Morimoto headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Murphyjs6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
That's what I thought. Here is my updated email. Actually was wrong in my email, I spent over $2600 and they wont budge on price even tho it's been 4.5 months

View attachment 160789 View attachment 160790
This kinda feels like the kanoa scam that happened 2 years ago.... look it up. Different class of product but same **** is happening. I was one of the people that got scammed with kanoa.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Joemagnum

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Except morimoto has so many products out there already I can’t see them scamming just the ram guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T JAZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7L V8
Damn I was really hoping to be able to see. Maybe it may just be worth while to swap out to LED bulbs in my projectors.

@Joemagnum when you were mentioning earlier about quad headlights, do you mean the headlights that came on lower trim rams? Are they easier to modify then the projectors?

Last edited:

2018NightRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Don't walk... RUN away from a company that makes it sound like they did YOU a favor air shipping them when you were originally told it'd be here 3+ months ago. What a joke. I like the company but this is truly insane

Kinetic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Don't walk... RUN away from a company that makes it sound like they did YOU a favor air shipping them when you were originally told it'd be here 3+ months ago. What a joke. I like the company but this is truly insane

Exactly. They've already lost their profit margin by blah blah blah oh and it's still a month away.

2018NightRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Exactly. They've already lost their profit margin by blah blah blah oh and it's still a month away.

Look. Having been in retail for 20+ years for one of the world's largest retailers I can tell you those things probably have a 400% mark up on them (if not more). If they're trying to tell you that they're losing money in this deal because they air shipped them... they're flat out BSing everyone. Yeah I'm sure they put some good money into the R&D on it that they haven't recouped.. but that's not your responsibility....and honestly... had they shipped them as promised they would've recouped it by now. But again... that falls on them. I was tempted on these last year but I'm very thankful I went another route. Especially to not offer some sort of compensation... they're being way too short-sighted about this and in my opinion if they dont get their act together soon this could very well cost them their reputation and their business.

Joemagnum

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Damn I was really hoping to be able to see. Maybe it may just be worth while to swap out to LED bulbs in my projectors.

@Joemagnum when you were mentioning earlier about quad headlights, do you mean the headlights that came on lower trim rams? Are they easier to modify then the projectors?

2013+ come with projectors. Before that the highest trim levels came with quads ( reflector housing with separate high and low beam bulbs) the lower trim levels came with duals. One bulb for high and low

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigred74

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 and 2017
Engine
5.9L Magnum and 5.7L hemi
Just sitting there pissed that her new lights arent in yet lol

20190329_070140.jpg

jmc0806

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Either this is a cruel tease or maybe they finally have them?

CD8A4F53-9D84-4054-A03A-7245D2FA9E8D.jpeg

Arth

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 3500 Crew Cab Limited 4x4
Engine
6.7 HO Cummins Turbo Diesel

View attachment 160859

I think that is a picture from someone who was part of the first 51. I agree there is an obvious disconnect at TRS if they keep posting about those.

bigred74

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 and 2017
Engine

View attachment 160859
Here's hoping!! But one of the comments said they are taking 2-3 weeks to test them even after they get to the states. So another month here we come. In the mean time...

Was this to harsh? Lol

Screenshot_20190329-115236_Facebook.jpg Screenshot_20190329-115555_Facebook.jpg

Inside Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pent
First thing my dad ever tought me was never purchase anything the first year it came out.

Second was never give somebody your hard earned money and walk away empty handed.

Though I like the lights, I wasn't about to break the rules for them reguardless of how big the company.

In my opinion this is our fault and could have been avoided. Now days, you give somebody an inch we should expect them to take a mile.

I feal bad for you guys and I hope it all works out. Now let's see if we learn our lessen for the next time the latest and greatest comes out.

Last edited:

bigred74

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 and 2017
Engine
Literally there response to somebody posting on their pic... the nerve to answer someone and say well we updated you 17 days ago, no news since apparently

Screenshot_20190329-143421_Facebook.jpg

Sinistre1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Insideman, I couldn't agree with you more if I tried my damnedest! I got a little shade here for pointing out how far we have allowed our expectations, as consumers, to fall. When I tried to point out that at best, Morimoto was being a decent company and doing the right thing, it some how came off as Morimoto bashing. Fact is, that since my post, I doubt I could even stretch it to cover that far (decent and doing the right thing). I absolutely despise being taken for granted or worse, for a sucker. Telling me whatever you think i want to hear or worse yet, whatever you want.. period. That just gets my goat. I got off my soapbox and decided to just watch "The Show", as folks twist themselves in knots to cover up the bad behavior/ business practice and better yet explain how there is something wrong with people that actually have expectations from a $1200 light source. As i'm typing this i'm listening to the Boeing news and thinking guess its the norm. I only make, package, market and sell these items.... how am i responsible for what happens. Lol. I'm guessing if everyone pulled their order... and I certainly would have by now... maybe THAT would light a fire under... or at least provide enough light for them to see their way..

Last edited:

Kinetic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Agreed, as long as they find some who are willing to put up with whatever they say for a certain product, they have little reason to be a better company. Money, or the lack thereof, is the only power that makes people listen and change.

Inside Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pent
Very well said gentleman.

So the way I see it. It's put up or shut up time.

If all these men pulled their orders and Mori had to sit on them all....... well there's two options. Close up shop or find a way to get the market to trust them again.

How Mori wants to go about that is their call and everybody that ordered would have to stick together on it. But I don't see that happening. We haven't stuck together in America for some time now.

So what do you say gents? Keep complaining, or finally doing something about it?

Just how bad do you really want/need the latest and greatest? We have the control to force them to make this right at this point. If not, then I'd be hard pressed to entertain any of the complaints I see on this thread from a company's point of view when at the end of the day, they got what they came for anyways.

Last edited: