Morimoto LED headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BrewCrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7L
Post up the issues yours comes with. If I didnt have retrofits id probably be buying a pair also....but want to save for amp steps.

Hopefully none, but i will keep you posted.

Retro said that if they dont work they will except a return.

Last edited:

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L

And the 4th of July promo code still worked? How is that possible? It’s TRS they always have their 4th of July and Black Friday promo codes expire at midnight on the night the sale ends. I can’t believe it’s still active, I’m betting they see your order and the promo code won’t work anymore after that. I bet someone forgot to remove them after the holiday:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I’m ordering the open box Ram XB taillights right now and the 20% off 4th of July code still works so they are only $220. Almost the same price as most of the crappy eBay taillights! So excited! Thanks to whoever it was a few posts up who mentioned the 4th of July promo codes still working. I’m also ordering all the parts I need to retrofit my V1 AlphaRex lights.

BrewCrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7L
And the 4th of July promo code still worked? How is that possible? It’s TRS they always have their 4th of July and Black Friday promo codes expire at midnight on the night the sale ends. I can’t believe it’s still active, I’m betting they see your order and the promo code won’t work anymore after that. I bet someone forgot to remove them after the holiday:

Yep! $600 was only a little more than the cheaper knockoffs so i had to go for it. The knockoffs are getting bad reviews now for moisture issues...ugh so happy i didnt go that route.

JoshR104

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi

Yea I spoke to them and they said they should be in full working order but then again they also posted a dead LED as one of the reasons so who knows. Mostly its probably broken adjusters that you just need to open up and fix.

Kid's HEMI! !!

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You guys talking so much about it they’re catching on the code doesn’t work for me

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Yep! $600 was only a little more than the cheaper knockoffs so i had to go for it. The knockoffs are getting bad reviews now for moisture issues...ugh so happy i didnt go that route.

Total ********. I have a set, along with a ton of other members and I’ve never seen anyone complain of moisture. Wanna talk issues? Have you seen the Morimoto headlight thread? Lmao those things have issues!!!!

rwhjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Total ********. I have a set, along with a ton of other members and I’ve never seen anyone complain of moisture. Wanna talk issues? Have you seen the Morimoto headlight thread? Lmao those things have issues!!!!

And he bought a returned set....which means......they likely have issues lol

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
And he bought a returned set....which means......they likely have issues lol

Not to mention “$600 is a little more then the cheap knockoffs” ... it’s double what the “cheap knockoffs” cost lmao. The V1 AlphaRex are $290-$300 now, with of course the V2 being $440, but even still, that’s a lot less then $600. Not to mention he bought an open box set which is most likely all of the first wave of these lights that had issues with fitment, wiring issues, projectors being loose inside the housing, led’s flickering, all kinds of issues. But then again... spending $600 on a open box item that was returned because of an obvious defect/flaw is a super smart investment [emoji849][emoji849]

JoshR104

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Not to mention “$600 is a little more then the cheap knockoffs” ... it’s double what the “cheap knockoffs” cost lmao. The V1 AlphaRex are $290-$300 now, with of course the V2 being $440, but even still, that’s a lot less then $600. Not to mention he bought an open box set which is most likely all of the first wave of these lights that had issues with fitment, wiring issues, projectors being loose inside the housing, led’s flickering, all kinds of issues. But then again... spending $600 on a open box item that was returned because of an obvious defect/flaw is a super smart investment [emoji849][emoji849]

Most of them are simple fixes and super easy getting it open compared to permaseal so yea for 600 bucks I bought a pair as well. They refunded and replaced lights from a wire being visible or people being stupid with adjusters. My guess is the alpharex has just as many issues but people arent as super critical of a 300 dollar Ebay light plus you need to spend money on 4 bulb upgrades. We rolled the dice guess we will find out if it was worth the hassle of saving 750 bucks.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Most of them are simple fixes and super easy getting it open compared to permaseal so yea for 600 bucks I bought a pair as well. They refunded and replaced lights from a wire being visible or people being stupid with adjusters. My guess is the alpharex has just as many issues but people arent as super critical of a 300 dollar Ebay light plus you need to spend money on 4 bulb upgrades. We rolled the dice guess we will find out if it was worth the hassle of saving 750 bucks.

Yes it's possible that people are more critical over the morimoto lights due to price, having to wait 8 or so month's to get them and all the hype about them. I would have been too. I have a set of alpharex 2019 style headlights. The only thing I noticed out of the box was where the drl wire goes into the headlights, on both the grommet was pushed in. I believe those who had moisture issue that was their problems. I pointed that out in the alpharex thread. Other than that I think I recall a couple that thought that the horizontal cut-off line was off slightly. But that could be affected by the lower mount (which is adjustable) could be off. Could the price point cause people to be less judgmental of them, sure. But I think most people who spend any amount of money on a product would complain if they were unhappy or found a defect in it. Another thing to take into account is alpharex is a relatively new product to us. So the marketing and popularity isn't what morimoto/TRS has. Morimoto/TRS did a lot of things wrong with these headlights. Opened pre-orders up to soon, not enough testing ( on different year trucks), and rushed production and lack of quality control.

As we all know, the first run (1st generation) if anything will always have something wrong that got overlooked.

I was tempted on the morimoto lights when I first saw them and was going to order them. But when I was reading on the constant delays and poor communication from TRS about what was going on, then all the issues when people were finally getting them I passed. I still wouldn't spend $600 on them. I have about $500 into my customized alpharex headlights that have about the same output as the morimotos do. And couldn't be happier. I have upper and lower switchback drl's ( I didn't want sequential) led low's in the stock projectors and Hi-Lense led highbeam projectors for highs.

But in the end it's each person's money and they spend it how they want.

2018 2500 6.4L Tradesman

BrewCrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7L

They are almost $500 when you add HIDs or LEDs to replace the halogens that come installed from the factory.

I'm happy you don't have any issues with them. I was just going on what the Amazon review were reporting as i don't own a set of them myself.

AlexF88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ive had them installed .
Goods:
They are a lot brighter than the OEM projectors i had before. (Stock bulbs)

Completely changes the look of the truck which is to my liking it really makes it stand out among the other rams

The only bad was the fitting on the driver side didn't line up properly with with the fender. You cant really tell unless you're looking really closely though.

IMG_20190606_145740.jpg

Rick D

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7