Mopar Cold Air Intake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shortman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello Fellas!

I just did a 6.4 intake on my 1500 yesterday (6.22.24)... Before I even ordered the 6.4 intake from Moe's I did some research on what CAI to use post intake install... I discovered the one I already have in my truck was listed as working on the 2500 so I was like GREAT! Now fast forward to yesterday post install and I could not see how it was gonna work with the parts I have... I'm thinking there must be different throttle body to airbox pieces used for the 6.4 intake?

Do any of you guys know the answer to this? Have any of you seen this CAI installed in a RAM 2500? I've searched the web this morning looking for an instillation manual covering the install of this CAI on a RAM 2500 and have not found one. It clearly states on the Mopar Performance website that this airbox works on the 2500 (see images below)

Mopar CAI.jpg

Fitment.jpg

I really like this CAI and would like to make it work if possible... Y'all lemme know your thoughts....

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
Op,

I've got this same intake on 2 of my 1500s and if I remember the instructions it is designed to fit the 2500 that has a 5.7 installed.

Given its price point, I would Verify before purchasing. The instructions are available for download and perhaps you can figure it out.

Mine have long been discarded. I wish I could assist more. It's a great under hood piece and works very well.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

shortman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do you guys think the Mopar Cold Air Intake I currently have would sell in the For Sale section?? I would love to recoup some $$ from that to put back into the purchase of a different one.... If yes, what should I aske for it??

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
It's not the current cold air for 5th generation.

However, the 4th gen has a large deployed base, but the 4th gen air intake is very good, not many may want to pay for shipping, it's big, or a high price for the unit, especially used.

If you want to sell the for sale section is a good location to see it go.

My guess, based on its condition, i assume its average to good, it's worth $125 to $175 if you include shipping.

Most start their sale items at 1/2 price but tend to come down the longer it sits.

It's certainly not worth what you paid.

PS. FB marketplace might be an alternative. I don't do FB, so wouldn't know outcome.

Last edited: