Moving 730N radio and backup cam from my truck to my dad's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jerremy Owens

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v8
I have installed a 730N headunit with backup cam and a lock pick box in my truck about 4 years ago. Everything has worked perfectly since the original install. I upgraded from the base radio without bluetooth. Now switching this to my dad's truck which is the same except he has the bluetooth and mic already installed on his. Everything went in fine. Since it was wired correctly in mine I thought it would be simple plug and play. Installed the backup cam in the tailgate. Tested and it worked fine. Now a day later I just have a black screen when it kicks in when put in reverse. I assume a wire came loose or something I will have to recheck.

Tried using the bluetooth and it works fine. However the mic seems messed up. I tried both the stock mic just plugging into the original port on the back of the radio and I tried using the mic that came off the truck it was just working in. It works for a second but has a lot of echo and then just disconnects. I tried using the unconnect features and it doesn't seem like the mic is picking anything up.

Anyone have any suggestions on what I should be looking for? Do I need to move some pins?

Thanks