Mothers on chrome covering on the bumper? Rescuing rusting tips?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GoatRider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 4.7
I’ve been told that the chrome bumpers are just like a film or tape over steel, would using Mother’s chrome polish harm this covering or should I stick to soap’n’water for them?
Also the chrome tips on my exhaust have begun rusting, they’re only three years old [emoji50] any way to save them or should I just cut my losses and replace them?

2013 Ram
4.7L v8
K&N filter
Flowmaster 40
IG- the_sneauxman

tjfdesmo

Reaction score
I don't know on this newer stuff, but the old timers used to use a crumpled up piece of aluminum foil to remove corrosion from chrome.

OP
OP
GoatRider

GoatRider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 4.7
I don't know on this newer stuff, but the old timers used to use a crumpled up piece of aluminum foil to remove corrosion from chrome.

I’ll give that a try on the underside of the pipe
If it makes it worse then I won’t be able to see it [emoji3]

2013 Ram
4.7L v8
K&N filter
Flowmaster 40
IG- the_sneauxman

Kinetic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i would really hope it isn't just tape over steel and is actual chrome dipped steel. But anyway, any chrome polish will work fine, and will probably help with the rust if it isn't too far gone.

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It's real chrome, but it's not anything like the good old chrome bumpers from the past!!!!