Mopar vs Weathertech mats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Giorgio_Rampa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 3.6L
I recently ordered a 2022 Warlock and it comes with the Mopar all weather mats (front and rear).

Is this as good as the Weathertech Floorliner HP?
Wondering if I should ask to remove them from the deal and get the Weathertech instead.

Thanks in advance!

bigdodge

Reaction score
The Mopar are way better in my opinion. I bought one set of weather tech for my Jeep and they were trash after a couple years. Mostly just deformed. I've had my Mopar ones since 15 and I scrub them clean monthly with a floor broom and they always keep their shape.

OP
OP
Giorgio_Rampa

Giorgio_Rampa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 3.6L
The Mopar are way better in my opinion. I bought one set of weather tech for my Jeep and they were trash after a couple years. Mostly just deformed. I've had my Mopar ones since 15 and I scrub them clean monthly with a floor broom and they always keep their shape.

Just to be clear, the Weathertech mats that you had were these?

I've had this model of Weathertech in all of my cars and they still look like new. That's why I'm asking.
I'm not even sure what the Mopar one looks like that comes with the truck...

444781IM-442163IM.jpg

KoboldTaco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L
Just to be clear, the Weathertech mats that you had were these?

I've had this model of Weathertech in all of my cars and they still look like new. That's why I'm asking.
I'm not even sure what the Mopar one looks like that comes with the truck...

View attachment 514069
I have this exact set and love them. Guys I’ve seen here also swear by the mopar mats So I think either way you will be happy.

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mopar mats are nice, but if they are the same that came with my 16 Outdoorsman, the weathertechs will protect more carpet - but are slipperier than the Mopar.

OP
OP
Giorgio_Rampa

Giorgio_Rampa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 3.6L
Mopar mats are nice, but if they are the same that came with my 16 Outdoorsman, the weathertechs will protect more carpet - but are slipperier than the Mopar.

Thanks! Is this referring to the front, back or both?

Wish they had them at the dealer so that I could see for myself.

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Both front and rear. I just don't know if they are the same mats as that came in mine. Mine have deeper grooves and a nice rubber vs. the plastic of weathertechs. They just don't cover the same amount of carpet as the weathertechs.

The mopars cover a lot of the carpet, don't get me wrong.

And I hate weathertech when I have snow/ice/sand on the bottom of my shoes. Especially getting in if the floor is wet and has frozen overnite . :)

The new mats might be the high cover ones like in the is picture.

Last edited:

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Is this referring to the front, back or both?
Both, my buddy had the Weathertechs in his truck and hated them. Rode in the truck many times and agree with this.
Get the HuskyLiner X-Act Contour floor mats, best of both worlds. They'll cover more of the carpeting and they're not slippery. I have them for my '15, have kept the carpet looking new even with multiple muddy hunting trips.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I had the Mopar mats in the front
I don't use the rear area for seating, the fold flat floor is always in use

In 2016 the Mopar mats were in the Ram, at that time i weighed about 250 pounds. I was driving at least 1200 miles a week.
Where my right heel rests while driving, wore through the Mopar mat in no time.

I replaced them with Weathertechs that i bought at 4 Wheel Parts store.
I continued driving that same amount of miles right up until Covid happened. The mats still look good, but the edge closest to the drivers door is curling up.
I have a heat gun & i plan on applying heat to the underside of that mat

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
i've had both and i prefer the mopar by a long shot.weathertech looked like crap after a year of grimy workboots scuffing them up.no amount of scrubbing would get them looking halfway decent.i didn't even bother keeping them when i sold the truck.

bigdodge

Reaction score
So the Mopar had 2 versions. Older sets are flat. I believe in 18 they made new ones like I just got and they have the extra coverage like the weather tech but are softer and have more grip than the WT. They are really great mats

OP
OP
Giorgio_Rampa

Giorgio_Rampa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 3.6L
I guess I'll have to wait and see before I switch over to Weathertechs.

Thanks again for the feedback everyone!

mb33458

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 etorque
Weather tech mats are nice, I put them in my wife's car. I put the Husky mats in my 21 Bighorn, they are very nice floor mats. Take a look at the Husky mats before you buy another mat.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
I got Mopar matts in my 2021 2500 that came with the order. I have Weathertec in the 2020 Jeep and one car. The Mopar matts are far superior to the Weathertec. Protect as well, easier to snap in and out, not nearly as slippery. So much better I ordered Mopar for the Jeep.

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I recently ordered a 2022 Warlock and it comes with the Mopar all weather mats (front and rear).

Is this as good as the Weathertech Floorliner HP?
Wondering if I should ask to remove them from the deal and get the Weathertech instead.

Thanks in advance!
I've had weathertech for 3 years, and they have held up superbly.

Rieggs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Never had the Mopar brand but plenty of Weathertech and Husky. Didn't like the Weathertech and agree that they seem to deform over time. I have been super happy with my Husky Liners. Quick scrub and good as new,

Both my Weathertech and Huskys got a little slick when wet / icy.

PaleFlyer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My '18 rebel appears to have come with the older "flat" style Mopar mats. I like them. they look great still, even after 77k miles, and lots of "work boot" time. I got my wife Weathertechs for her Rav4, and the Weathertechs feel like thinner plastic, to the thicker "rubber" of the Mopar mats. But the mats I have do NOT go up the side of the console, they do go up the kick areas of the front seats. (Referencing the mats someone posted on page 1.) And the back seat mat doesn't split, which I wonder about it's ability to do it's job on the tranny hump with it splitting like that.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
My '18 rebel appears to have come with the older "flat" style Mopar mats. I like them. they look great still, even after 77k miles, and lots of "work boot" time. I got my wife Weathertechs for her Rav4, and the Weathertechs feel like thinner plastic, to the thicker "rubber" of the Mopar mats. But the mats I have do NOT go up the side of the console, they do go up the kick areas of the front seats. (Referencing the mats someone posted on page 1.) And the back seat mat doesn't split, which I wonder about it's ability to do it's job on the tranny hump with it splitting like that.
You point out an interesting thing about OEM mats. There is huge selection. Front and back sets range from 150 to 800 a set for the same truck. Big difference in designs.

nlambert182

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I had Weathertechs in the Jeep Rubicon that we used to own (street queen for my wife) and we hated them. The edges started to curl and they looked really worn and wouldn't clean within 2-3 months. Mind you, this was 100% street driven and never went offroad. If it iced over and you carried any ice on your shoes into the car it was really slippery after that.

I have the Mopar mats in my 2018 and love them. Easy to clean, softer, and seem to hold up really well. These have 63k miles on them and you wouldn't know it.