Mopar Vehicle Protection Maximum Care plan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PGTB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had it on my 2017 Limited. All that electronics and air suspension can be very expensive to repair

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel

It is supposedly very close to the Mopar Extended Warranty
for when the Mopar warranty runs out

other companies

Watch what company you choose

Like CarShield is not legally allowed to operate in Calif.

Last edited:

mrock

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Laramie
Engine
We have the extended Maximum Care Plan on our 2016 EcoDiesel Longhorn. For the most part it has been good, but they refused to repair or replace the infamous air suspension system when it failed even though suspension are specifically named as a covered component.

omac

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have the Lifetime Max Care on my 2013 Laramie. Used it couple times with no problems. The warranty is on the VIN so I can go to any dealer and get repairs done. I bought the warranty online from a dealer in Texas.

leroys73

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yep, used it. Very happy I have it on all three of our vehicles. One has 212,000 on it after 14 years and the plan has paid for itself at $100 deductible. We have the Life Time Max Care which is not offered any longer. We keep our vehicles until the die. If you change often it may not be worth it except for resale.

Shop on line for the best price and only get the MoPar back one.

DeckArtist

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got the 7 year unlimited mileage warranty from Ziegler and paid $2910. Already used it once to cover a Rambox issue. No worries so far as the dealer handles all the details.

swapwap

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Bought through Ziegler, used discount code and saved. They actually show up on your vin# at the stealership so there is no problem with these. They are not like the typical annoying caller trying to sell you some crap warranty replacement,

KC Kevin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Got my extended warranty - Maximum Care for 7 years/125K miles. Mopar Direct quoted $3,455 after all 'discounts'. These prices reflect the $200 deductible option.

I called Granger and they quoted $2,405 for the exact same thing. Done.

I figure this will pay for itself with one, maybe two repairs. Its darn expensive to repair anything on these trucks.

brian42

Military
Reaction score
Just to piggy back on this thread, does anyone know if there’s any other plan after your maxcare runs out ?
Yes, you can. You can get a Mopar MaxCare Used ESP (compared to the new ESP you bought before your basic warranty expired).

You can go as high as 5 years | 75K miles (or 4 years if you want unlimited miles). Check the prices, though, as the used ESP prices are a lot more expensive than the new ESP.

I have the new MaxCare ESP and have used it a couple of times already. Pretty sure it paid for itself and I still have over 4 years left on it.

The new ESP was a no-brainer for me as I drive 20K miles a year. When this one is done, though, I'll take my chances. The used MaxCare is too rich for my blood.

Loudram

Just a sinner saved by grace
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm thinking about getting MBI through Geico I just have to check out the cost. I can get it as long as my truck has less than 15k miles and is less than 15 months old. It covers quite a bit.

These are the exclusions.
Screenshot_20221108_210400_Brave.jpg

brian42

Military
Reaction score
People have said that they have gone through their insurance companies for ESPs and have had good luck.

I would check to see what the process is for payout (they pay the dealership, you pay the dealership then get re-imbursed, etc.) so you can be sure you are okay with the policy structure.

I knew I didn't want a 3rd party ESP but had never considered one through the auto insurance company. My insurance company does not offer one any more but, when they did, they partnered with a 3rd party ESP company (it was not an in-house endeavor) so that was two strikes for me in that realm.

I am all about a good deal but I will also pay a little extra for convenience. I'm not trying to sell/sway you in any way but make sure you know who is backing the ESP and who is writing the check to get your truck back when the work is done.

Just my .02

Rt71668

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes, you can. You can get a Mopar MaxCare Used ESP (compared to the new ESP you bought before your basic warranty expired).

You can go as high as 5 years | 75K miles (or 4 years if you want unlimited miles). Check the prices, though, as the used ESP prices are a lot more expensive than the new ESP.

I have the new MaxCare ESP and have used it a couple of times already. Pretty sure it paid for itself and I still have over 4 years left on it.

The new ESP was a no-brainer for me as I drive 20K miles a year. When this one is done, though, I'll take my chances. The used MaxCare is too rich for my blood.
I have 6 year 125k and it’s about to expire.