Mopar Vehicle Protection Maximum Care plan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mountainlion

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7l I6
Hi Guys,

Have to make a decision if I should go for the Mopar Maximum Care plan to my Ram 3500, 6.7 2022.

Before deciding it would be great if you who have used the plan could share your experience good or bad.

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I had the Maximum Care Plan on 3 of my MOPAR vehicles. In each case that the dealer filed a claim for warranty the claim was processed quickly. I had no issues dealing with the plan administrators or claim administrators.

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
lots of places sell it much cheaper than your local dealer for the same mopar max care plan. Granger motors and Zeigler auto group both sell it for $50 over dealer cost and it is exact same as your ram dealership sells. your dealership does not know who you bought it through either.

chopperman1

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Rebel
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I've had it on all my Rams and even have their lifetime plan on my Durango. Zero problems with them at all. Some folks say just put the $$ in the bank, good for them. I personally like the comfort and knowing I have bumper to bumper coverage as well as 1st day car rental coverage on my vehicles.

John Jensen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
I have the Mopar Maximum Care Plan on my Rams. Great coverage and service from my dealer.
Each time I shopped online Tom Winkels, Hayes Jeep, 269-385-1116 had the best pricing to which my dealer matched.

Later2u

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've never bought a factory plan until my latest purchase, 2019 Charger. These plans cost money, but where I'm at in life I wanted one this time. I like it. You can take it to any dealer and get your service or repair done. Peace of mind I suppose.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Just a heads up,
there is the Mopar Extended Warranty Plan
shop for the best price, the Mopar Extended Warranty is good in the USA, Canada & Mexico at all Dodge dealerships & other garages that you have to call Ram Headquarters to get approval.

Now some dealerships will tell you that they have a cheaper plan that you can get.
It is ONLY good at that dealers group & not worth a dime anywhere else

Buy the longest extended warranty that you can get
It is good insurance
i have not used it on my current Ram, but i sure did on my last Ram

IdaRam4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Gemí 5.7
I purchased the lifetime warranty. $100.00 deductible per visit, not per issue. It has already paid for itself. Great insurance that gives us peace of mind knowing we are covered

Musky Mike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I have the unlimited plan, but haven't had to use it yet. Just FYI, Iv'e heard the rear glass leaking (a known problem) isn't covered because under the plan, glass isn't covered.

avantiguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Interesting! I'd think it's a seal problem not a glass issue. Just for grins, are the door seals covered?. If so I'd argue the window is no different.

bobbanka

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
I had the Mopar Plan when I first bought my 2017 Ram 1500. Somehow, Geico added an extended warranty policy to the trucks policy and it cost me maybe $80 a year so I cancelled the Mopar policy. At 90,000 miles my AC went out and Geico paid it ($1,200) without question. At 95,000 miles my rack and pinion went out and 3 exhaust bolts were broken. Geico paid that bill, ($5,100) and never blinked.

mgr1001

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins 6.7
I just used my Mopar Vehicle Protection Maximum Care plan on my 2016 Ram 3500. I was at the very end of the warranty period. After a long wait for "approval" from whoever it is at Chrysler that approves these claims, finally got the turbo replaced (a $10k repair I'm told). I was peeved that the approval took so long (my truck was gone for over two weeks), but, in the end, it was worth it.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Interesting! I'd think it's a seal problem not a glass issue. Just for grins, are the door seals covered?. If so I'd argue the window is no different.
Read your paperwork, but I haven't seen a plan yet that covers seals. I did have luck with my wife's Toyota where they rejected agreement payment for the window seal of driver door, but I argued that their own parts list called it a window guide track and not a seal. After 2 hours with corporate help, got it covered. Good luck.

FWIW, I never buy them, on my third new Ram, would have been huge waste of money. They are money makers for companies, but if it gives someone piece of mind, then worth every dollar spent and one might just get lucky (or unlucky) and get more than the value back in service.

RamRider60

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I have the unlimited plan, but haven't had to use it yet. Just FYI, Iv'e heard the rear glass leaking (a known problem) isn't covered because under the plan, glass isn't covered.
I purchased the unlimited plan back in 2013 and for most of what I've used it for, it has already paid for itself. There is one loophole however that may be an issue. These Dodge folks can discontinue parts that are covered in these warranties. In cases like OEM parts that only Mopar makes, you are screwed if one of those parts is needed afterwards. At which point you are in a situation of needing to get the part from a salvage yard which then voids the warranty for the part. I had a engine wiring harness that needed to be replaced last year (May 24, 2021). After nearly 4 months of getting a Dodge Rep involved and the Dealership attempting to find a Salvage harness, I needed to send my existing wiring harness to harness restoration company out in Utah. To get on the escalated priority list, it has cost me over $5000 to get this wiring harness back in working order. They just completed my harness after the rebuild and QC. My expected delivery of my wiring harness is actually tomorrow through FedEx. Yes, it has been over a year of waiting for the use of my truck which has been sitting at a Dodge Dealership all this time. Dodge discontinued the wiring harness in March 2020. 7 years after I bought mine. Some folks are just finishing paying off their truck loan and the wiring harness had been discontinued. The fallout from this was that Mopar will not cover the warranty if you use a salvage wiring harness and if they deem the wiring harness was the problem which caused any components connected to the wiring harness to fail. So if I blow an alternator or anything else that is conneted to the harness including the ECM, the warranty is null and void. So as much as you think you are covered for everything, there are things that Mopar can do to void the warranty without you even knowing until you need a given OEM part that they no longer make. I posted the whole issue in a post last year. Search for:

2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn Engine Wiring Harness - Part # 68144497AD​

You will get a good idea of how they can get out of covering certain things that may be problematic and that they possibly don't want to have a recall for. In this case, my thinking was that the 2013 wiring harness was problematic enough that they decided to discontinue it. That's just a guess but that it what I suspect. My Dodge Customer Representitive told me that Dodge was only responsible for supplying these parts for 5 years. So you can see how if they end up with a problematic part, they can just discontinue it after 5 years and walk away from your lifetime warranty. They don't inform you when the part gets discontinued even when they know perfectly well on who has these lifetime warranties and can easily send an email notification informing that customer of their discontinued status fo the part. In this case, they probably knew within a day of my problem that this wiring harness was going to be almost impossible to get but they strung me along for months until they shared the good news with me. I guarentee that this affects a good number of other Dodge and Jeep vehicles who use the same wiring harness for their 2013 vehicles. Again, I have used the warranty enough to get my money back in some regard but I have not recovered any of the $5000+ I spent in getting my original wiring harness rebuilt, my insurance paid for the year and just my time finding other ways to get things done without having access to my truck. Sorry for the long message but these warranties have underlying loopholes that no salesman at Dodge is ever going to let you know about.

John Jensen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
I had the Mopar Plan when I first bought my 2017 Ram 1500. Somehow, Geico added an extended warranty policy to the trucks policy and it cost me maybe $80 a year so I cancelled the Mopar policy. At 90,000 miles my AC went out and Geico paid it ($1,200) without question. At 95,000 miles my rack and pinion went out and 3 exhaust bolts were broken. Geico paid that bill, ($5,100) and never blinked.
My 2016 Eco Mopar Maximum Care, 7 years/60,000 miles, w/zero deductible was 1410.00 That's $16.79 a month. I thought that was a good deal.

My 2020 HO Mopar Maximum Care, 8 years/60,000 miles, w/$100.00 deductible was 1360.00 That's $16.19 a month.

I average way under 5000 miles a year on either truck, that the reason for the low mileage policies

Rt71668

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just to piggy back on this thread, does anyone know if there’s any other plan after your maxcare runs out ?

John Jensen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Just to piggy back on this thread, does anyone know if there’s any other plan after your maxcare runs out ?
I'm not sure. However, I have read posts where owners have extended after their plan ran out.

Edit:
Found this post on another forum. It's from 2018 but indicates it's possible

"Got an offer from Mopar today to extend my 100K mile warranty with this extended-extended warranty. I'm at 99,500 miles curious if anyone else has taken advantage of this. Its pretty expensive for the maximum warranty with a $500 deductible its $135.52 a month, the "Added care" is $90, and the power train extended warranty is $70 a month."

Last edited: