MPG

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikewelch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Does anyone know if you have to retune your 6.7 after adding performance parts? My truck is getting worse fuel mileage with an S&B cold air intake then it did with the stock air box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick_rp

I=V/R
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500
Engine
5.7 Sport
It will adjust based off what the o2 sensors are sending back but a custom tune will really unlock everything.

Cold air intakes introduce higher volume of air and the pcm has to adjust for that higher volume by adding more fuel

OP
OP
mikewelch

mikewelch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
It will adjust based off what the o2 sensors are sending back but a custom tune will really unlock everything.

Cold air intakes introduce higher volume of air and the pcm has to adjust for that higher volume by adding more fuel

So are you saying it’ll just adjust over time or are you saying re-install the EFI live?

Nick_rp

I=V/R
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500
Engine
5.7 Sport
So are you saying it’ll just adjust over time or are you saying re-install the EFI live?

It will auto learn to a point but to get a full parameter relearn. pull the negative battery terminal for about 45 mins. On your next drive it will run diagnostics on how its running and adjust more accurately

Nick_rp

I=V/R
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500
Engine
5.7 Sport
but like i said before, a custom tune is the best way to go. Those self learn parameters can only do so much based on what is set from the factory

OP
OP
mikewelch

mikewelch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Thanks I appreciate it!

Dennis Shellito

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins IBS
I have an S&B cold air intake oil type air filter on my 2011 CTD and I saw no difference in fuel mileage from the stock system. Truthfully, I was talked into the S&B but I wish I would have left it stock as far as filtration. I have the stock system but am too lazy to change it back again. LOL