Morimoto XB LED Headlights INSTALLED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bruce219

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
pentastar
I got rid of the fuse tap for the drl,they worked fine with it but if your stopped and parked and want to listen to radio drl are on,as soon as ignition is on drl is on.Another thing was when I remote start the truck and turn it off via remote start the drl would stay on until I walked out to truck and opened the door.I bought the pigtails for factory drl off Mpgrimm2 and installed them and now drl work like factory,only when truck is in gear and parking brake off.No problems with remote start now either.Very easy install and all codes added with alfaobd.Just like to thank @Mpgrimm2 @1500ram12 @Jimmy07 for all the great info and making this very easy.

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
For that kind of money..do not need ANY issues...Manufacturers untilyou fix ALL the issues you
can keep that garbage !

KWG88ss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
For that kind of money..do not need ANY issues...Manufacturers untilyou fix ALL the issues you
can keep that garbage !

Second iteration ones have been flawless for me, First? DUMPSTER FIRE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LPMASON27612

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I just installed a set today and ABSOLUTELY love them. Zero problems. Can't say enough good things about them. Also got the fog lights and the tail lights will be delivered tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMG_4767 3.jpg
    IMG_4767 3.jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 21

Rotciv

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I got rid of the fuse tap for the drl,they worked fine with it but if your stopped and parked and want to listen to radio drl are on,as soon as ignition is on drl is on.Another thing was when I remote start the truck and turn it off via remote start the drl would stay on until I walked out to truck and opened the door.I bought the pigtails for factory drl off Mpgrimm2 and installed them and now drl work like factory,only when truck is in gear and parking brake off.No problems with remote start now either.Very easy install and all codes added with alfaobd.Just like to thank @Mpgrimm2 @1500ram12 @Jimmy07 for all the great info and making this very easy.
I've recently got my Morimoto XB Headlights and I'm wanting to know more about the DRL pigtail harness. Is this a custom order that has to be requested?

bruce219

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
pentastar
You can order the two wires for it off Mpgrimm2,its very simple to do.Not sure what trim level your truck is as mine was an express and it didn't have them.The wires come labeled and with proper connectors,not expensive,$20-$30 range.

Rotciv

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
You can order the two wires for it off Mpgrimm2,its very simple to do.Not sure what trim level your truck is as mine was an express and it didn't have them.The wires come labeled and with proper connectors,not expensive,$20-$30 range.
Mine is the Lonestar trim level with factory halogen reflectors. Sounds good.

Frank Lee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
3 years ago @cbaone had the exact same issue and never reported back :/ everything works hunky dorey. drl, sequential, and headlights all work as expected. until I start the engine... and then I get a single led for a blinker on both driver and passenger sides. currently have the green wire connected to have functional blinkers.

I've been through most of the pages on this thread hoping to find someone with a similar issue to me. Sequential not working.

I have a 2016 Ram 1500, I upgraded my factory reflectors with the Morimoto XB LED Headlights and installation was easy. I checked to make sure everything worked as expected before bolting the lights back in. I checked it all with truck on and off, auto headlights, fogs, etc. Everything was working as expected, but then after taking a quick drive to the store, I got home and went out to show my boys the upgrade and now just a single small section of the turn signal is working. Does anyone have a clue why?

So, I went out to test some more... It works with the key in "Run", but when the engine is on, it stops working and only one led will blink. Weird.

Raymond Jahnsen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
3 years ago @cbaone had the exact same issue and never reported back :/ everything works hunky dorey. drl, sequential, and headlights all work as expected. until I start the engine... and then I get a single led for a blinker on both driver and passenger sides. currently have the green wire connected to have functional blinkers.
Frank did you ever find a fix to this issue? I bought some used XB’s and am having the same problem.