Most Mods?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

incupunk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Yes I am counting all the accessories mud flaps, truck bed cover etc right anything you added yourself that didn't come with the truck when you bought it. If you bought a truck all tricked out from the dealer than you didn't modify anything because you bought it that way.

I bought an Express because I didn't want to spend $45+ on a truck to get everything I wanted. Instead I got just enough to get started and then have added things from there will probably be into to for only $5 to $6k when done which is far less than I would have paid.

I just added the premium cluster this weekend (love it) and will be installing the premium leather wood trim heated steering wheel soon which I got months ago soon. I probably have less than 10 things I want to add at this point but they are the most expensive ones so it will be a little bit before I get to them all!

As a fellow Express owner, I'd love to actually see a mod list. I had the same idea, got my Express for a steal and then bought mods/addons as I wanted them for far cheaper than a higher trim pkg.

mjf6175

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins

Last edited:
OP
OP
NapaRam

NapaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
As a fellow Express owner, I'd love to actually see a mod list. I had the same idea, got my Express for a steal and then bought mods/addons as I wanted them for far cheaper than a higher trim pkg.

Great to hear! As far a "real" mods go to an Express meaning OEM parts not with that trim leve (versus accessories you an add to any truck) l I would say in this order 1] Fold flat floor (super useful) 2] Dash Cluster 3] Steering Wheel with Audio controls 4] 8.4 Radio for accessories 1] Taligate Assist 2] Flush Mount Bully stake pocket anchors 3] Bed Cover 4] Running Boards (I got Steelcraft SX-600 really like them) I've added a lot more stuff than that but I think it's a good place to start!

tomb

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 bighorn-cherry red
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I guess its not so much of a mod-but it does modify the appearance and my buds always know its me on the road instead of waving at strangers and realizing it wasn't your buddy,s truck!! Besides I just figured out how to download a pic.. But I wont be filling this site with my 2012-and those pics were from a couple weeks ago-truck is still mint-only 62,000 kilometers. I love the new ones too-especially upper trim interiors--but my 12 still feels like a new truck for me and a much nicer ride than the f-150 I had before it. When the day comes I will splash out for the new 2025 RAM!!!

tomb

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 bighorn-cherry red
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Just realized I left my plates uncovered - apparently a no-no. That's why I have ins. I guess and a valid FAC. Lol!!

tomb

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 bighorn-cherry red
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I forgot to mention-if you want to put stripes etc-please do not order any kits or decals from e-bay. Those can and will harm the paint and forget about trying to remove them without using brutal chemicals and stripping tools that would leave you crying. Use what they use on the new vettes-camaros -and probably the sport hoods on Ram.. Its 3M 1080p. I replaced a stripe this year after 3yrs because I wasn't happy with a slight gap dif. Hairdryer on low and came off in one pc. Get it done by an experienced tech. Its not as easy as it may look and prep work is essential. The look is certainly not for everyone-but I have always loved the mopar look. Google rally stripes on dodge ram-that's what gave me the itch!

OP
OP
NapaRam

NapaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
Hey guys what "trim" level would you call your rig after adding yours mods to it? Since my started out as an Express and I have added mods from three different trim levels I think mine would be an Exhornamie lol!

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I did all kinds of mods from more expensive models on my 2014 but all said and done it was still an Express. This time I started with a Sport w/ luxury pkg so I got a pretty good start even if they are not considered mods now.

Lyle Longboat

2011 Ram 1500 5.7 Sport CC
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
F6C8BC5E-038D-494D-A155-530D2B27E297.gif I’ll
Is there a thread somewhere with a posting the total number of mods people have done? Not a list of them just a number is all. I just hit 30 in less than 18 months and am wondering where that ranks. Low end? Middle? My guess is maybe in the middle as I imagine some guys are over 50.

Just curious to see how bad my addiction is compared to others. Do I need to slow down or speed up my moding lol!! :)
Never done bud!
When you think your done and see someone else truck!

Steve Cloud

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Husky floor liners
Better Built Tool Box
New Nitto Ridge Grappler Tires
Replaced fog lights
Replaced factory subwoofer with Pioneer sub
Replaced a broken dash vent
Programmed a new key
Upgraded wiper blades
Window tint/brow
Havoc steps
led light change on the interior
New stubby antenna
Dee Zee tailgate assist

So, 13 at this point...

Last edited:

GordDavey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hmmm... lots of "mods" that we did while rebuilding my truck we bought from an insurance write-off... was a 2015 CC 6'4" Tradesman edition. I got to cheat and almost everything came from auto wreckers at employee pricing... so we went for the moon.

Mod List: (Completed)
Front bumper with fog lights and tow hooks (2 mods ?)
Sport Hood with under-hood light (2 mods ?)
7" Prem Cluster (1)
8.4 Touchscreen with Nav (1)
Dualzone HVAC Bezel, with Auto Temp (2 mods? but still need to do the heater box)
10/6 Heat/Vent driver and pass seats in black Laramie leather with memory (1)
Full Center console with new main bezel (1 mod)
Black Leather rear 60/40 seats with armrest (1)
Aftermarket seat heating kit for the back seats (1)
Overhead Console with homelink and rear slider window switch (1)
Rear Sliding Window (1)
Weather-Tech floor mats (1?)
Added extra dome light (headline had hole in middle, so added one with on/off at the back) (1)
Switched dome lights to LED bulbs(1)
Switched overhead console lights to LED bulbs(1)
Switched CHMSL brake/cargo lights to LED bulb) (1)
Switched license plate lamps to LED bulbs (1)
Added Upper Glove box with light and door that says "Laramie" like the seats do. (1)
Sun-visors with mirrors and lights, both sides (1)
Rear View Mirror with auto dim and microphones (1)
Heated leather steering wheel (1)
Door panels front/back with leather and lighting (1)
CD player in console (1)
Dual USB in front and back of center console (2 cause I bought 2 ?)
Side Mirrors in chrome with power fold, puddle lights, signals and memory (1)
Side steps - 5" oval (1)
Backflip G2 hard Tonneau cover (1)
Switched to dual exhaust (1)
Rear bumper with dual exhaust cut-outs and parking sensors (2)
Backup Camera (1)
Shorty 13" antenna (1)
3 x "Support Our Troops" decals. (1 if we are counting decals?) (1)
Center Dash Lamp Sensor switch to a 4 pin one with sun sensors (1)
Humidity Sensor (1)
Remote Start (1)
EGR in-channel Window Visors (1)

Mods still left to do (have the parts, just need the time to wire them in)
Full Alpine Amp and all 10 speakers (have the door/headliner harnesses to make it easier) (1)
Adjustable pedals (1)
Chrome interior door handles. (1)
Putco Chrome Mirror covers (to coverup damage on one mirror cover) (1)
Husky Mud Guards (1)

So... 41 (depending on how you count them) with 5 still to do. I think that's everything... wow I never wrote it all down before.

We call her "Frankie" because we brought her back from the dead and rebuilt her with parts from ~11 trucks. I want to get some sort of Chrome/Black nameplate made "Frankenstein Edition"

She started out as a base model tradesman looking like PIC1 and now looks like PIC 2

IMG_0249.jpg

IMG_2322 - No Plate.jpg

Last edited: