Mopar Tonneau Cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Giorgio_Rampa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 3.6L
Anyone running the Mopar tri-fold tonneau cover on their 1500 Classic Warlock? If so, what are your thoughts on it?

I'm currently shopping for a tri-fold either soft or hard cover.
Open to suggestions, the WeatherTech is nice but it's ~$1,850 CDN

Also, I'm in Quebec, so theirs a lot of snow that's going to sit on this cover (until I brush it off of course).

Thanks in advance!

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I forget which brand but the Mopar covers are made by an aftermarket company. You can more than likely save money by looking for an aftermarket brand.

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
or

go with a Truxedo Sentry C T Cover.

Aliminum Slats inside the cover. It is almost like the security aluminum, that rolls down and locks, to protect against break-ins, for store fronts.
Except these are wrapped in a nifty neat cover.

Lays almost perfectly level with the bed rails. Can be rolled up, for larger loads, in seconds and removed, incredibly quickly & easily.

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Try looking at Gator trifold soft covers. Exactly the same as mopar covers for about a third of the price.
I have one of these, 5.5 years and working & looking fine.a few years back I left work late & rain had frozen into a sheet of ice. It was stuck to the cover and I didn't want to rip the cover trying to get it off. I got out on the highway doing about 70 mph. I looked in the rear view mirror, the ice broke into small pieces and was spinning in place up to cabin roof height. It was an Icenado and stayed spinning for about 2 miles before it flew off piece by piece. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes.

BuschLatte420

chill water by day, drink beer by night
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 classic tradesmen crew cab 6’4 box
Engine
5.7L NON E-TORQUE 3.92 gears 4x4
I opted for the mopar tri fold cover and spray in bed liner and have no complaints. First winter with the new truck but it has had a ton of snow weight on it and holds up, granted I shovel it off when I get the chance. 2022 tradesman classic crew cab long box. Had a nice spring like thaw here in Western NY.

Attachments

• CECC1DD4-6A92-4A27-AC73-1329CE33D08F.jpeg
    CECC1DD4-6A92-4A27-AC73-1329CE33D08F.jpeg
    179.4 KB · Views: 33
  • 53E4FAFA-C370-401E-AA9A-6DFB15F1D918.jpeg
    53E4FAFA-C370-401E-AA9A-6DFB15F1D918.jpeg
    95.2 KB · Views: 34
  • 3B87A4FA-5E80-40FC-829A-815B17804E9A.jpeg
    3B87A4FA-5E80-40FC-829A-815B17804E9A.jpeg
    159.8 KB · Views: 32

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have one of these, 5.5 years and working & looking fine.a few years back I left work late & rain had frozen into a sheet of ice. It was stuck to the cover and I didn't want to rip the cover trying to get it off. I got out on the highway doing about 70 mph. I looked in the rear view mirror, the ice broke into small pieces and was spinning in place up to cabin roof height. It was an Icenado and stayed spinning for about 2 miles before it flew off piece by piece. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes.
I had that happen a few times. The first time it happened I was wondering why everyone behind me was backing off lol. People move pretty quickly when they see the ice start to flutter around then take off lol. I do try to get all the ice and snow off it but sometimes you can't get it all lol

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My MOPAR got water logged and delimitated after just 3 years.

Go aftermarket dont waste your money on OEM junk.

Yogee2020

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l hemi
I have the Mopar Hard Tri Fold Tonneau cover and love it locks tightly no leaks have the drainage tubes and no complaints so far nice and sturdy can get u pics if u want.

oe542bob

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi eTorque 5.7
I had the Mopar Tri-fold cover on a 6.5’ Rambox that was optioned from the factory.
Pros were it kept the bed virtually water free.
Cons, and reasons why I ended up removing it were, you could only flip it twice. If you needed anymore space, you had to remove it completely. Easy enough to do, but then you had to put it somewhere. It’s okay if you are at home, but if not, you kinda have to lay it in the bed. Subject to damage depending on what you were hauling.
Another factor if you are dealing with the Mopar OEM, the inner bedrails are unique as they provide a flat surface area for the gasket to seal on when closed.
This is how my Rambox was. When I decided to change to a ReTrax rolling cover, the inner rails couldn’t be used. The standard silver rails are what most aftermarket companies use to fit their particular covers to.
In my case, I had someone who wanted a trifold and we swapped the inner rails. I got his silver rails and he got my black rails to go with the trifold cover.

OP
OP
Giorgio_Rampa

Giorgio_Rampa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 3.6L
Thanks for the quick replies everyone!

I'll look into the Gator Tri-Fold and if I can't find anything soon, I'll opt for the Mopar one.

Is the cover different for a Warlock? Amazon keeps saying it won't fit a Warlock but it will fit over 1500 Classics.

BuschLatte420

chill water by day, drink beer by night
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 classic tradesmen crew cab 6’4 box
Engine
5.7L NON E-TORQUE 3.92 gears 4x4
I have the Mopar Hard Tri Fold Tonneau cover and love it locks tightly no leaks have the drainage tubes and no complaints so far nice and sturdy can get u pics if u want.
Drainage tubes, not sure if I noticed this on mine? Do they come with the OEM set up

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the OEM roll upon my 2021 Warlock short box. No complaints for past 2 years. Snow load does not stay on long in my yard so no stress on components. Seems to stay in place nicely at hiway speeds. If I had some $$ I might consider a hard top flip back...for now this was included and works fine.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I have a basic hard tri-fold I got from Walmart about 6 years ago. Transfered from my 3rd gen to 4th gen 8' trucks. Very solid, durable, looks as good as the day I bought it despite stacking things on it all the time. Last I looked was around $400. The three clips on each side attach right to the underside of the bed rails (with tail caps on) without need for additional hardware. I take it off about 2-3 times a month to carry big things, fairly easy to do by myself. The side clips keep it secure and locked in place, flip right up easily to fold part way or remove.

This is one for short bed

OP
OP
Giorgio_Rampa

Giorgio_Rampa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 3.6L
Ended up getting the Mopar soft top tri-fold from the dealer.

Thanks again everyone!

BrianKC

Reaction score

I'll look into the Gator Tri-Fold and if I can't find anything soon, I'll opt for the Mopar one.

Is the cover different for a Warlock? Amazon keeps saying it won't fit a Warlock but it will fit over 1500 Classics.
While looking at another thread on this forum (related to RamBoxes), I noticed a couple recommendations for aftermarket tonneau covers, including this one:

The Bakflip seems to be popular.

Ramsteen23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Just throwing in my vote for the Mopar Tri-Fold...it came new on my 2016 1500 Limited and has held up nicely over 7 years and I live in the Northeast. I clean it monthly on average with 303 Aerospace Protectant. You can add a simple foam tailgate seal to keep the rain out, but the bed stays pretty dry without it. Would recommend checking the clamps every so often especially before driving on the highway as they can loosen overtime...stating the obvious I know. For extra security/safety, I used tie downs on the underside of the cover to strap the back corners securely to the rear bed hooks. I've read stories about some having their covers fly off on the highway which is a scary thought so you can never can be too safe.

Happy shopping!