Morimoto LED headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Midnight Storm

One Badass Ram
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ive had them installed .
Goods:
They are a lot brighter than the OEM projectors i had before. (Stock bulbs)

Completely changes the look of the truck which is to my liking it really makes it stand out among the other rams

The only bad was the fitting on the driver side didn't line up properly with with the fender. You cant really tell unless you're looking really closely though.

View attachment 174992
Those look great!

OP
OP
txfire

txfire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ive had them installed .
Goods:
They are a lot brighter than the OEM projectors i had before. (Stock bulbs)

Completely changes the look of the truck which is to my liking it really makes it stand out among the other rams

The only bad was the fitting on the driver side didn't line up properly with with the fender. You cant really tell unless you're looking really closely though.

View attachment 174992

Are yours the newly revised models or original release?

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
Speaking as a ******* are you trying to replace the standard lights or projectors, I see these posts and not sure what it was about, must admit I have never looked them up.

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
Thanks, read some more posts and see some pictures now, should do that before I post, I guess I don't that much highway driving at night any more.

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
They are almost $500 when you add HIDs or LEDs to replace the halogens that come installed from the factory.

I'm happy you don't have any issues with them. I was just going on what the Amazon review were reporting as i don't own a set of them myself.

I dunno what your talking about. I paid $290 for my black AlphaRex 2019 style headlights and another $110 for my Morimoto HID kit for the low beams. That’s $400 total. If you want to add in the $30 led high beam bulbs I already had that I installed that’s still only $430.

You keep comparing them with your purchase price of $600 but you are comparing an used, open box returned/broken item to the price of a brand new item. I’ve seen 2 sets of the ModifyStreets for sale on eBay that we’re returns for minor marks on the Lens or I guess the customer didn’t like them, and they were selling buy it now for $220 so if you want to compare open box to open box then you paid 3x the price of the open box AlphaRex.

I’m not going to debate this any longer as the point has been made. I can guarantee you will regret your purchase as you have zero return possibilities aside from DOA. So if you get a set with the projectors all sideways and can’t be aligned, your stuck with them. You get a set and a led burns out in a week, your stuck with them. I get the allure of saving $750 but the risk your taking is not worth it.

There is a reason they are $800 and not $1350. If they were returned and in mint condition then TRS would be asking a lot more then $800. The reason they are $800 is because they most likely have a major issue with them, but in legal terms they are “100% funtional” but that doesn’t mean they won’t have broken tabs, broken adjusters, loose projectors, lens defects, plastic burned from sunlight reflection and much more.

Good luck though, I hope it works out for you, I just don’t see an ending here where you make out on top, because like I said, there is a reason TRS isn’t selling them for $1200 or even $1,000. If they were in such good condition then they wouldn’t be $800.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BrewCrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7L
^^^^^ Eeeek.....someone needs a hug ^^^^^

Don't like em....don't buy em. I don't need a lecture.

Sinistre1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Since when do we need a reason to drink a beer... and rub one out. AkA Chaser with a shot :)

werdna1977

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I dunno what your talking about. I paid $290 for my black AlphaRex 2019 style headlights and another $110 for my Morimoto HID kit for the low beams. That’s $400 total. If you want to add in the $30 led high beam bulbs I already had that I installed that’s still only $430.

You keep comparing them with your purchase price of $600 but you are comparing an used, open box returned/broken item to the price of a brand new item. I’ve seen 2 sets of the ModifyStreets for sale on eBay that we’re returns for minor marks on the Lens or I guess the customer didn’t like them, and they were selling buy it now for $220 so if you want to compare open box to open box then you paid 3x the price of the open box AlphaRex.

I’m not going to debate this any longer as the point has been made. I can guarantee you will regret your purchase as you have zero return possibilities aside from DOA. So if you get a set with the projectors all sideways and can’t be aligned, your stuck with them. You get a set and a led burns out in a week, your stuck with them. I get the allure of saving $750 but the risk your taking is not worth it.

There is a reason they are $800 and not $1350. If they were returned and in mint condition then TRS would be asking a lot more then $800. The reason they are $800 is because they most likely have a major issue with them, but in legal terms they are “100% funtional” but that doesn’t mean they won’t have broken tabs, broken adjusters, loose projectors, lens defects, plastic burned from sunlight reflection and much more.

Good luck though, I hope it works out for you, I just don’t see an ending here where you make out on top, because like I said, there is a reason TRS isn’t selling them for $1200 or even $1,000. If they were in such good condition then they wouldn’t be $800.

Where did you get your alpharex for 290$?

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L

AlphaRex was running a sale during 4th of July, during this time, all of the 3rd party resellers on eBay lowered their prices to match the sale price from AlphaRex. AlphaRex ended the sale on their website around July 7th, but almost all of the eBay resellers have left their prices at $281-$301 (depending on chrome, black or gloss black). The Gloss Black Version 2 (G2) Switchback Smoked DRL Lens version is still $440 everywhere online as far as I can see. During the AR 4th sale these were marked down to $360 if I remember correctly.

Anyways, I ordered mine straight from AlphaRex during the sale and I got the gloss black for $289 shipped. 2 days ago when I was doing my daily eBay browsing, I saw a bunch of AlphaRex sets listed under $300. I also saw the very similar (but slightly different) DTMOTO/OEMassive or whatever brand they are. They are a mash up of the Ram 2013+ OEM Projectors and the AlphaRex 2019 Style Lights and the Morimoto XB Lights. They come in chrome and gloss black, and they have switchbacks in the lower DRL section. I’m pretty sure the reason 99% of the AlphaRex resellers on eBay have dropped their prices to $280-$300 is because these lights were released and are very similar looking and have been priced around $270 since day one, and they have a major advantage over the V1 Alpha Lights because these have switchbacks in them, which a lot of people seek.

I kind of wish I had gotten to 2019/13+ Hybrid lights instead of the AlphaRex lights. Don’t get me wrong, I love my AlphaRex lights, I have zero complaints and would buy them again, but curiosity has gotten to me. I’m wondering what the quality of the newer 2013/2019 hybrid lights is, and I want to know how the projectors perform (I’m going to assume the projectors are horrible, just like every other eBay headlight lol).

I’ll post a few links below to some Alpha lights for around $285 and a link to the DTMoto lights, for around $270, that are a mix between the Alpha lights and the OEM Ram Projectors.

Last edited:

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L

$288.99 - AlphaRex 2019 V1 Style Lights: Matte Black ( https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/132952615557 )
b6e9c0a1c964ce812f7c2066f4c7aeb3.jpg

$285.99 - AlphaRex 2019 V1 Style Lights: Matte Black ( https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/192829396194 )
ecd0a1147111680266a4942552745dcb.jpg

$271.99 - DTMoto Switchback 2019 Style/13‘+ Style “Hybrid” Headlights: Black Housing - A mashup of the AlphaRex 2019 Style mixed with the 2013+ OEM Ram Projectors + Switchbacks in the lower DRL section. ( https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/273943983496 )
f2015b1f6404201c5a036b93f22a24b9.jpg

werdna1977

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
$288.99 - AlphaRex 2019 V1 Style Lights: Matte Black ( https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/132952615557 )
b6e9c0a1c964ce812f7c2066f4c7aeb3.jpg

$285.99 - AlphaRex 2019 V1 Style Lights: Matte Black ( https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/192829396194 )
ecd0a1147111680266a4942552745dcb.jpg

$271.99 - DTMoto Switchback 2019 Style/13‘+ Style “Hybrid” Headlights: Black Housing - A mashup of the AlphaRex 2019 Style mixed with the 2013+ OEM Ram Projectors + Switchbacks in the lower DRL section. ( https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/273943983496 )
f2015b1f6404201c5a036b93f22a24b9.jpg

Thanks for the links. Unfortunately none of these are for stock projectors. I was having a little difficulty finding them for stock projectors except on the alpharex site. I will keep looking though now that i know you got them from alpharex when they went on sale. Id prefer to buy them from them directly

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the links. Unfortunately none of these are for stock projectors. I was having a little difficulty finding them for stock projectors except on the alpharex site. I will keep looking though now that i know you got them from alpharex when they went on sale. Id prefer to buy them from them directly
Its just wiring adapters that are necessary for use with stock projector trucks. Pretty sure you can ask alpha directly for the adapters.

At one point Amazon was selling the lights with adapters as well, not sure what the current price is though.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Of you message AlphaRex on FB or IG and show them a screenshot of your purchase of their lights (even if you bought them via eBay or Amazon from a 3rd party seller) and they will send you the adapter harness for free.

Also, the 3rd link I posted for the DEMo to branded Hybrid switchback headlights on ebay, they are literally for the 13+ OEM Projector models. I know the ad says they are not compatible with the 13+ OEM Projector trucks but the seller doesn't know anything about the Ram trucks because of you look at the photos for the lights, they literally have the 13+ Projector plug built into the housing and you have to plug in an adapter harness to make them work with Quad/Dual trucks. I have no idea why the auctions for those lights say they are only compatible with oem Quad/Dual trucks because you have to use the included adapter harness to make them work on Quad/Dual trucks. The backside of those lights are literally set up identical to the 13+ Projectors housing, from the same exact dust covers, to the same exact plug, and even the bottom DRL section is taken directly from the 13+ projectors.

I guarantee that those DTMoto to lights that are a mix of the Alpha lights + 13+ Projectors will work on 13+ Rams with projectors from the factory.

As for Alpha lights, like I said, email or DM them online and provide proof of purchase and they will ship you the adapter harness you need, for free.

Sent from my KFKAWI using Tapatalk

werdna1977

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Of you message AlphaRex on FB or IG and show them a screenshot of your purchase of their lights (even if you bought them via eBay or Amazon from a 3rd party seller) and they will send you the adapter harness for free.

Also, the 3rd link I posted for the DEMo to branded Hybrid switchback headlights on ebay, they are literally for the 13+ OEM Projector models. I know the ad says they are not compatible with the 13+ OEM Projector trucks but the seller doesn't know anything about the Ram trucks because of you look at the photos for the lights, they literally have the 13+ Projector plug built into the housing and you have to plug in an adapter harness to make them work with Quad/Dual trucks. I have no idea why the auctions for those lights say they are only compatible with oem Quad/Dual trucks because you have to use the included adapter harness to make them work on Quad/Dual trucks. The backside of those lights are literally set up identical to the 13+ Projectors housing, from the same exact dust covers, to the same exact plug, and even the bottom DRL section is taken directly from the 13+ projectors.

I guarantee that those DTMoto to lights that are a mix of the Alpha lights + 13+ Projectors will work on 13+ Rams with projectors from the factory.

As for Alpha lights, like I said, email or DM them online and provide proof of purchase and they will ship you the adapter harness you need, for free.

Sent from my KFKAWI using Tapatalk

Ok perfect! I will be looking into them further now. I think i prefer the look of the alpharex over the dtmoto. Any concerns with the alpharex that you have?

Thanks again

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Ok perfect! I will be looking into them further now. I think i prefer the look of the alpharex over the dtmoto. Any concerns with the alpharex that you have?

Thanks again

No problem

I made this image to compare the adapter harness that TRS sells to swap your Quad/Dual headlights for the OEM Projectors, and the adapter harness that the DTmoto headlights comes with. As you can see, they are almost identical.

DTmotoRamHeadlights1.jpg

Here are images showing the similarities between the back of the OEM Ram Projector Headlight Housing and the back of the DTMoto Headlight Housing. Again, you can see the dust cover is identical, the main plug is identical, almost an exact copy.

13+ OEM Ram Headlight Housing
s-l1600.jpg
DTMoto Headlight Housing
s-l1600 (1).jpg

If these DTmoto headlights were made to fit ONLY the Quad/Dual Ram trucks, then they would have made them from the factory with the Quad/Dual OEM H13 plug and not the 13+ Projector plug, and then waste even more money having to build and include an adapter harness that could be completly avoided if these lights were just for Quad/Dual trucks.

My guess is the ebay sellers are not familiar with the Ram headlights and therefore they are just going off of the adapter harness that is included because it states that the adapter is for the Quad/Dual trucks so im guessing the sellers dont know that if you have a oem projector truck you can just skip that adapter harness and it will work for your truck.

As for the Alpha lights I bought, I love them. Im actually getting ready to open them up next week to install some custom RGBWA switchback boards in the upper and lower DRL spots, aswell as retrofit some real projectors into the low/high beam areas. I will also be painting them with a little bit of color-matched PR4 Flame Red, but only a few small accent spots, as i have the gloss black housings and i like the finish on them currently. I just dont like the chrome projector shroud.

Also i am having custom clear corners 3d printed for me, so i will most likely be the first person with the Alpha Rex lights with clear corner markers installed.

Scottly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HO 6.7 Cummins
These headlight threads have me convinced of something: If I develop a shampoo, hype it up, take 8 months to deliver it after people have already paid for it, then watch as people post about that shampoo giving them warts on their ****.....I'll sell a ton of it. And, keep selling it.....

Some of you guys just don't learn.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Also i am having custom clear corners 3d printed for me, so i will most likely be the first person with the Alpha Rex lights with clear corner markers installed.

Where were you 2 months ago!!!??

Id be interested in purchasing a set, to save for future use (if I ever have to open up my headlights again)