RR with no engine or trans but a buttload of spare parts for $500, come get it that week. Needless to say lol....unfortunately an engine fire killed it and I wasn't in a position to fix it for more than a few years and I didn't want to be that guy who let a car sit around rotting for years so I sold it in 2006. It was only a few years ago that I would've had the proper space to do anything with it so I don't regret it too much.

Thanks!

Found that after I got stationed down in FL in 2001. Factory 440 and one of the previous owners had swapped in the seats and tilt column from an Imperial. Hurricane Katrina took that one away.

View attachment 248079 View attachment 248080 View attachment 248081
Wow, Hate to hear that on both of them! I've had my share of family before cars that caused me to lose some so I know the feeling. But things always works out somehow!

OP
OP

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
That's too funny!
Everybody in high school had muscle cars, our parking lot was like the movie "Dazed and Confused" except me, I had 77 Celica GT 5 speed, lol
Actually, I'd love to have that Toyota today.
If I had to describe my youth with movie's it would be... 50% "Up In Smoke",. 20% "Easy Rider", 20% "Dazed And Confused". 1% "Fast And Furious" because it didn't take us 2 1/2 minutes and 103 gear shifts to do a 1/4 mile, we didn't know what a rice burner was, to us the only foreign car we knew of was a volkswagen bug and one old guy with a Datsun. The other 9%, I don't remember and to be truthful probably a whole lot more than 9 %, "I don't remember" LOL

Last edited:
OP
OP

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
View attachment 248094 One of the 3 1970 GTX's I had!
View attachment 248094 One of the 3 1970 GTX's I had!
This was my last of the 3 1970 GTX's I owned. This was the original color which I hated so since Plum Crazy Purple was my favorite color I changed it. If I had to do it over again I would have left it simply because in my 45 years of going to car shows I've never seen another 70 GTX this color, would be interesting to know the numbers. I sold my 68 Road Runner to by this car in 1991. I paid $3000 for it. It had a 440 4 bbl automatic in the floor and 3.55 gears. I had it for about 4 years and money got tight and had to sell it for $4000. The guy I sold it to run it ragged and one of the cam lobes wore down and he took the engine out and apart going to build it with a blower and never did anything with it. I had put together a 1970 Dodge pickup in the meantime and I had about $1200 in it and ask if he wanted to trade. Caught him at the time he was just looking for vehicle that would run so he traded me even. I got it home and put the engine back together and put a new cam in it and was very happy with it. Well money became an issue once again so I had to sell again for $5000 in 1996 and I never seen it again. Still my favorite car of all time, 1970 Plymouth GTX!