MPG ECONOMY

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ppine

Forester
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 liter diesel
2022 6.7 is getting around 18-20 mpg. On the highway using cruise control up to 22.
The way you drive has a lot to do with it.

BubbaJo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
i get 19+ on backroads in my 2012 on 35s... highways doing 80mph i get around 17-18.. towing our landscape trailer with our sxs on it, doing 80, i'll get 13.5-14mpg

Fuel35 67

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I couldn’t 19 mpg if I was in neutral, going down hill and being pushed in my 11’ with 35’s.

Are you going by the “lie-o-meter”?

BubbaJo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I couldn’t 19 mpg if I was in neutral, going down hill and being pushed in my 11’ with 35’s.

Are you going by the “lie-o-meter”?

nope.. 100% hand calculated.. my best was 20.8mpg.. last tank was 19.9.. i have an app that tracks it all :) i might add my truck mechanically isn't 100% stock.. had a few things fall off and added a 60hp tune

SouthTexan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
408 CTD
I

Last edited:

SouthTexan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
408 CTD
Ahh, that does help!

I have 34 inch tires, a tune, and intake, a more efficient turbo than stock, and 5 inch turbo back exhaust. There is no way I can get above 19 mpg calculated at the end of each tank unless I was doing 55-60 mph the whole time, no city driving, and only flat terrain.

BubbaJo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
i live in michigan.. the only thing that isn't flat are the ladies :D

4" straight piped, 295/70/18 nittos, 60hp tune, stock turbo, stock intake, stock trans..

Last edited:

Fuel35 67

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Not too shabby. But I’m Commiefornia, the diesel here sucks!

BubbaJo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
do they still do "winter" blend out there? we are poised to switch over soon, and that will kill my mileage by 2-3mpgs.

SouthTexan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
408 CTD
California and Texas actually have some of the best diesel in the US. All states aside from those two abide by the federal diesel fuel standard which has a minimum cetane level of 40 and its scar rating is lower. California has a minimum cetane rating of 53 and Texas is 48 along with much better scar ratings. If anything, you should get better fuel economy on California and Texas diesel.

As I said, I can get that fuel mileage, but I have to drive 60 to get it even with all my mod's. I can't stand going that slow for too long. Besides, if I want fuel economy then I will just drive my diesel BMW which gets over 45 mpg even if I did 80 mph the whole tank.

BubbaJo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
As I said, I can get that fuel mileage, but I have to drive 60 to get it even with all my mod's. I can't stand going that slow for too long. Besides, if I want fuel economy then I will just drive my diesel BMW which gets over 45 mpg even if I did 80 mph the whole tank.

yeah i drive around 60-65 range, use the cruise as much as i can. dont get me wrong, i still get on her once and awhile for grins, or because some dipsheet is going the speed of smell and i want to pass them lol. just with diesel hovering around the $5/g mark, i don't tend to play as much as i did when it was $2-$3/g range

ppine

Forester
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 liter diesel
Yesterday I towed the drift boat through the mountains and got 19 mpg. new 6.7 diesel. In Nevada diesel costs 65 cents less than gas.

In order to see winter blend fuel diesel number 1 mixed with number 2, you need temperatures around zero or below.

airrecon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.4
I was getting new tires for my 2012 Ram and got into a conversation on economy. I said, I don't have any. I get about 14 mpg in town and usually drive on roads with few stop signs and traffic. Then when on the hiway, driving 75 mph, get about 16-17 mpg. The guy said he has a 6.7 also and gets 22 mpg all day. I said how. He said he bought an OBD plug and it has been great. Does anyone know if that could be true and if so where can I get one? I bought one last year, but it said it might increase your mpg a bit but it will increase the HP. I have plenty of HP but would like to get a decent MPG.
I have a 2019 with 3.92 and get the same mileage you do in town, and about 18 on the hwy at 80. (No mountains and head winds).
Sitting in our little shack of a bar in Da Nang circa 1967, sucking down beers and waiting for our overhead time to return to our carrier when a Chief sit down beside me. After a few minutes he asked if I knew the 3 things all men would lie about. The status of their wife's virginity on their wedding night, their car did not use oil, and their car's gas mileage. Virginity seems to be of little to no value today, few cars, except German, use oil. But men still lie about their cars gas mileage. So you may want to factor that in on some comments you (may) get.

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Yesterday I towed the drift boat through the mountains and got 19 mpg. new 6.7 diesel. In Nevada diesel costs 65 cents less than gas.

In order to see winter blend fuel diesel number 1 mixed with number 2, you need temperatures around zero or below.

My self I will winterize my fuel any time the forecast for overnight temp is expected to reach 30 degrees or lower during any 7 day weather forecast, I learned from others who to failed to winterize there fuel, its best to be safe & not sorry when it comes to diesel fuel mixed with Bio (bio mix is required in my area) I would rather not deal with a gelled fuel system, that an fuel additives don't cost all that much, they are cheaper then having to replace gelling fuel filters...

Fuel35 67

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I disagree with Commiefornia having good diesel or gas for that matter. Bought my 11’ (used) 2 years ago from a whole in the wall dealer in Phoenix, Arizona. Tank was showing empty when I left the lot. Filled up about 5 blocks away and hit the freeway. Drove to Castaic, Commiefornia (Magic Mountain theme park) and i had just ever so slightly above the E for fuel left. That is just over 400 miles. I could of made to Bakersfield but new to me truck and didn’t want to chance it. From there, to Hanford, Commiefornia. That’s about 150 miles. I used a half tank of fuel. The Central Valley is flat, like a level. Anytime I’ve driven a vehicle outside of Commiefornia, the vehicle always gets better fuel mileage. Besides, if Commiefornia fuel is so damn good, why doesn’t the rest of the country use it?

ppine

Forester
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 liter diesel
I use commercial diesel fuel additives for cold temperatures to add cetane and prevent gelling of fuel. Good to about zero or a little below. Using a dipstick heater or regular plug in block heater helps and so does synthetic oil.

I used to live in Wyoming and Colorado. It was -38 degrees F in my driveway and colder in the mountains. I had gas trucks then, but they started okay if they were plugged in with good batteries.

BubbaJo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
My self I will winterize my fuel any time the forecast for overnight temp is expected to reach 30 degrees or lower during any 7 day weather forecast, I learned from others who to failed to winterize there fuel, its best to be safe & not sorry when it comes to diesel fuel mixed with Bio (bio mix is required in my area) I would rather not deal with a gelled fuel system, that an fuel additives don't cost all that much, they are cheaper then having to replace gelling fuel filters...

here in michigan they already add anti-gel crud to the fuel so it isn't that big of an issue here, but when i see the forecast dipping to the 15* or lower mark, i will add anti-gel additive i have in my garage just in case.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio