Morimoto headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sinistre1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Turns out my left right adjustment is broken from the factory they just jammed it up against the house to stop it from flopping around that’s why I got the lense burn that they are refusing to warranty.

View attachment 167033

Wait!!!.. Hold up!!! They are refusing to warranty anything related to this travesty of a roll out!??? You've got to be F'ing kidding!!??!?? What are they saying it is the Suns fault.. an errant magnifying lense carrying boy scout?... or have you mistreated lights that you could only have had for nearly a month... at most?
Yeah, that five year warranty is looking pretty suspect right about now... If you guys "got what you paid for.".. it must have been the difference between a street walker and a class A call person... cause you are getting a world class screwing... royally! Following this thread is getting to be downright difficult because I just can't understand the level of complacency.. how so many are so accepting of the treatment they are getting with regards to a $1300 headlight!!! Seriously fellas... AM I missing something? I get that things happen but so many things are happening regarding these and their rear end siblings (tail lights) that it is hard to watch.. and please don't tell me I don't have to watch.. of course I do... like watching a train wreck in slo-mo... You don't really wanna, but you have to. This, plus what "appears" to be happening with the shipping labels... shameful. That they aren't bending over backwards to make ALL the obvious faults right is beyond me. Clearly, the customers don't matter (enough). Short of having a video showing someone setting their lenses on fire, internal damage should be a give me on these things. It's not like they have a stellar track record. Not much of a stretch to think this is a warranty issue and good will would dictate that they eat the cost. Luckily i'm not the CEO there... some people would be having their a$$e$ handed to them. I don't even own these and i'm mad for the stuff that has been going on consistently. It's like watching an entire season made up of ONLY the final episode of Lost.

Last edited:

CumminsFan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wait!!!.. Hold up!!! They are refusing to warranty anything related to this travesty of a roll out!??? You've got to be F'ing kidding!!??!?? What are they saying it is the Suns fault.. an errant magnifying lense carrying boy scout?... or have you mistreated lights that you could only have had for nearly a month... at most?
Yeah, that five year warranty is looking pretty suspect right about now... If you guys "got what you paid for.".. it must have been the difference between a street walker and a class A call person... cause you are getting a world class screwing... royally! Following this thread is getting to be downright difficult because I just can't understand the level of complacency.. how so many are so accepting of the treatment they are getting with regards to a $1300 headlight!!! Seriously fellas... AM I missing something? I get that things happen but so many things are happening regarding these and their rear end siblings (tail lights) that it is hard to watch.. and please don't tell me I don't have to watch.. of course I do... like watching a train wreck in slo-mo... You don't really wanna, but you have to. This, plus what "appears" to be happening with the shipping labels... shameful. That they aren't bending over backwards to make ALL the obvious faults right is beyond me. Clearly, the customers don't matter (enough). Short of having a video showing someone setting their lenses on fire, internal damage should be a give me on these things. It's not like they have a stellar track record. Not much of a stretch to think this is a warranty issue and good will would dictate that they eat the cost. Luckily i'm not the CEO there... some people would be having their a$$e$ handed to them. I don't even own these and i'm mad for the stuff that has been going on consistently. It's like watching an entire season made up of ONLY the final episode of Lost.
Oh I’m not take sorry for an answer I would be returning them but I really love the look they give my truck. I’m confident the company I purchased them from will warranty even if TRS doesn’t if not BBB and other organizations are my next step. Wouldn’t be surprised to see a class action pop up

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Oh I’m not take sorry for an answer I would be returning them but I really love the look they give my truck. I’m confident the company I purchased them from will warranty even if TRS doesn’t if not BBB and other organizations are my next step. Wouldn’t be surprised to see a class action pop up

I hope it works out, TRS owns Morimoto, not sure why they wouldn’t warranty the lights

C6DA553C-79E1-4B15-B08A-477DEF2843DD.png

wvmountaineer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Sport Night
Engine
5.7 hemi

My vendor(Lightwerkz) was great on my return, had a shipping label within hours. Problem was, it shipped direct to TRS and that is where it has been for a month now. I received word my return order was "processed" and still I wait. Seems to instead of taking care of buyers with previous defects, they wanna make the cash first by fulfilling newer orders. Order processed I guess means going to the back of the line again.

I am like you, love the look, even more so after I had a chance to see a set of the Chinese knock offs in person. They look good lights out, but when on, the DRL and Turn signals were not near as bright, and to me at least, the DRL had a greenish tint to them when compared to a vehicle that has OEM DRL.

Reddington

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think the biggest issue they have had is communication. It really is that simple. The lights appear to be doing fine on most vehicle's, with the exception of the 2015's which seems to be where most issues have been for whatever reason.

jmc0806

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think the biggest issue they have had is communication. It really is that simple. The lights appear to be doing fine on most vehicle's, with the exception of the 2015's which seems to be where most issues have been for whatever reason.

Well that's not what I wanted to hear, I have a 2015 lol. My guess is that's because originally they said it was entirely plug and play, but now Morimoto shows that just 2015 models require the canbus resistors, just like they do with the HID relay harness. Luckily I've already got those mounted to my frame from the past, so I can just connect the wiring up

Reddington

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah I have a 2017 and have their fogs and I’m curious whether I even need the resistors for those. Seems to be hit or miss but I may as well leave well enough alone. LOL

wvmountaineer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Sport Night
Engine
5.7 hemi
Yeah I have a 2017 and have their fogs and I’m curious whether I even need the resistors for those. Seems to be hit or miss but I may as well leave well enough alone. LOL

I have a 2017 with the vertical fogs as well. I set the AlphaOBD for led fogs,waited a few minutes to make sure the setting took, and unplugged the resistors, only drivers side would work. Re-plugged the resistors, and both work.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2017 with the vertical fogs as well. I set the AlphaOBD for led fogs,waited a few minutes to make sure the setting took, and unplugged the resistors, only drivers side would work. Re-plugged the resistors, and both work.

Did you try no resistors without setting them to led?

CumminsFan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well that's not what I wanted to hear, I have a 2015 lol. My guess is that's because originally they said it was entirely plug and play, but now Morimoto shows that just 2015 models require the canbus resistors, just like they do with the HID relay harness. Luckily I've already got those mounted to my frame from the past, so I can just connect the wiring up
The lights work fine nothing to do with wiring issues resistors are attached to the rear of the lights so no dangling big bits. My issue is poor quality control this was broke from the factory and adjusted to where the lights wouldn’t flop around and sent out like that. Just a cheap company putting them together worrying about quality and not quality

wvmountaineer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Sport Night
Engine
5.7 hemi
Did you try no resistors without setting them to led?

Come to think, no I didn't. I transferred these over from a 2015 I traded in to a 2017 on day one, and just figured I needed the resistors. Now I have to try that, already set the alpha part back when I re-plugged the resistors. Raining like a cow ******' on a flat rock now, so not gonna happen today.

Reactions: JB1

Ryan kelley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok so my order shipped out of nowhere today after being told another week or two. Makes me feel like there going to send me a pair of defective ones that you guys sent back. Fml

moparpeetie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here’s a video of it! Keep an eye out when you receive yours. If your lenses are pressing up against the black shroud look closer at then.
Wow...what a piece of sheet!! Glad I didn't order. Ridiculous and they won't stand behind them...unreal

jmc0806

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
FedEx just delivered mine. I'm going away for the weekend so I'll have to install them next week but at least I finally have them!

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok so my order shipped out of nowhere today after being told another week or two. Makes me feel like there going to send me a pair of defective ones that you guys sent back. Fml

LOL......now that would suck

You guys that send these back need to write down serial numbers or something.

It does make you think......what will they do with the returns?

BigA1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just saw the video a few pages back showing the inner mechanism loose and flopping. I installed my lights last week but could not get driver side to adjust upward, was way too low, but passenger side was almost perfectly aligned out of the box. Chose to do some more reading about light adjustment issues. Got busy for about 10 days and finally had time to get back to see if I could get it adjusted . Found the driver side up/down mechanism has detached and flops around similar to the video. Bought mine thru Jeremy at Retro Shop. Left message with him to call me but have not heard from him yet. Maybe they took a long holiday weekend. So put old lights back on and will wait to hear from Jeremy.

Joemagnum

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
My passenger side shakes a bit when it’s pointed at a wall but the drivers is still.. the up and down adjustment works on them never tried side to side, is it just the Cummins shaking them a bit or should they be perfectly steady?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WVRam68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mine are dead steady with cummins.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk