MPG Update on 2019 Laramie 4X4 Hemi 3.92

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2019RamInSC

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The truck is now 2 years and 5 months old with just over 20,000 miles. Mileage Per Gallon has slightly increased.
At 2 months and 2061 miles. Cruise Control at 70 MPH. MPG was 22.0 See Pic 1
At 2 years 5 months and 20469 miles. Cruise Control at 70 MPH. MPG was 23.2 See Pic 2
Both trips were on same Interstate 20 in western SC.
Combined Highway/City is now 17/18 An increase since new.

Floor it fun factor still there :p No MPG documented.

Just an FYI.

MPG.jpgIMG_20220406_153820.jpg
IMG_20220407_152555.jpg

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
That's some good mileage you're seeing. I'm sitting right around 15 mpg right now. Should go up a little once I burn off the winter blended fuel.

On a side note, unless you always service your own vehicle, you might want to change your odometer display to not show the decimal point. One member said a service tech didn't notice the period, and recorded the wrong mileage at his last service. He's no having to jump through hoops to get that corrected. It would suck if a service tech recorded your mileage as 205,576 mi instead of 20,557.6 mi. That would mean all your warranties are expired.

OP
OP
2019RamInSC

2019RamInSC

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's some good mileage you're seeing. I'm sitting right around 15 mpg right now. Should go up a little once I burn off the winter blended fuel.

On a side note, unless you always service your own vehicle, you might want to change your odometer display to not show the decimal point. One member said a service tech didn't notice the period, and recorded the wrong mileage at his last service. He's no having to jump through hoops to get that corrected. It would suck if a service tech recorded your mileage as 205,576 mi instead of 20,557.6 mi. That would mean all your warranties are expired.
Thanks.

And it would mean that I am a heck of a lot older.........:D

But yes, I still change the oil and filter. Cabin filter. Its been in the dealer for a wonky passenger side mirror. Only thing that has busted so far. Well except for that intermittent tail gate lite. Great Truck so far.:cool:

68PowerWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Laramie 3500
Engine
6.7 CTD
Kind of hard to compare. Many things can throw your mpg off. Summer vs. winter blend, ambient temp, & a big one for me is wind. On a day of 15-25mph wind I can get 2+mpg difference depending if I am heading into the wind vs. it at my back.

Irishthreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I had a ‘19 DT with 3.92’s and on cruise I consistently got 20-22 mpg highway. With my ‘21 2500 with 4.10’s I’ve got 19 under the same circumstances. That’s not hand calculated but still a good indication of what you can squeeze out. Of course, you lose the fun factor so I don’t squeeze too often.

gt8684

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Kind of hard to compare. Many things can throw your mpg off. Summer vs. winter blend, ambient temp, & a big one for me is wind. On a day of 15-25mph wind I can get 2+mpg difference depending if I am heading into the wind vs. it at my back.
100% I get on average 16.5mpg the only time I ever see anything in the 20 range is going down hill drafting an 18 wheeler with the wind at my back. lol, but worth it!

OP
OP
2019RamInSC

2019RamInSC

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't believe anybody on MPG on their vehicle. This one seems to be
a whopper...........
I am pretty good with a computer. I suppose I could have "photoshopped" the pictures huh :33: But, I am not that good. Would have taken me hours. I have nothing to gain. People worry about gear ratios and MPG. And now due to Hi Gas Prices. I thought it may be relevant. But you can have it your way. Whopper. With or without cheese. :gr_grin:

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
I am pretty good with a computer. I suppose I could have "photoshopped" the pictures huh :33: But, I am not that good. Would have taken me hours. I have nothing to gain. People worry about gear ratios and MPG. And now due to Hi Gas Prices. I thought it may be relevant. But you can have it your way. Whopper. With or without cheese. :gr_grin:
I got so tired of buttwads calling me an out right liar, despite posting picture proof, that I basically quit posting on these MPG threads. Don't worry about the snark comments, if we did there is nothing we would post on here because there is always that one guy that deserves:biggun:

Funny how guys will say stuff on a forum they would never say to your face.

2500 Laramie 6.4L 2500 longbox, first highway run.

S80lFU3.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
2019RamInSC

2019RamInSC

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got so tired of buttwads calling me an out right liar, despite posting picture proof, that I basically quit posting on these MPG threads. Don't worry about the snark comments, if we did there is nothing we would post on here because there is always that one guy that deserves:biggun:

Funny how guys will say stuff on a forum they would never say to your face.

2500 Laramie 6.4L 2500 longbox, first highway run.

View attachment 492066
Looking Good for a 2500 for sure!
Does the 6.4 have the 4 cylinder eco mode?. That is the only way I get that good a MPG on cruise.
Have fun!

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Pretty close to my highway mileage, but I also have heavier Falkens which dropped my MPG by 1 to 1 1/2 mpg when hand calculated. But heck, ne thing near 20 mpg on an almost 6,000 lb truck at 70 mph is great, IMHO. IT is a HEMI, lol.

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
I hand calculate mine even though the EVIC is usually only about 1/2 to 1 MPG difference. I can get 18.5 to 19 MPG running 70 MPH average speed. I have no doubt I could get 20 MPG if I could do 60 MPH all day but can't seem to find where to do that. I have nothing to gain by saying I get more or less than I really do. Doesn't make me spend one dime less on fuel and I'm not in a contest. I do things to my truck for performance and I take it to the track to get real world numbers and I'm still told I did something wrong. I don't argue but I'm not going to listen to anyone telling me they know me or my truck better than I do. I do test for myself but I do share my findings sometimes but I will probably do it less and just keep my real world findings to myself. I'm the only one I try to impress anyway! Don't let anyone tell you that you don't know what you're talking about when it works for you! I did go to the track and was at 18.5 MPG, ran the truck 10 times 1/4 mile at a time which would equal 2.5 miles wide open and 2.5 miles back and all that lowered me to 13.5 MPG so driving style makes a big difference.

Last edited:

IDSandman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
“Cruise set to 70” yet pic shows 66… lol! Plus the computers are way off. Also way to many factors of when you took the photo. Hell my truck will show 33mpg when all the stars align with a slight tail wind and down hill slope. Love the mpg threads. Most way over exaggerate their mpg’s and believe the computer. I live in the land of Ram and nobody I’ve talked to has ever seen over 20 at Highway speeds for a trip, hand calc’ed for the tank of fuel. Esp if a 4x4 with quad or crew cab. But hey, if it makes ya happy, tell it however you want man, your story. Lol

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Without accusing anyone here, I just want to say that there are many reasons people would make false claims in a forum environment. The need to impress others, low self esteem, feelings of inadequacy, wanting to fit in. Who knows what motivates people to make wild claims in forums?

As far as this thread goes, I personally couldn't care less what someone else gets for fuel economy. It has zero impact on me or my family. For those who seem to be getting excellent mileage, more power to you. From someone who's fuel economy seems to be stuck in the low 15's, you're able to achieve what I can only dream of. :waytogo: For those of you who feel that they're lying about it, why do you care?

OP
OP
2019RamInSC

2019RamInSC

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
“Cruise set to 70” yet pic shows 66… lol! Plus the computers are way off. Also way to many factors of when you took the photo. Hell my truck will show 33mpg when all the stars align with a slight tail wind and down hill slope. Love the mpg threads. Most way over exaggerate their mpg’s and believe the computer. I live in the land of Ram and nobody I’ve talked to has ever seen over 20 at Highway speeds for a trip, hand calc’ed for the tank of fuel. Esp if a 4x4 with quad or crew cab. But hey, if it makes ya happy, tell it however you want man, your story. Lol
And the first and third picture the MPH is ZERO. What do you garnish from that?? I must be really fibbing because I was standing still?
:cool:

Kickboxer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi-non-Etorque
And the first and third picture the MPH is ZERO. What do you garnish from that?? I must be really fibbing because I was standing still?
:cool:
OK, your trip was 38 miles and 48 miles. Wow, that is a long trip to show
your numbers. That is easy to get when trying, but worthless in the real world.
Lets see a minimum of 1,000 miles, better yet 5,000 MPG
numbers.
You just reset your trip meter, show us a photo of before that..........
I know that will not be forthcoming.