Morimoto xb tails

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BEAST19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So they finally arrived ! 4 months later . I ordered Jan 29 and they came 4/28! Hooked up and they looked like this ... however once I started the truck to check the reverse lights , I found out the reverse lights didn’t work and the passenger side light stopped working as a tail light and reverse light ..drivers side functions as it should . Both turn signals work as well as brake light. Needless to say I’m a bit irritated but almost expected something to go wrong as the whole wait time was a hassle why wouldn’t the install be as well.....probably will be going thru a bunch. Of hassle to get this rectified . Sent retrofit source a Facebook message as they aren’t open on weekend I probably will have to fall Monday. Please reply with your experience if you have one regarding these. tails . 77054457bcef7c131e3c3998b72142c0.jpg3037c361315564412affdae8bdb1141c.jpg23066672101d25429327babc1b5be87b.jpgad8ce30951b0a196785b3ddf8cd06e62.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rwhjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Their headlights look nice. Not so much a fan of the tail lights. Way too much going on IMO.

Sad to see the tails appear to have been released before enough testing as well and now you’ll have to work thru it. Hope you get squared away though.

Do they bulge out and throw off the lines of the corner of the truck or is it just the pics making it look like that?

OP
OP
BEAST19

BEAST19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Their headlights look nice. Not so much a fan of the tail lights. Way too much going on IMO.

Sad to see the tails appear to have been released before enough testing as well and now you’ll have to work thru it. Hope you get squared away though.

Do they bulge out and throw off the lines of the corner of the truck or is it just the pics making it look like that?

No they don’t bulge out they fit and line up nicely .

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
well you wanted custom and you got all the rest that comes with it problems nothing like OEM products

bigred74

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 and 2017
Engine
5.9L Magnum and 5.7L hemi
Well I ordered mine last Nov from the retrofit Source and still waiting. When headlights shipped out I was told mine wouldnt ship because I had ordered tails and heads. Finally last mon I got news that tails had arrived and that my order would be shipped out, come wed I called again and they said testing had just finished and shipping out that day. Come Friday I still had no email so around noon I called them and they said mine should ship out that day because they were shipping based on order time which they said I would be towards top of the list since I ordered in Nov. Now sat and still no email and no lights have arrived. Guess I'm calling again on Monday since I ordered 2 months prior to OP and have still not received any of my order

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do you have any bulb out messages?

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
sometimes when they just refuse to work its sensing a bulb out, I was hoping these would work right out of the box

OP
OP
BEAST19

BEAST19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
sometimes when they just refuse to work its sensing a bulb out, I was hoping these would work right out of the box

Ugh me too and they did til I shifted to reverse and that was the end of it. Lol

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
@BEAST19 truck looks great!!

On my tails I get a right rear turn signal out and hyper flash only when the led headlights are on. If the headlights are off everything is fine. Since the tails worked perfectly for almost a year I’m leaning towards my 3rd brake light being a culprit but they don’t make these circuits easy to diagnose

OP
OP
BEAST19

BEAST19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@BEAST19 truck looks great!!

On my tails I get a right rear turn signal out and hyper flash only when the led headlights are on. If the headlights are off everything is fine. Since the tails worked perfectly for almost a year I’m leaning towards my 3rd brake light being a culprit but they don’t make these circuits easy to diagnose

That’s weird .... could be a third. Take light issue for you . Have u tried a stock one ? Mine is aftermarket but weird how they worked until I went in reverse . I don’t think that’s my issue. I’ll see what they say. There’s no way I installed them wrong ... so easy a caveman could do it . I think the connector is bad or the module went for running lights and reverse.

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
My point was when my headlights are on since they are led it triggers something in the turn signal circuit. My tails and 3rd brake lights are aftermarket leds. I’m hoping they know what the problem is for your sake but I wanted to mention sometimes the problem lies where you wouldn’t think. So keep the variables in mind. Were the headlights on when you shifted into reverse? Obviously the brake lights where on, that’s a given.

Did you unplug the lights and did they work after you plugged them back in? Or did the reverse totally kill the whole taillight?

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
My point was when my headlights are on since they are led it triggers something in the turn signal circuit. My tails and 3rd brake lights are aftermarket leds. I’m hoping they know what the problem is for your sake but I wanted to mention sometimes the problem lies where you wouldn’t think. So keep the variables in mind. Were the headlights on when you shifted into reverse? Obviously the brake lights where on, that’s a given.

Did you unplug the lights and did they work after you plugged them back in? Or did the reverse totally kill the whole taillight?

I can confirm what your saying. I went through the same thing with my stock brake light and now smoked aftermarket brake light. Causes similar problems and I don't have the headlights or tails

OP
OP
BEAST19

BEAST19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Yea anything led is finicky with these trucks I’ve learned . Retrofitted s couple headlights over the years ..... I can’t remember if the headlights were on or not . I don’t think so ..... as it was daylight and I don’t run it on auto ....

I had the truck running to put it in reverse ... all was normal as i put parking lights on while truck was running and then put it in reverse and put the emergency brake on .so I could go back and look at the reverse lights ... that’s when I saw it (reverse light and side marker lights )blink a couple times slowly and intermittent , and then stopped working all. Together.

I figured a plug wasn’t plugged in all the way or something ... took off and reconnected all plugs and to no avail they don’t even blink anymore. The turn and brake lights do work tho.

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Yea anything led is finicky with these trucks I’ve learned . Retrofitted s couple headlights over the years ..... I can’t remember if the headlights were on or not . I don’t think so ..... as it was daylight and I don’t run it on auto ....

I had the truck running to put it in reverse ... all was normal as i put parking lights on while truck was running and then put it in reverse and put the emergency brake on .so I could go back and look at the reverse lights ... that’s when I saw it (reverse light and side marker lights )blink a couple times slowly and intermittent , and then stopped working all. Together.

I figured a plug wasn’t plugged in all the way or something ... took off and reconnected all plugs and to no avail they don’t even blink anymore. The turn and brake lights do work tho.

Oh ok so it didn’t wipe out the whole light. Just the reverse. Did you try switching sides? Drivers side to passenger just to test I know they won’t mount but the plugs are the same

OP
OP
BEAST19

BEAST19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Oh ok so it didn’t wipe out the whole light. Just the reverse. Did you try switching sides? Drivers side to passenger just to test I know they won’t mount but the plugs are the same

I’ll try that Friday when I get back home ... but I just went out after driving truck today without parking lights or headlights and turned on headlights drive 50miles lights were working when I left my driveway but when I got to my destination same thing.... no parking lights or reverse. Something with canbus. I wonder if I swap to a oem third brake light. ( btw I’m running morimoto hid headlight projectors

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
I’ll try that Friday when I get back home ... but I just went out after driving truck today without parking lights or headlights and turned on headlights drive 50miles lights were working when I left my driveway but when I got to my destination same thing.... no parking lights or reverse. Something with canbus. I wonder if I swap to a oem third brake light. ( btw I’m running morimoto hid headlight projectors

Strange, once you find the problem you should be able to recreate it on demand that should help them trouble shoot your issue. It’s weird your not getting lamp out errors though that means the computer is not effected by them

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lasse452