More Turn Signal Nonsense

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UtterlyDodgy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L V6
Sorry to bring up yet another thread about this, but being minus a wiring diagram, I'm left asking you guys or dropping $160/hr for diagnostic work at the RAM mechanic...

Less than a week into my ownership of my 2016 RAM 2500 Cummins (in fact it began as I arrived home from picking it up), I began getting the annoying but otherwise useless warning about my driver's rear turn signal being out. It's not, but the system tells me it is. The signal indicator arrow in the dash also hyperflashes, but the LEDs actually flash normally, and they always work.

I pulled and checked the connectors, they're clean and schmutz free.

Yesterday, I began to get the same message about the right rear turn signal, also erroneous.

I have also noticed that my powered lighter plug (they used to call them cigarette lighters but that's not my bag) up next to my cupholders in the center console doesn't work.

So, my attemp at succinct TLDR is as follows:
1) Is there a common fuse that might be a problem (the lighter plug seems to point me in this direction, no idea yet where the fuses even are)?
2) Other than slapping dielectric grease on the prongs of the LEDs or replacing the housings, is there anything else I can be doing?
3) What did I miss/not think about?

Thanks, all!
URU

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
Are these the OEM LED tail light assemblies or aftermarket LED bulbs in the standard tail light housing?

Kinta77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sorry to bring up yet another thread about this, but being minus a wiring diagram, I'm left asking you guys or dropping $160/hr for diagnostic work at the RAM mechanic...

Less than a week into my ownership of my 2016 RAM 2500 Cummins (in fact it began as I arrived home from picking it up), I began getting the annoying but otherwise useless warning about my driver's rear turn signal being out. It's not, but the system tells me it is. The signal indicator arrow in the dash also hyperflashes, but the LEDs actually flash normally, and they always work.

I pulled and checked the connectors, they're clean and schmutz free.

Yesterday, I began to get the same message about the right rear turn signal, also erroneous.

I have also noticed that my powered lighter plug (they used to call them cigarette lighters but that's not my bag) up next to my cupholders in the center console doesn't work.

So, my attemp at succinct TLDR is as follows:
1) Is there a common fuse that might be a problem (the lighter plug seems to point me in this direction, no idea yet where the fuses even are)?
2) Other than slapping dielectric grease on the prongs of the LEDs or replacing the housings, is there anything else I can be doing?
3) What did I miss/not think about?

Thanks, all!
URU
To fool the computer you need a " resistor" ... the computer doesn't recognize leds

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210929-033650_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20210929-033650_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 7

EdGs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Check your 3rd brake light as well, these can cause the issue also.

Andersoncma

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Is this so that the computer thinks the turn signal is pulling more load than it actually is, thus detecting that the LED turn signal is actually working?

joe670ho

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Could it be possible that someone wired in some trailer wiring and screwed something up ?

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
It may sound strange, but spray some electrical contact cleaner into the trailer plug connector
Corrosion in the plug, can cause even headlights to act up
signal lights are affected even more often