Morimoto XB headlight issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mukman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I installed the Morimoto XB’s on my 2020 Bighorn. The installation was straightforward, the fit and finish was great and the truck looks great with them - and light output is fantastic.

The issue is this: when the engine isn’t running, the lights perform correctly in each headlight switch position (auto, on, DRL, and off). When the engine is running however, the headlights are always on, even in off. DRL’s are on all the time as well, but that’s the correct operation. This happens during the brightness of day.

I thought it might be the light sensor, but that wouldn’t explain why they function properly with the engine not running. I am now not sure if the issue is on the truck side or the headlight side. Might be the switch, might be the headlight relay - but if so, why do they function properly when the engine isn’t running? I have replaced the DRL harness from Morimoto, but no joy. So far all I’ve gotten from Morimoto is “meh, not sure”. Before I get serious with them (I’m sure they’ll say it’s on the truck side, and they may be right) I thought I’d put it out onto this forum and see if any of you might have some ideas. Thanks!

Keith

PS: tried to upload videos, but couldn’t figure out how....sorry

Red Quin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Any update to your situation? I just had these headlights installed and I'm having the EXACT same issue as you described. ‍♂️

ramffml

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Did you guys turn off your DRL in Uconnect?

Red Quin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Turned my truck on this morning and it's working perfectly

Weird.

Just checked the DRL settings. Mine is on.

Last edited:

ramffml

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
My morimoto's would blink headlights on/off for a few seconds when starting truck until I turned off DRLs in Uconnect. Chances are yours all need to be off to have everything working correctly too.