Morimoto LF701 headlights with projectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Black rhino

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have purchased Morimoto LF701 lead headlights just to find out that they wouldn’t work with OEM projector . Did anyone tried to make those lights work with OEM projector lights?
Morimoto is apparently working on the harness which will work with OEM but as now there is no connection harness.
The Alpharex makes compatible lights with harness for 2019 Ram 3500 but I already have the lights so would like to make it work. Does anyone have any suggestions??
Thank you

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
they wont power on? little more info needed.

OP
OP
Black rhino

Black rhino

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No , Morimoto says that high beams wouldn’t work because the current light produce less heat and Morimoto apparently need some ballaster to absorb the heat produced by high beams‍♀️
Alpharex makes the complete light assembly very similar to Morimoto with special harness I was wondering if I can use harness from Alpharex lights for Morimoto. The car connectors should be the same since is plug and play and connector from harness to Morimoto may be different since is different manufacturer.
I’m not an electrician but I thought it would work on similar principle so maybe just exchange the pig tail on Alpharex harness. Unfortunately Alpharex is not very good with customer support so they barely respond to any question and if they do I don’t think they will share information for connecting competitors lights‍♀️