MPG and Range to Empty Change Overnight In Garage (2022 RAM 1500)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TonyT4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I have noticed that the MPG and Range to Empty change significantly while my truck is sitting overnight in the garage. This happens every night. MPG loss is 0.3-0.4 MPG and Range to empty can decrease by up to 20 miles. This does not happen if the truck has been sitting for only and hour or so.

It is a relatively new truck with less than 3000 miles on it. It is not leaking fuel. So I figure that the onboard computer does some kind of recalculating overnight or I have a serious problem with fuel evaporating.

Anyone else have this issue?

Thanks in advance.

kevin8er

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L E-Torque
I have a 2022 Ram Bighorn and it does the same thing. Also, when I fill it up the est mileage sometimes states 420-450 and sometimes it goes as high as 526. I think you hit it that is just the computer updating with your recent driving. I do not have any gas leaks so I'm not worrying about that.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
since 40 to 50 days ago, all gas stations have had winter gas in the underground tanks.

Winter gas is junk compared to summer gas, it just helps your vehicle to start better in Low Temperatures.
There is a lot more to it, but most of us don't understand it, even if it is explained in full

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Gas can expand during the warmth of daytime then contract when outside temps cool off overnight...