Morimoto headlights

Discussion in 'Exterior' started by Dejaclue, Aug 15, 2018.

Sponsored By: BAK Factory Outlet
  1. ToneBoneh

ToneBoneh Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    In Michigan, especially a 10 mile radius from the Warren Trucking Plant all I see are the new 19 Ram Trucks with the DRLs on, looks so sexy.

Kap1 likes this.
  2. JB1

JB1 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Sorry to upset you guys by keeping an open mind. I won’t post in this thread again.

3. RedSRT4Me

RedSRT4Me Senior Member

Ram Year:
    2015 CC Sport
    Engine:
    I really liked this post because it caused me to look into the G5R projector which I knew nothing about. I think after looking at the HIDplanet website im still wanting the mini 5.0 projector swap based on my perceived needs of my truck.

2010 Infantry Vet likes this.
  4. Jrod

Jrod USAF 1997-2008 Military Member

Ram Year:
    2016 Sport
    Engine:
    Without a doubt a huge upgrade from stock quads. I’m sure you’ll be super satisfied with these. My main focus is primarily light output compared to projectors with HID’s.

Kap1 likes this.
  5. Kap1

Kap1 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    He's obviously only speaking for himself and what his own opinion is about the lights as well as your comments. It doesn't reflect opinions of others in this thread.

bigred74 likes this.
  6. Kap1

Kap1 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    To all of you others who are skeptical about these lights and are saying negative things about them even before they are released:

Tell me what other option is there available besides these lights that is not an all single unit easy to install, sealed and won't leak, comes with 5 years warranty, made by a top manufacturer such as Morimoto, doesn't require adding all sorts of ballasts and converters, doesn't require retrofit, and has nice modern looking design with bright and sharp led lights?

Not many options , eh? These new lights may be our best option so far.

Light output? Yes this area is still something we aren't certain about, and it probably won't be as bright as hid lights. So if you're looking for the brightest lights ever, then these lights may not be for you.

Let's keep this thread positive and constructive

bigred74, Buddy and Dejaclue like this.
  7. hunter99

hunter99 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    I have the F150 ones in my wife's truck and they are pretty bright. That being said they are not as bright as HID lights but there is plenty of light for driving around at night. The biggest help is those are really focused with crisp cutoff's.

The one thing I can say is make sure you spend the time to align them. The F150 ones have been coming from the factory way out of alignment. Example is the high beams on both sides were aimed nearly at the front of the truck. Once fixed the highs are pretty bright.

I did notice that they no longer list using Osram chips like they did on the F150 ones in the beginning. I got the first batch and that is what I have. Not sure if that is good or bad for output but I liked the idea of the Osrm chips since they have a really good track record for longevity.

8. bigred74

bigred74 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.9L Magnum
    I too like hearing your input man

9. 2010 Infantry Vet

2010 Infantry Vet Grunt Fab Military Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Jb1 your opinion is always welcome.

moparpeetie likes this.
  10. Buddy

Buddy Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Good to hear an opinion from a current XB line owner to give some real world view.
    As for the led's used, I would personally think Morimoto (Matt) has made a success in the light game with his knowledge now, so if they switched I would hope for a better led. I would imagine the last thing they want to deal with is warranty claims, as these lights have a decent stretch of warranty period.
    Just my thoughts and hopes anyway.