Morimoto LED headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Naw its a high end grill with perfect temp control and only had the side on not over direct heat plus off the slabs. These dont fit in the double wall oven too deep and the 4th set of lights I have done in it with no issues. These are literally simple compared to the permaseal of oems.

Lol cool if it works, it works. I never thought I’d see someone warming their headlights in a grill lmao. And yea I’m aware that these lights use normal Butyl whereas most oem lights use permaseal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah im not sure id ever try a grill. I would assume they have more hot and cold spots than a regular oven so to have an accurate idea of actual temperature inside is harder.

Might not make a difference but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

JoshR104

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Not bad for a hours worth of labor and $750 bucks off just test fitting them now then going to warm them up a bit while I grill some burgers and seal them back tight.

20190805_165156.jpg

20190805_165131.jpg

JoshR104

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Did you activate the DRLs with Alpha or did you do the fuse install?

I had my old lights activated already with Alpha but that was parking lights on havent actually checked to see if the DRLs work normally.

Midnight Storm

One Badass Ram
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I met with a local guy for coffee tonight to return his loaner lights while my OEM we getting beautified..
He has the XB’s and i must say I am very inoressed with the output and cutoff line with them. My 55w GTR HID’s in stock projectors didn’t have the width of them either. Overall mine were as bright but those are pretty sweet and he’s had 0 issues in the 2 months since he got them.

3CAD37A5-753E-426F-B3E5-9B6BB9435458.jpeg
He turned his to DRL mode for the pic and the pic doesn’t do the colours justice as we all know by now

PNUTLT1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yea they told me that if the lights had clear corners in them, that customs could seize them at the docks when the container is being imported because they don’t meet DOT and NHTSA regulations which I just do not believe because first off, there are THOUSANDS of aftermarket headlights with clear corners in them and company’s wouldn’t keep making them if they kept getting seized by customs every time they imported a shipment. There is such a thing as “For Off-Road Use Only” and if you notice, most aftermarket parts for cars have this printed somewhere in the box or paperwork. I’m not sure if that’s some kind of work around for customs or what but AlphaRex also told me that HID kits, LED bulb kits, etc, can be seized at any time by customs when they come through the port during importing because they are not DOT compliant. Which is odd because who is to say the parts are not being installed in race cars or off road only vehicles. I’m not quite sure I believe this excuse.

I find all of that extremely hard to believe because if that was the case, companies like The Retrofit Source would be getting hammered at the port with seizures, most of their XB headlight lineup has clear corners or smoked lenses, etc, and I doubt they would chance having a container seized with 500 pairs of headlights worth $1,800 each inside, aswell as hundreds of other retrofit parts inside the container, just so their headlights can have clear corners in them. If what the AlphaRex employee told me is true, I feel like TRS would have amber markers in all their lights as there is no way a company that big would chance losing an entire container of products just so their lights can have “cool” clear corners.

But then again, I don’t import aftermarket headlights, but I have been actively looking for a reputable headlight manufacturing factory in China for months now that I can partner with and have them build custom headlights that I design, that will be built exclusively for my business. I am also looking for factory’s that can design and build quality LED bulb kits, and again, I would want to have complete control over the design phase, aswell as what parts are used in the products. I haven’t had much luck finding a factory I can trust with sending tens of thousands of dollars without stepping foot inside the factory and seeing how it operates with my own eyes. I guess I will continue my search.

Yes what he says is completely true. If any led bulb, hid bulb, headlight or tail light do not meet DOT standards, then they can get slammed by customs and get destroyed/melted/vaporized/nuked/etc. That is completely true. I work for Spyder Auto and I know this is the case for importing stuff. There are ways around it because my friend imports lights from chinese and taiwan companies with clear reflectors or the all white only turn signal on the 1st gen projector knock offs from a few years ago that I posted about.

Now all these morimoto knock off lights are trash. Some are okay, some better than others, but some are trash. Super cheap leds, resistors and housing materials. Not trying to sell lights here for Spyder, but their actual projector line is pretty decent. Projectors have better R&D in them and better leds and materials now compared to a few years ago.

Also my friend has a 2-3 companies that make him his custom led bulbs and hids. The thing is unless your chinese or are willing to open your own factory, dont waste your time. Even if you spend tens of thousands to make a mold, perfect the light, and get it to where you want it, these chinese ******** will cut corners over time and skimp you out on your product. They figure if they can change this little thing here or there and squeeze a penny or 2 off each set, they figure they're the richest people on earth and will do it. They produce alot so if they save 2 pennies of each light, they'll do it. I see it all the time on all the things he imported. He had the 1st hid lights on the marker to be plug and play on the 15+ rams and then after a while, they stopped working because these chinese factories cut corners and now the HIDs didnt work. And my friend is chinese and he still got burned. He worked with them to make good LED bulbs, and so far those have been great.
Just a FYI

bruce219

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
pentastar
So I ordered a set of the new xb headlights.I have hids now in tyc projectors.One stopped working that's why I went with these.Mine came from factory without projectors but i got the harness and hid setup from morimoto to install the projectors.I am hoping that harness also works for the xb's.I'm assuming to install the xb's I remove ballasts and transistors.I have the alfa to set everything.Any input is appreciated.
P.s I don't think I would ever install hids again

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
So I ordered a set of the new xb headlights.I have hids now in tyc projectors.One stopped working that's why I went with these.Mine came from factory without projectors but i got the harness and hid setup from morimoto to install the projectors.I am hoping that harness also works for the xb's.I'm assuming to install the xb's I remove ballasts and transistors.I have the alfa to set everything.Any input is appreciated.
P.s I don't think I would ever install hids again

The Morimotos come with the halogen > oem projector harness adapters already built into the headlights wiring. If you have a factory halogen truck, you keep the adapter on the housings, if you have a factory projector truck, you remove the adapter.