Mopar/Superlift 4" with Bilsteins Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eric M

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Going to be installing the 4" lift with Bilsteins on my 2016 Ecodiesel crew cab. I want the truck to be level, maybe even 1/4 or so higher in the front. No bashing-I like the way that looks. My question is this: What clip should I use on the Bilsteins, 2.1, 2.8 ? I'm sure with the added weight of the diesel I would have to go a notch higher than the gas motors, but what does everyone think? Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is a good question, most members here with that kit set them at 1.4 but with your heavier engine and desire for a slightly nose high look you should probably go 2.1. Hopefully others will reply

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How much rake do you have now? 4” kit is 4” front, 3” rear so whatever you have now the lift will remove 1”. If you’re looking for slightly nose high, 2.1” is probably your best bet. I’ve got mine at .7” cuz I wanted to retain some rake, if I set mine to 1.4” I’d be dead even.

IMO, since you are doing a drop bracket lift, I wouldn’t go any higher than 2.1”. If you want more than that I’d go another route beside 5100’s, not to mention you’ll probably need to look at a set of UCA’s. I had mine at 2.1 and I wouldn’t want to preload the stock springs anymore, really starts to stiffen up the nice ride.

Last edited:
OP
OP
E

Eric M

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Just to be sue, 2.1 is the second from highest notch on the strut-correct?

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just to be sue, 2.1 is the second from highest notch on the strut-correct?
On the 5100, yes, it’s the one right below the highest.

there are 5 notches:

stock

Last edited:

Joshua Collins

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Make sure to adjust your headlight down when you do it as well. A lot of trucks run around here with that stance and the lights are always blinding and pointed at the sky.