Mopar lifetime warranty question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ballgame168

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My dealership is waiting to get my truck delivered any day now. It’s curretly been unloaded at the rail yard. I am planning to get a lifetime MaxCare warranty. Even though I haven’t received my truck yet can I still purchase since I have my VIN? I expect to have my truck prior to 11/30 and still have time to purchase but just in case I don’t receive the truck until December I want to purchase the Lifetime while it is still available. Should I buy from Ziegler, Clay Robbins or Mopsr directly (if they are offering the lifetime for $2,450)?

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
My dealership is waiting to get my truck delivered any day now. It’s curretly been unloaded at the rail yard. I am planning to get a lifetime MaxCare warranty. Even though I haven’t received my truck yet can I still purchase since I have my VIN? I expect to have my truck prior to 11/30 and still have time to purchase but just in case I don’t receive the truck until December I want to purchase the Lifetime while it is still available. Should I buy from Ziegler, Clay Robbins or Mopsr directly (if they are offering the lifetime for $2,450)?

Doubt it. Don't think you can buy a warranty for a truck you do not own.

HammerHead

USMC 0313
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 4Runner
Engine
I'd call and ask; if you've paid for the truck I see no reason why not. I don't see the dealership turning down money.

Sportznut

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I just got an email from Zeigler saying no more lifetime warranties after the end of this month. If your on the fence I'd look into it.
Thanks for posting this. I will check into this because I was debating what I should do. I guess this will get me off the fence.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

alow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I put it up on 5th gen rams and there was atleast one guy in KZ who said he could purchase with his VIN though he hadnt taken delivery. Sounds like it depends on where you are in the process. Theres also some debate over there as to if this is actually going to happen but apparently some people have heard it from FCA as well as Zeigler. Either way I'd say if your thinking about it I'd check into it.

alow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This! Im curious now as well.

I already have MaxCare Lifetime but if they stop selling them altogether is it an indication of future coverage (or lack thereof) ?

My guess would be long term it sucks for a company to have to pay out to pop a new tranny in a truck 20 years out of factory warranty. Also theres no direct competition as no other brand I'm aware of offers a similar warranty. Just my thoughts on a possible why. If its true then really only FCA knows I'd imagine. I dont see it effecting future coverage. They already made a contract with us, you cant legally unbind a contract because its not lucrative.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My guess would be long term it sucks for a company to have to pay out to pop a new tranny in a truck 20 years out of factory warranty. Also theres no direct competition as no other brand I'm aware of offers a similar warranty. Just my thoughts on a possible why. If its true then really only FCA knows I'd imagine. I dont see it effecting future coverage. They already made a contract with us, you cant legally unbind a contract because its not lucrative.

True...Im honestly still surprised they offer it at all. I could see the up to 8 years one but lifetime is definitely beyond all the others.

It is a selling point for the trucks themselves, I would think, and one they might not want to give up. Unless maybe they vowed to stop selling them once their claims went over the profit from every single lifetime warranty they ever sold :)

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
On other Forum, big thing on Max care, saying ends 30 Nov 2018, but U can still purchase 8/120, just posting what I read.....

alow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The warranty was a big selling point for me. It will be interesting to see what happens from here but I'm glad I grabbed mine.

Musky Mike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Just talked to Mopar direct and the quote was $3300 for the $200 deductible. Told her I could get it for cheaper at the dealer and she said that was the lowest she could go.

Last edited:

Shellkamp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
8.0L V10
On these lifetime warranties; what happens in 10 years when they are no longer compelled to have parts available?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
On these lifetime warranties; what happens in 10 years when they are no longer compelled to have parts available?

Im pretty sure they would have to pay you back for a good amount of the warranty since they would, technically, be breaching the contract.

Shellkamp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
8.0L V10
Im pretty sure they would have to pay you back for a good amount of the warranty since they would, technically, be breaching the contract.
I'll bet money there's a clause to protect them from that very scenario. :Grin:

Actually it makes me wonder what they consider to be a "lifetime".

Fitz-0518

Veteran 66-68
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500. 2018 1500
Engine
6.4 3.6
I'd call and ask; if you've paid for the truck I see no reason why not. I don't see the dealership turning down money.
Full agreement. You do own the truck and you have the VIN #. All they need is your name address VIN an date of sale. I would buy it now. OR,,,if I must pre purchase pending delivery.

Shellkamp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
8.0L V10
Who am I kidding - they probably just figure on a small percentage of people actually owning a car for more than 5 years, and are able to just keep the proceeds from the majority of folks who sell their vehicles to keep the wheels spinning.

The house always wins.

Fitz-0518

Veteran 66-68
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500. 2018 1500
Engine
6.4 3.6
This! Im curious now as well.

I already have MaxCare Lifetime but if they stop selling them altogether is it an indication of future coverage (or lack thereof) ?
No issue with outstanding warranty's. And they may offer again. This is not historically unusual. Some years FCA offers it. Some years they don't. It is simply an economic analysis. How many have they sold for how much revenue. What do the prediction tables say they will pay out over what period of time. If they sold many more than they expected and they know for example that, lets say 10% of the trucks will have valve train claims, that may have been part of their decision. They are making the same decision many of us made. Risk reward.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Who am I kidding - they probably just figure on a small percentage of people actually owning a car for more than 5 years, and are able to just keep the proceeds from the majority of folks who sell their vehicles to keep the wheels spinning.

The house always wins.

You are probably correct.

I am not one to keep my stuff only 5 years, so I have a *chance* at beating the house. On the flipside, now that I own a MaxCare Lifetime Warranty, my truck will probably never break :)

Musky Mike

Reaction score
Ram Year
So I just got an email from Zeigler saying no more lifetime warranties after the end of this month. If your on the fence I'd look into it.
Can you post the link to Zeigler's website.