MoPar nightmare...what would you do?

MoparProud

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It’s irrelevant how fast December is coming. There is zero question that this is warranty. It could drag on into next summer and there isn’t a leg for them to stand on.

knightjp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@SSEC Glad you got your truck back. I can imagine it must have been an ordeal.
I babied my truck since new and followed the manual to the letter. However it didn’t prevent me from having the dreaded tick. Fortunately it wasn’t bad and unfortunately I was out of warranty when it happened.
Thank goodness for the guys on this forum. I learned a lot about my truck through the whole thing and now I know that even though you follow the manual, it might not always be the best choice.
My point is that the previous owner might have treated the truck like a baby, but the best is to Always check with the experts before doing anything.

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
Well I guess this will be another no ending story eh. Hope everything worked out for the op.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I can relate. The truck in my profile pic is at a dealer 900 miles from home with a failed cp4 injection pump. I'm out about 200 in fuel, 2k from the load I was headed to pick up, several days hotel, rental car and fuel to get home, and so far 2 weeks loss of use (which equates to another 4k lost gross income).

Thankfully just a side gig for me.

I contacted Ram on the advice of the dealership service manager and opened a case. Parts are expected Tuesday. I recommend you call the 800 number to Ram customer service if you haven't already. I don't think the fact you bought it used/private sale matters here.
CP4 pumps can’t handle ULSD! Never should have been used here. New ones now going back to CP3 pumps.

OP
OP
S

SSEC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L V8 Hemi
Lol, sorry guys, I'm back! So yeah, truck is running beautifully. We've got about 400 miles on the new engine now. Trying to take it easy until we get to that 500 mi mark. It did use a quart of oil right off the bat, but the dealer was great and topped it off again for nothing. We'll have to keep an eye on that to make sure it isn't an issue, but overall so far so good. Very grateful that the dealer went to bat for us and lit a fire under Mopar.

Oh, one more funny story. After the dealer got the approval for the repair, they ordered the engine and it came in BROKEN. So that was part of the delay, waiting for engine #3. Can't make this up. Thankfully they were able to get another one in right away.

P.S. We get about 3-4 mpg more with this new engine. Apparently it uses fuel better when all cylinders are firing! Imagine that.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Lol, sorry guys, I'm back! So yeah, truck is running beautifully. We've got about 400 miles on the new engine now. Trying to take it easy until we get to that 500 mi mark. It did use a quart of oil right off the bat, but the dealer was great and topped it off again for nothing. We'll have to keep an eye on that to make sure it isn't an issue, but overall so far so good. Very grateful that the dealer went to bat for us and lit a fire under Mopar.

Oh, one more funny story. After the dealer got the approval for the repair, they ordered the engine and it came in BROKEN. So that was part of the delay, waiting for engine #3. Can't make this up. Thankfully they were able to get another one in right away.

P.S. We get about 3-4 mpg more with this new engine. Apparently it uses fuel better when all cylinders are firing! Imagine that.
That is great news.