Morimoto headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rwhjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What are the chances for future sets with a more chrome backhousing?

I know these aren’t even out yet but hopefully in the future they offer it.

Chief_6.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
This is interesting

I’m not crazy about that feature, I don’t want my tails, cab lights etc. on all the time.

I asked TRS if you already had DRLs how would they work, waiting on reply.
Let us know what they say...... even if that is the situation I’m still in to buy a set. Just saying Hahahaha

Chief_6.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
What are the chances for future sets with a more chrome backhousing?

I know these aren’t even out yet but hopefully in the future they offer it.
I believe TRS said those are not in the future plans.

pgr1990

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
This is interesting

I’m not crazy about that feature, I don’t want my tails, cab lights etc. on all the time.

I asked TRS if you already had DRLs how would they work, waiting on reply.

I already have the DRLs on my truck enabled by the dealership. I hope they utilized the pin that corresponds with our trucks DRL function (it’s a separate pin than the parking lights) If not, I’ll just fuse tap it, it’s really not difficult.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bchap05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Tempted to pre order. Currently have quads and had a guy who was going to sell me his oem projectors for 450 but then with adaptor I'm halfway to the cost of these. These are my favorite headlights ive seen plus won't look like 90% of other Rams

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I already have the DRLs on my truck enabled by the dealership. I hope they utilized the pin that corresponds with our trucks DRL function (it’s a separate pin than the parking lights) If not, I’ll just fuse tap it, it’s really not difficult.

If yours is enabled what’s the fuse tap for, wouldn’t you just modify the headlight plug since your voltage/signal is already at the harness end?

JoshR104

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Tempted to pre order. Currently have quads and had a guy who was going to sell me his oem projectors for 450 but then with adaptor I'm halfway to the cost of these. These are my favorite headlights ive seen plus won't look like 90% of other Rams

Unless his factory oem projectors were retrofitted and come with HID's then for the cost to output you would be way better off with the morimoto's. I have done two retro fits on factory oem projectors and you are looking at around $350-$400 depending on bulbs you go with for FXR projectors and the harness for HID's. Plus you wont have to worry about any kind of condensation and you get a 5 year warranty with those where as you really only get a warranty on the parts by doing a retrofit. I wish they released these prior to the last set I finished about a month ago as I probably would have saved myself the trouble and went with the morimoto as I have about 1100-1200 ******* in the ones I just did.

20180824_180900.jpg

bchap05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Unless his factory oem projectors were retrofitted and come with HID's then for the cost to output you would be way better off with the morimoto's. I have done two retro fits on factory oem projectors and you are looking at around $350-$400 depending on bulbs you go with for FXR projectors and the harness for HID's. Plus you wont have to worry about any kind of condensation and you get a 5 year warranty with those where as you really only get a warranty on the parts by doing a retrofit. I wish they released these prior to the last set I finished about a month ago as I probably would have saved myself the trouble and went with the morimoto as I have about 1100-1200 ******* in the ones I just did.

View attachment 141699

Thanks for the feedback that definitely makes sense especially if I upgrade them. The ones you did look good too. If I did those I'd probably just stick with them or sell them and upgrade. The thing I like is they are modeled with the 2019 in mind so they should help make the 4th gen a little more modern

JoshR104

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Thanks for the feedback that definitely makes sense especially if I upgrade them. The ones you did look good too. If I did those I'd probably just stick with them or sell them and upgrade. The thing I like is they are modeled with the 2019 in mind so they should help make the 4th gen a little more modern

Yea I might upgrade and sell these the only problem is I did paint to match so they are maximum steel metallic but should look fine on the granite crystal or black. Honestly probably would look fine on some of the lighter models as well. The output of the morimoto's will probably be brighter as its a quad setup vs dual setup especially on low beams where you have 4 projectors. The highs even look more focused as the pods kind of get drowned out by the HID's but do help some.

bchap05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yea I might upgrade and sell these the only problem is I did paint to match so they are maximum steel metallic but should look fine on the granite crystal or black. Honestly probably would look fine on some of the lighter models as well. The output of the morimoto's will probably be brighter as its a quad setup vs dual setup especially on low beams where you have 4 projectors. The highs even look more focused as the pods kind of get drowned out by the HID's but do help some.

Oh nice I also have Max Steel. Love the color the only annoying thing I can never find any take off parts in that color. Been looking for some painted flares forever. There are a million black and white ones.

So my truck came with quads so normally I'd need an adapter to go projector. I assumed I'd need an adapter with these but the listings on retroshop says plug and play all models and lets you choose quads and doesn't mention any add ons. Did these build these to work without an adapter? Anyone know?

JoshR104

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Oh nice I also have Max Steel. Love the color the only annoying thing I can never find any take off parts in that color. Been looking for some painted flares forever. There are a million black and white ones.

So my truck came with quads so normally I'd need an adapter to go projector. I assumed I'd need an adapter with these but the listings on retroshop says plug and play all models and lets you choose quads and doesn't mention any add ons. Did these build these to work without an adapter? Anyone know?

Yea painted parts are a pain for sure been looking for RT or Sport painted grill have found many black and white styles as well... As for the morimoto headlights they are supposed to work with either or you just need to pick which headlights you had from factory and they will work. I assume they have the necessary relays or harness depending on the factory option you had included in the headlight itself so its packed up nice and tight to keep moisture out and all you have to do is plug it in to the factory headlight plug.

bchap05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yea painted parts are a pain for sure been looking for RT or Sport painted grill have found many black and white styles as well... As for the morimoto headlights they are supposed to work with either or you just need to pick which headlights you had from factory and they will work. I assume they have the necessary relays or harness depending on the factory option you had included in the headlight itself so its packed up nice and tight to keep moisture out and all you have to do is plug it in to the factory headlight plug.

Yeah I emailed Retroshop and they responded in like 5 minutes. It's all included for the price

pgr1990

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
If yours is enabled what’s the fuse tap for, wouldn’t you just modify the headlight plug since your voltage/signal is already at the harness end?

If the headlight doesn’t have the pin then it doesn’t have the wire going to the LEDs. So it would have to be tapped from the parking lights to keep them on with ignition

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If the headlight doesn’t have the pin then it doesn’t have the wire going to the LEDs. So it would have to be tapped from the parking lights to keep them on with ignition

I wish you would contact them and ask so we knew ahead of time :)

pgr1990

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I wish you would contact them and ask so we knew ahead of time :)

Already on it! I emailed morimoto directly yesterday.

I wire tapped my recon headlights which were much more difficult because the parking lights are also the turn signals which is the case on our stock projectors. This will be easier to tap because on the morimoto headlights the turn signal is separate from the LED DRL’s