Mopar lifetime warranty loss

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TimboRam77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anyone regret moving out of a Ram with a mopar lifetime since it's no longer available.
Question is on a limited 1500 first run 2019.

bluebeast1562

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Not really sure what the question is. Are you referring to the lack of a factory lifetime warranty? If so, it would appear that the majority of dealers today, not just Ram, are offering a lifetime powertrain warranty that can be used at other authorized dealers.
I personally purchased the lifetime, bumper to bumper, when I bought my 2020. Did not want the headache that goes with all the new tech stuff in the trucks.

avantiguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Not really sure what the question is. Are you referring to the lack of a factory lifetime warranty? If so, it would appear that the majority of dealers today, not just Ram, are offering a lifetime powertrain warranty that can be used at other authorized dealers.
I personally purchased the lifetime, bumper to bumper, when I bought my 2020. Did not want the headache that goes with all the new tech stuff in the trucks.

IIRC, Ram sold true lifetime unlimited mileage service contracts up until a couple years ago and are now trying to buy them back from some of the owner's to the tune of a few thousand dollars to be out from under them. Not sure how the paybacks work.

Luau_Pig

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I lost mine when my last truck with the lifetime got totaled. Had to settle for the 8/125k but would have gotten the lifetime again if it was an option.

OP
OP
TimboRam77

TimboRam77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have about two weeks to make my decision. For me the 1500 and lifetime warranty went together meaning without a lifetime I’m not interested in the truck. My truck is perfect for me and is now sorted except for one issue that can’t be fixed. I can work around that but in two weeks I’ll either be keeping it with the lifetime or truckless for the 1st time since 2004. Basic question really is should I live with a unfixable but able to work around issue on a vehicle with a lifetime warranty or cash out and move on. My warranty’s value is a factor of the ability of a dealer to fix. If other issues arise that can’t be fixed then what good is a warranty. I believe I could fix the issue myself but the whole idea of moving from my ram diesel was to have a carefree and fully covered vehicle so I could concentrate and make more money at my day job. In retrospect my old diesel was never as problematic as the 1500 has been. Wish I’d kept it.
Would anyone hang on in this situation. If I let go I get a fair and non-taxable reimbursement. Just feel like I’m shooting my pet to put him out of his misery.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I regret losing my lifetime warranty, but I don't regret getting rid of the Jeep it came with.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I will say there was some fine print that makes you think, if a repair ever exceeded the value of the vehicle, they only have to pay the value of the vehicle and there goes the rest of the so called lifetime warranty.

Mbrigh3

IG: Stormtrooper_5.7
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I love that i have my lifetime warranty!

I hate that I have to use it so often lol