Mopar Lifetime Maxcare Warranty Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Ludville1

Ludville1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi Sport Crew
With all the supply chain problems and getting parts I don't know if this quite rises to the level of "nightmare." Dealer had my truck for 2+ months waiting on parts. Numerous other stories on here of the same thing. Thermostat housing leaking instead of the water pump? Would have been nice to get the right part the first time but oftentimes you just don't really see what leaking until you tear into something. Of course, could also be sloppy/incompetent mechanic but definitely not an uncommon occurrence in any case.

I've had a Maxcare for 8+ years and used it quite a bit on my 2500HD. Somewhere in the fine print of the warranty we're supposed to get a free loaner/rental but I've found it's like asking for a kidney so I usually just make alternate plans (I'm lucky to have other vehicles available to me).
My contract states that after 7 years or 100,000 miles, the loaner/rental thing goes away.

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
My contract states that after 7 years or 100,000 miles, the loaner/rental thing goes away.

Mine probably does too, I've just never looked. Even prior it was never worth the argument and fight. It's probably just my dealer but they were ridiculous about it. The one time I pushed it and they me a demo car off their lot the lady literally walked around it for 10 minutes noting EVERY piece of bird crap and warning me she'd be checking the car upon my return. This was after multiple phone calls and general hassle before getting "approved." I suppose I'm the perfect example and the reason they are such a PITA.... I just give up and go away.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
The only time that i tried getting a warranty loaner, it was through Enterprise
The Dodge dealership handed me a voucher, it was for a car, Dealership knew that i needed a pickup, i cancelled my job appointments for the day, but i wanted to take advantage of a day off & make a trip to buy sheets of plywood.

Enterprise found a pickup, it definitely was not from their Inventory.
They took the voucher & charged me $18 on top of it.
The pickup was a Farm Truck, they acted like it was part of their fleet.
There was insects & straw all over the radiator, the bed had not even been vacuumed out.

I made the Home Depot run & off loaded everything & returned it, my apartment manager picked me up at Enterprise.
Enterprise checked that old Ford out like it was pristine vehicle.

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2012 Jeep Compass that has the Lifetime Maxcare Warranty, that I bought new in 2012. It's not a Ram, but warranty information from those that have experience using this warranty would be appreciated. This Jeep has 166,000 miles on it, and the warranty has only been used once...years ago they replaced a rear wheel bearing (they did both sides) using this warranty with the $100 deductible. Other than that this Jeep has been as dependable as a pet rock. Well, it has a coolant leak, and needs a water pump. I am scheduled Monday at 8:00 am for this repair, covered under this warranty. While I was waiting for the Jeep to be checked out, I was talking to a lady customer. She has a 2014 mini van that she bought new. Her van has over 300,000 miles on it, and has had the engine, transmission, and many other things replaced over the years using this same warranty. She said that she had a whole list of items for the dealer to fix. Here's my question: when you bring a vehicle in for warranty repair, does the $100 deductible cover all of the repairs, or just one item? I ask because I am going to ask them to check out the front and rear suspension, and suspect that it's probably shot, with the mileage and age of the Jeep. Also, would the $100 deductible cover the entire Suspension (front and rear), or just 1 corner of it? I hope to go in there Monday with a little more knowledge. Thanks in advance.
Usually, the deductible applies to the visit, not individual repairs. Your results may vary.

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The only time that i tried getting a warranty loaner, it was through Enterprise
The Dodge dealership handed me a voucher, it was for a car, Dealership knew that i needed a pickup, i cancelled my job appointments for the day, but i wanted to take advantage of a day off & make a trip to buy sheets of plywood.

Enterprise found a pickup, it definitely was not from their Inventory.
They took the voucher & charged me $18 on top of it.
The pickup was a Farm Truck, they acted like it was part of their fleet.
There was insects & straw all over the radiator, the bed had not even been vacuumed out.

I made the Home Depot run & off loaded everything & returned it, my apartment manager picked me up at Enterprise.
Enterprise checked that old Ford out like it was pristine vehicle.
Don't EVEN get me started about crooked rental car agencies! :)

slekanka

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How do you fight Ram when I have a lifetime warranty ? They said it’s a commercial vehicle. It’s a 2015 3500 dually. I was just in the phone with them and now they claim I canceled the warranty and they sent me a $25 check.

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
How do you fight Ram when I have a lifetime warranty ? They said it’s a commercial vehicle. It’s a 2015 3500 dually. I was just in the phone with them and now they claim I canceled the warranty and they sent me a $25 check.
How about provide more information if you really want the forums help...