Mountain Brown/Frost Beige two tone interior. Do you love it or hate it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I'm not really a fan of lighter colored seats either. Especially the seating surfaces. Black is and has always been my favorite color for interiors. Even when I lived in AZ. That's what window tint and remote start are for LOL. The only problem with dark colored interiors is they show dust. But that just makes me use the dash duster more often, which isn't a bad thing.

LouM

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Ecodiesel crewcab old/ now 2019 Laramie Hemi
Engine
eco diesel old / now Hemi missing the eco's mileage
The black interiors show dust dirt and mud as fast or faster then the lighter colored interiors do.
Heck for a working truck almost need to go back with a vinyl seat, I have light colored seat protectors on my light colored seats.

OP
OP
davalt75

davalt75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
The thought has definitely occurred to me that the light color may show dirt easier but leather is usually much easier to clean than cloth. The seats in my last truck were a light gray cloth and I didn't really have any trouble keeping them clean. I am a little worried what the suede on the seats and door panels will look like in a couple of years.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
The black interiors show dust dirt and mud as fast or faster then the lighter colored interiors do.
Heck for a working truck almost need to go back with a vinyl seat, I have light colored seat protectors on my light colored seats.
That's true. But there is a difference between dust or dirt and grime. Dust and dirt are easy to clean. Grime is tougher. It really depends on what you are doing when using your truck. I'm often working on other vehicles or equipment on the weekends. And it usually requires a trip or two to the hardware store, auto parts store, landfill, etc. And I don't usually have time to wash up much before getting into my truck, so there is usually residual grease, oil, or who knows what on my hands and clothing. Those substances can transfer to interior surfaces and are often more difficult to clean up. And then there are the lighter colored seat belts that usually come with the lighter colored seats. Light colored seat belts can get pretty nasty looking. I know that grime is there in my black interior, but since it's black I can't see it LOL.

JayLeonard

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 L Cummins
IMG_2310.JPG Mine are black and light mountain brown and they look really, really good. I haven't had the truck long enough to get them dirty so I can't comment on the cleaning aspect.
But it sure dresses up the interior.

Last edited:
OP
OP
davalt75

davalt75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I've seen pictures of the black and mountain brown. That looks really sharp. I don't think that color combo is an option with the Laramie trim is it?

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
5.7 Hemi Big Horn, 6.4L Hemi 3500 Longhorn Mega cab
I like the frost/brown interior combo....
I also love my Longhorn interior9c5fa548cf9f7127dac55938446a5d23.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
i was looking forward to a 75'th powerwagon with black/brown but couldn't find one in the right body color.i doesn't look right in a red,silver or other light color truck in my opinion.i do like the combo though.i ended up with pearl red/black.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I like the frost/brown interior combo....
I also love my Longhorn interior9c5fa548cf9f7127dac55938446a5d23.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
That's the color I would have gotten if I could have ordered a Longhorn without a chrome grille and badges. I think it's a great color combination. My Limited has all black interior, and I like it. It just doesn't pop like yours does. I also don't think that interior will show grime like lighter colors do. I'd be interested to see what it looks like in 5 years.

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
That's the color I would have gotten if I could have ordered a Longhorn without a chrome grille and badges. I think it's a great color combination. My Limited has all black interior, and I like it. It just doesn't pop like yours does. I also don't think that interior will show grime like lighter colors do. I'd be interested to see what it looks like in 5 years.

I keep it clean & still looks new.

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
a Longhorn without a chrome grille and badges.

I'm still thinking about taking the Top/brow piece, the two side pieces and the bottom grill surround, removing the chrome and getting color matched pieces to replace the chrome and do the same with the RAM emblem. The badges and stuff can stay, just reduce the heavy chrome appearance on the front...

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Agreed, love the cattle tan and black. Would have gotten it again if I didn't opt for the mountain brown anniversary package this time.

If you want to see about 5 years old on that interior, here's the link to my 2017 now for sale from autonation:

https://www.autonation.com/cars/1C6RR7PT9HS746749

I think it held up pretty well, we put it through a decent amount with maybe average upkeep. Think I'm going to have to be more careful with the suede/leather interior of my new one though.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I'm still thinking about taking the Top/brow piece, the two side pieces and the bottom grill surround, removing the chrome and getting color matched pieces to replace the chrome and do the same with the RAM emblem. The badges and stuff can stay, just reduce the heavy chrome appearance on the front...

I'm extremely happy with the white/black stormtrooper look my Limited has. It would have taken too much work top convert a Longhorn to that look. Black interior is my second choice, so I'm very happy with my Limited.

Agreed, love the cattle tan and black. Would have gotten it again if I didn't opt for the mountain brown anniversary package this time.

If you want to see about 5 years old on that interior, here's the link to my 2017 now for sale from autonation:

https://www.autonation.com/cars/1C6RR7PT9HS746749

I think it held up pretty well, we put it through a decent amount with maybe average upkeep. Think I'm going to have to be more careful with the suede/leather interior of my new one though.
Your '17 looks like it held up great.

Is it really suede in your new truck, or is it alcantara? I had alcantara in a 2004 GTO, and it was pretty easy to maintain.

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
I'm extremely happy with the white/black stormtrooper look my Limited has. It would have taken too much work top convert a Longhorn to that look. Black interior is my second choice, so I'm very happy with my Limited.

There would only be 4 pieces to change out, the upper valance is I think 4 bolts to remove and a couple of push pins, the trim pieces under the headlights just pop off and the lower valance would be a bit more work to get off, but not terrible. Those four pieces are just expensive....

Last edited:

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Your '17 looks like it held up great.

Is it really suede in your new truck, or is it alcantara? I had alcantara in a 2004 GTO, and it was pretty easy to maintain.

Thanks, I was pretty happy with it. And to be honest I have no idea, it's whatever comes in that 10th anniversary package. Hopefully something more durable though, we have a lot of wet weather and our dog will be with us sometimes (although I am taking protective measures there). Was hoping to keep this one for 3-4 years at least so hopefully it holds up well.

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi

My 2014 interior looked like new after 7 years.