Morimoto xb tails

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KWG88ss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My right reverse light goes out allllll the time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigred74

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 and 2017
Engine
5.9L Magnum and 5.7L hemi
My right reverse light goes out allllll the time

yep same. have had nothing but issues with my reverse light and running lights

HTXRamExp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's odd how varied the experiences with these are. I had a set on my 19 Classic (incandescent lights) and had no issues with them functioning.

Will be posting them for sale only because I went to 5th gen tail lights.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's odd how varied the experiences with these are. I had a set on my 19 Classic (incandescent lights) and had no issues with them functioning.

Will be posting them for sale only because I went to 5th gen tail lights.

Not trying to derail the thread, but I put the 5th gen tails on my truck a few weeks ago and last night was the first time I got to see it from far away in a parking lot.....those taillights look *spectacular* on our trucks, IMHO.

Ram831

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I have been having problems with my morimoto xb passenger reverse light flickering on and off on my 2017 Ram 1500 with factory halogen lights. I took it in to my local shop today and they diagnosed the problem fairly quickly they tried a capacitor, resistor and something else, but in the end They ended up wiring the light into the trailer wiring and it works perfectly.

Sinistre1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not trying to derail the thread, but I put the 5th gen tails on my truck a few weeks ago and last night was the first time I got to see it from far away in a parking lot.....those taillights look *spectacular* on our trucks, IMHO.

I soooooo absolutely agree. The hands down best design features of the fifth gens are the lights both front and rear. The interior a somewhat distant second but every time I see the tails lit up on a fifth gen.... it's like the day I saw my first 4th gen truck in person. Gobsmacked. Bright, beautiful and sexy as all get up... them there's marrying lights! Lol

LPMASON27612

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
So I have been having problems with my morimoto xb passenger reverse light flickering on and off on my 2017 Ram 1500 with factory halogen lights. I took it in to my local shop today and they diagnosed the problem fairly quickly they tried a capacitor, resistor and something else, but in the end They ended up wiring the light into the trailer wiring and it works perfectly.
I just saw your response. Is your right tail light still working? If so, any additional information about how they wired the light into the trailer wiring?

ignitros

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l Hemi
I'm having the same problem with the passenger side parking light not working and getting the parking light out code on the dash. Everything else works fine other than the running light part of the passenger side tail light. Brake and signal work.... I need to check the reverse light. I can disconnect the Morimoto and connect the factory light and everything works fine.... then swap back to the Morimoto and it all works for s short time then stops working again.

I have a 2018 Ram 1500 Sport with the factory LED tails. I didn't realize it had LED's when I purchased. I just entered my truck info in and it said they would fit and it was plug and play which it was but then I saw on their website that they aren't compatible with factory LED tails. At least I'm well within the return window if I need to make a return.

ignitros

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l Hemi
For today I was running my lights in the off position since the parking lights were the only things not working just to keep them less distracting to other drivers with one light on and one off. I noticed that the parking lights work fine when the light switch is in the ON position. I ran a small experiment by putting the lights to the AUTO position and guess what... the passenger one turned off and I got the parking light out notice. I put the lights to OFF and turned off the truck.... started back up and switched the lights to ON and everything works fine again. It seems to only have issues in the AUTO position.

Can anyone else confirm this behavior?

Last edited:

Ram831

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just saw your response. Is your right tail light still working? If so, any additional information about how they wired the light into the trailer wiring?
Not sure how they wired it but I changed tail lights to the new 5th gen style.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedFlameRam