Mopar Warranty Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamLross1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I recently purchased a 2019 Limited. And I also purchased a Mopar Mascara warranty with a $100 deductible. About 3 weeks after I purchased the truck, the lowed LED strip on the passenger headlight decided that it would work when it wanted to. I took it into the dealership for that AND horrible wind noise from the panoramic roof (which I don't have the issue on my 2020 Laramie). Mopar warranty REFUSES to cover the headlight assembly. They claim that it "industry standard" to consider it a maintenance issue. Therefore, since it is a maintenance issue, they will not cover it, and the unit is $1,100.00. I called the 800 number to Mopar warranty, and emailed the CSR at molar who sold me the warranty. They refuse to budge. The headlight assembly is NOT serviceable as far as I know. I am highly disgusted at this point. This is my 4th ram in (2) years (I drive a lot).

Has anyone had a similar issue?
JayinMI, I feel your pain, I purchased the Mopar Lifetime Extended Warranty in 2014 for my 2012 Dodge Durango. I paid $3,600.00 for it, the sale rep for Mopar told me that my Auto was "Covered From Bumper To Bumper" and that the most I would have to spend on repairs was $100.00 and applicable taxes. Fast forward to May 16, 2022 I took my durango to the dealership and they discovered why my "FCW Not Working" kept lighting up my Dashboard. Turns out based on what was told to me that was told to the dealership mechanics by dodge Chrysler engineers that it was probably something to do with the right headlight. Now here is the rub, "Headlight Aint Covered" and to replace the light...."WAIT FOR IT".... $1,060.00: Now maybe I might just a little bit could role with that reality accept for the warranty covers mechanical and electrical. According to the dealership technician there is a "SHORTAGE" in a wire coming from my right headlight and is attached something going to my "FCW" in order for it to work properly. Dodge designed it in such a way that the wiring can't be replace so the entire headlight and harness has to be replaced. I'm truly not questioning the cost of the headlight even though it is a bit expensive, rather, the contrived manor dodge designed was with intent on the long game, years after car was sold. I digress, point is look at how Mopar manage to side step having to pay up. Attach the harness permanently to the headlight and the harness is no longer a harness, it's a "LIGHT", So.., Not Covered.

jr27236

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Seems that all the car manufacturers are NOT covering any of these "sealed lights" complete utter BS. You see these cars driving around with those LED bars with a bunch of LED's burned out and you can't even access them to repair anything.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Seems that all the car manufacturers are NOT covering any of these "sealed lights" complete utter BS. You see these cars driving around with those LED bars with a bunch of LED's burned out and you can't even access them to repair anything.
MAY be why PPL do not fix/replace, cost outrageous.

Awokenotwoke

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I didn’t think that it was a sealed beam or lens. I knew if it was a bulb that would at my cost. My fight has been that it’s the whole dang unit. I did a search on here and didn’t find much.

I’m having the dealer give me back the old one. But that’s still besides the point. I know that ESP are not a catch all for everything. But this to me is just BS. If I didn’t have to replace the whole $1,200 unit, I would probably be OK with covering the cost. But the whole unit and labor is $1,445. And the truck is only 3 yrs old.

My 16 GMC the LED surrounds still work. My aftermarket headlights on my 16 Ram which have LED surrounds still work. My 13 Acadia which has LED surrounds still work.
Check it out: if you purchased the replacement unit new from Ram/Mopar it has a lifetime warranty. Any further issues will be covered.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
When arguing coverage, you have to get away from the arm of the company that sells the plans, they are financial part and have a vested interest in not giving any money back. You have to work with some part that is a customer service group.

Extended warranties...

Funky2m2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I recently purchased a 2019 Limited. And I also purchased a Mopar Mascara warranty with a $100 deductible. About 3 weeks after I purchased the truck, the lowed LED strip on the passenger headlight decided that it would work when it wanted to. I took it into the dealership for that AND horrible wind noise from the panoramic roof (which I don't have the issue on my 2020 Laramie). Mopar warranty REFUSES to cover the headlight assembly. They claim that it "industry standard" to consider it a maintenance issue. Therefore, since it is a maintenance issue, they will not cover it, and the unit is $1,100.00. I called the 800 number to Mopar warranty, and emailed the CSR at molar who sold me the warranty. They refuse to budge. The headlight assembly is NOT serviceable as far as I know. I am highly disgusted at this point. This is my 4th ram in (2) years (I drive a lot).

Has anyone had a similar issue?
I do not belive anyone covers LED. My Third brake light on one of my cars a Honda Civic LED light went out and they wanted to charge me a few hundred bucks to replace the whole assyembly. It covers the upper section of the rear window. Said lights are consumer issues. What a crock of BS. I could not buy it at a AZ or anywhere. Dealer item. You think that would tell them it should be a warranty item.

slekanka

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So just because of a headlight, scratch the whole thing? His warranty was just a little less than what I paid for my lifetime Mopar MaxCare warranty when I bought my truck brand new and so far, its covered a $1200 radio that had screen delamination so although there's some things it may not cover, im sure there's a whole lot more that it will.
They just canceled my warranty and sent me a 25.00 check. They claim it my truck is a commercial vehicle, it’s a 2015, 3500 dually. Of course it has commercial plates in New York State