Morimoto lights yessssss

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

predat-r

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
Still zero issues knock on wood!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Justin33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’m so torn on this I need something better than my quads but am having a hard time justifying 1300. I’ve also been mulling the idea of a full txt retro with the sequential turns that J sells on retro. The xbs have leds in thrm correct where’s if I go txt retro I should get more light with an hid setup?

predat-r

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
Your spending just about the same money for a Retroshop build!

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
This may sound picky but has anyone noticed those XB fogs don’t seem to fit right? It’s such a small thing but the housing always looks off centre and the round part of the housing always seems to be sitting behind the opening. Albeit very slightly to me it doesn’t look proper. I’d love to do a fog upgrade and mod but the XB’s don’t fit true IMO.

As for the LED flickering on videos

https://www.quora.com/Why-do-LED-li...o-a-flicker-when-shooting-them-in-slow-motion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

modstang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Laramie
This may sound picky but has anyone noticed those XB fogs don’t seem to fit right? It’s such a small thing but the housing always looks off centre and the round part of the housing always seems to be sitting behind the opening. Albeit very slightly to me it doesn’t look proper. I’d love to do a fog upgrade and mod but the XB’s don’t fit true IMO.

You’re right, fitment is not great but not horrible. Doesn’t bother me. What’s truly bad, the XB fogs are useless! I went from the factory housing with led bulbs that blinded people but had great light output, to these good looking, useless lights. Save your money and buy something else.

KWG88ss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sounds like the first batch is getting fixed easily and the new batch is having less or no probs. Just read the first few posts of this thread.

This is false. I’m a second batch and I had drivers side warranted, passenger side showed up with all wiring labeled wrong and hooked up incorrect and now my passenger side is dying. .

I get it, spending $1350 on something when there’s problems isn’t fun.

However the reality is the issue rate for reported individuals still sits at over 50% on the poll which should give anyone pause.

Reddington

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I completely disagree about the XB Fogs being useless. I installed mine, aimed them properly, and they are fantastic. I also have the yellow laminex on mine as I live in WNY and yellow helps in snow.

predat-r

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
Bro if u were local I would def do photo shoot with my bike and your truck. All blacked out!6300ef1cc6bc585d8f10bb6e6e111d54.jpg

predat-r

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
Thanks

OP
OP
ryan russell

ryan russell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Bro if u were local I would def do photo shoot with my bike and your truck. All blacked out!6300ef1cc6bc585d8f10bb6e6e111d54.jpg

With my truck?

IBAR72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I completely disagree about the XB Fogs being useless. I installed mine, aimed them properly, and they are fantastic. I also have the yellow laminex on mine as I live in WNY and yellow helps in snow.
I second on the XB Fog lights, if you position them correctly they produce very good lighting. For anyone that is on the fence of buying the XB headlights and fog lights just do it and you won't regret it. Pictures do not give the lights justice. In person they are worth the money and turns every ram owners head :)

JoshR104

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I’m so torn on this I need something better than my quads but am having a hard time justifying 1300. I’ve also been mulling the idea of a full txt retro with the sequential turns that J sells on retro. The xbs have leds in thrm correct where’s if I go txt retro I should get more light with an hid setup?

HIDs in a true HID projector will definitely be brighter as you can go with CBB headlights that will put up 100 more lux than the standard XB35 HID that is still better than LED projectors on the XB lights. Granted not like night and day better but still more output. I have retrofitted D2S projectors running the 50w ballast and XB50 bulbs and have thought about getting a pair of the XB lights because I love the look of them.

The XB's even with all their issues will probably in a year or so be much more reliable than a HID retrofit. I have had a harness, two ballast and a relay go bad on mine in the collective 2+ years they were on my 1500 then my 2500.

KWG88ss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The XB's even with all their issues will probably in a year or so be much more reliable than a HID retrofit. I have had a harness, two ballast and a relay go bad on mine in the collective 2+ years they were on my 1500 then my 2500.

Unfortunately this might also be true. I’m thinking about selling my XB’s for some OEM projectors at this point. Will be better than my stock quads at least from a looks perspective.

Justin33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Unfortunately this might also be true. I’m thinking about selling my XB’s for some OEM projectors at this point. Will be better than my stock quads at least from a looks perspective.

This is what I am trying to figure out at this point as the quads suck I’ve been talking to retroshop about doing the c bar and halos as switchbacks and the sequential turns as no one in this state would have that setup along with the fxr retrofit but you start talking big money if I go that route. In my head hid beats led still at this point but the xb cutoff does look decent.

predat-r

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
Its sexy......... just do it lol.