Mopar Vehicle Protection...John Fox....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DeckArtist

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have been getting quite a few emails regarding extended warranty via the company above for my 2020 Rebel. I was wondering if this is the same thing as Chrysler Warranty Direct and if anyone here on the board is using them?

I want to get an idea of how much the 7 year unlimited mileage option costs. I plan on calling them on Saturday as I am very close to the 12k mark.

NorthStar1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 1500 Big Horn/Lone Star 4x2 Crew
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Fox is the Director of Mopar Vehicle Protection at corporate FCA HQ. I don’t think you’ll speak with him directly but one of his sales people. Regardless of the price, always benchmark their rates with https://www.chryslerfactoryplans.com/contact/default.aspx

Use Code Damon2 if you wish to finance at 0% interest or PAYINFULL for a larger discount but you will need to pay it in full at the the time of purchase. I have yet to find anyone who beats them.

OP
OP
DeckArtist

DeckArtist

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's not a bad price for the warranty, will keep them in mind. That one covers just about everything outside of the normal wear and tear items right?

OP
OP
DeckArtist

DeckArtist

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Haven't seen that until now. Interesting for sure.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
There are a number of threads on this topic in 4th gen and 3ed gen and might be worth reading. The results are generally "wouldn't buy it" and "wouldn't drive without it". It is obviously your decision. The bottom line is no business offers something like this that they don't expect to make money on. The get your money back option is there to force people to pay for repairs that don't exceed the amount paid for the warranty, it is like a carrot dangled out there and the longer you go without using it the less likely you are to use it. Then if something big were to possibly happen you wasted the earlier repair money paid. It is essentially gambling and you know the house always wins.

The dealer and FCA make money on the repairs you do pay for while also making money investing your cash for 7 years. And if you think you will get your money back, why buy in the first place? I don't know if there is a difference in cost between identical coverage cash back versus non-cash back plans, might want to check that as well. Good luck.

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
There are a number of threads on this topic in 4th gen and 3ed gen and might be worth reading. The results are generally "wouldn't buy it" and "wouldn't drive without it". It is obviously your decision. The bottom line is no business offers something like this that they don't expect to make money on. The get your money back option is there to force people to pay for repairs that don't exceed the amount paid for the warranty, it is like a carrot dangled out there and the longer you go without using it the less likely you are to use it. Then if something big were to possibly happen you wasted the earlier repair money paid. It is essentially gambling and you know the house always wins.

The dealer and FCA make money on the repairs you do pay for while also making money investing your cash for 7 years. And if you think you will get your money back, why buy in the first place? I don't know if there is a difference in cost between identical coverage cash back versus non-cash back plans, might want to check that as well. Good luck.

Yea- our cash investments are returning a whooping 0.10 percent. I dont think I will miss the big return on a 2K investment with premium return at the end. Seems like a good investment to me.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
The present value of your money is greater than the future value of those dollars. Pay off a credit card, put in a 401, make a extra payment on the mortgage, out towards the truck payment. The interest saved over 7 years could be significant. And maybe it is a good investment if buying a vehicle with lots of accessories and options, more to go wrong and the price goes up accordingly. I was not faulting anyone on buying it, just offering some information to consider. But this should also be negotiated, don't just take the price they give you. My dealership came back 3 times with lower prices when I said no, they finally gave up.

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
The present value of your money is greater than the future value of those dollars. Pay off a credit card, put in a 401, make a extra payment on the mortgage, out towards the truck payment. The interest saved over 7 years could be significant. And maybe it is a good investment if buying a vehicle with lots of accessories and options, more to go wrong and the price goes up accordingly. I was not faulting anyone on buying it, just offering some information to consider. But this should also be negotiated, don't just take the price they give you. My dealership came back 3 times with lower prices when I said no, they finally gave up.

I walked out on my local Ford dealership the other day because after hours of negotiation they wanted to tack on their 699.00 dealer handling fees. The next day they called me and said they would drop it 200.00 and I told them no thanks. In the past I have walked out over 50.00 difference but they always caught me before I got back to my car. Friends call me a cheap *******.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
I walked out on my local Ford dealership the other day because after hours of negotiation they wanted to tack on their 699.00 dealer handling fees. The next day they called me and said they would drop it 200.00 and I told them no thanks. In the past I have walked out over 50.00 difference but they always caught me before I got back to my car. Friends call me a cheap *******.

I'm getting too old for that personally, so I use a buying service now. Dealers gauge us to see how much energy and knowledge we have before deciding how much to push us. I'm not into juvenile con man games anymore.

I did buy the extended warranty from corporate because these aren't the old time beaters we had decades ago. I wouldn't consider not having homeowner's insurance because I'm unlikely to recover my premium payments. That's why we have insurance at all - to proven catastrophic financial loss.

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I'm getting too old for that personally, so I use a buying service now. Dealers gauge us to see how much energy and knowledge we have before deciding how much to push us. I'm not into juvenile con man games anymore.

I did buy the extended warranty from corporate because these aren't the old time beaters we had decades ago. I wouldn't consider not having homeowner's insurance because I'm unlikely to recover my premium payments. That's why we have insurance at all - to proven catastrophic financial loss.

I agree on the extended warranty in most cases. I do most of my truck negotiations via email so dont have to sit in a dealers office for hours. Back in the old days thats the only way we could.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DeckArtist

DeckArtist

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I fall into the "I won't drive without one" category. I have had only used trucks up until now and used to have a good mechanic who would do trades with me rather than charging me for the work. I drive over 35k a year so my warranty will last one year at best. I am at 11k right now after only four months. I may not need the warranty for years, but seven years and unlimited mileage for less than $3k is a no brainer for me. And it would only cost me $200 a month after the down payment.

I have yet to see any truck go seven years without at least one major repair bill. At my current mileage per year that would cover me up until 245k.

OP
OP
DeckArtist

DeckArtist

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I have read most of them already, just wanted to ask about this particular email and see if anyone had actually used them.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
I agree on the extended warranty in most cases. I due most of my truck negotiations via email so dont have to sit in a dealers office for hours. Back in the old days thats the only way we could.

Yep - they also recommend that if you're not a burnout like me!

OP
OP
DeckArtist

DeckArtist

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Fox is the Director of Mopar Vehicle Protection at corporate FCA HQ. I don’t think you’ll speak with him directly but one of his sales people. Regardless of the price, always benchmark their rates with https://www.chryslerfactoryplans.com/contact/default.aspx

Use Code Damon2 if you wish to finance at 0% interest or PAYINFULL for a larger discount but you will need to pay it in full at the the time of purchase. I have yet to find anyone who beats them.

Got my 7-year Unlimited Mileage plan ordered a little bit ago. $2910...over $1000 cheaper than the 'other guys'. Thanks again for the link.