Mopar lifetime warranty question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Royal27

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wondering if anyone has purchased a lifetime warranty from the website: Chryslerwarrantys.com? The website looks legit. The quote I received is the cheapest I have found online and from dealer. Looking for some reviews and/or suggestions about website....

I haven't heard of them, but for giggles I did the quote. The guy I just got theverything warrantyou from is about $600 cheaper.

[email protected] (Clay Robbins)

I haven't gone back and looked, but pretty sure I got the email from this thread. I have at least three quotes that are cheaper than what I got on your site, but that was the cheapest.

phlram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The dealer quoted me @ $2,999 for 60 months/ 60k miles, 100 deductible or $4,999 lifetime, $100 deductible.

I am glad I had looked this thread beforehand..

Accountant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Laramie Hemi 5.7L
I think price went up a little but Clay will be way cheaper. He quoted me $2,450 for 100 deductible lifetime.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

alow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yeah it's funny I was ready to talk to the dealer and mine didn't even acknowledge the lifetime warranty. I figured why bother and got mine aftermarket. My dealer was great for everything else though so it's a minor gripe.

phlram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So, I just got the car last week, how do I go about getting this warranty now. Should I just contact Clay and get a quote? Do you guys recommend him?

PickUps_321

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just confirming, there is Zero, none, zilch, nada coverage to the e-torque system on any of the extended warranties. So, even if you spring for the "Lifetime Warranty", after 36 months, you are 100% on your own if any component of the e-torque system goes kaput. Does anyone know here how much a replacement e-torque motor costs?

Accountant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Laramie Hemi 5.7L
So, I just got the car last week, how do I go about getting this warranty now. Should I just contact Clay and get a quote? Do you guys recommend him?

Yes send him an email. Great to work with. 100% legit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Accountant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Laramie Hemi 5.7L
Just confirming, there is Zero, none, zilch, nada coverage to the e-torque system on any of the extended warranties. So, even if you spring for the "Lifetime Warranty", after 36 months, you are 100% on your own if any component of the e-torque system goes kaput. Does anyone know here how much a replacement e-torque motor costs?

Someone confirmed that etorque is covered. I don’t have it so I did not bother checking. You may want to confirm this as well if you plan to get lifetime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PickUps_321

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was just told by warranty rep, it is NOT covered.

HammerHead

USMC 0313
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 4Runner
Engine
What doesn’t it cover ? Sounds like it’s to good to be true ?
It is, just read a thread over in the performance section where a guy serviced his own transmission because it had a delayed shift. He figured changing the fluid would help. 4 months later the tranny kicked the bucket at 61k. Took it to the dealership and Maxcare denied his claim, said he didn't install the transmission filter properly.

alow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
For all the coverage concerns I'd ask directly when purchasing the warranty. I dont have etorque so I didnt ask at purchase time but I'd ask in an email so you have something for down the road troubles. I certainly hope its covered as it seems like an expensive system.

beepster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My dealer tried to sell me "The Mechanic" vehicle service contract when I purchased. Said it was honored at all FCA dealerships.....anyone ever heard of it???

HammerHead

USMC 0313
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 4Runner
Engine
My dealer tried to sell me "The Mechanic" vehicle service contract when I purchased. Said it was honored at all FCA dealerships.....anyone ever heard of it???
I've never heard of that kind of warranty. They offered me 100k, 125k but I wanted Maxcare. Not sure why but they acted like they dident want to sell it to me; I had to say the exact words Lifetime Maxcare Warranty because they were acting like they had no idea of what I wanted.
"The Machanic" sounds made up.

Fitz-0518

Veteran 66-68
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500. 2018 1500
Engine
6.4 3.6
^^^fully agree. "Some" dealers only want to sell a "3rd party" service agreement. Those are often low coverage, high cost, high commission agreements. What they cover is minimal and have failure to lubricate language that allows them to denie many repair claims. Sounds like classic slippery sales dealer BS.

PoMansRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi

That's one of the plans a mega dealer chain in my area sells. I bought one from them for our 2016 Nissan Quest minivan we bought used. It was a previous rental and has a CVT transmission so I reluctantly agreed to this extended warranty after working them down on the price. For ours, there's no deductible provided we use ANY of this dealer chain's service depts. $100 for outside that.

I don't have the info in front of me, but they have a website you can register at. Pretty straight forward contract. Pretty much everything is covered including some wear items like shocks, struts and springs. This would all depend on your particular contract though.

alow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So I just got an email from Zeigler saying no more lifetime warranties after the end of this month. If your on the fence I'd look into it.

HammerHead

USMC 0313
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 4Runner
Engine
So I just got an email from Zeigler saying no more lifetime warranties after the end of this month. If your on the fence I'd look into it.
No more for the rest of the year or indefinitely?

PickUps_321

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No more forever or no more until end of the year?