Mpls area...anyone with Alpha OBD?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Logjammin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello...recently removed air suspension in my 2017 1500 Limited. I can live with the few second "service air suspension" warning on startup but got to thinking if anyone in the twin cities area had Alpha OBD, I'd be willing to pay to have it disabled. I looked into getting it but frankly don't really undestand it too well. I'm also pretty much Apple/iPhone so my options are pretty limited as well as I really woudn't use it other than this situation. Anyway, if anyone is interested in helping me out, let me know. I live in the southwest burbs (Carver county) but anywhere in the area is doable. Thanks.

Rieggs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm up in Champlin and willing to help out (no charge). I have the OBD and the software running on Android. I've made plenty of changes to my 2019 but I don't have the air ride.

If you know what needs to be changed it should be pretty straightforward, but I'll let you make the changes. I don't want to be responsible if anything goes wrong. ;)

Looks like this is all it takes:

BCM > P/T Chassis Net-ASCM Air Suspension Control Module and set it to “Not Enabled”

Last edited:

White six four

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
As a somewhat last resort I could do it. I'll be going back to work in and around the cities starting next week. The only problem is my work. I usually don't know where I'm going the next day til the afternoon or night before and rarely know how late or how long I'll work til I get there that day.

OP
OP
L

Logjammin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for the replies! For some reason, I'm not getting email alerts that I got responses...gotta look into that. Rieggs, I should look into this a bit further before wasting your time and possibly goofing something up but I will do that and reach out to you by PM if that's ok. White Six 4, thanks as well!

Rieggs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Logjammin, no problem. I actually have a free weekend so just putzing around the garage.

Looks like only one setting to change so pretty easy to revert back if necessary.

White six four

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
@Logjammin hopefully you can get with @Rieggs and get it taken care of.

From just a quick Google and maybe you already know but make sure the fuse or fuses for the air suspension are removed. Again just from a quick search but if they aren't removed even if the setting is changed to "remove" the air suspension with alfa the bcm will still see the fuses present and revert back to thinking the system is still in place.

OP
OP
L

Logjammin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for the info White six four. I have done all of those things. Everything is off including the lit buttons for the suspension. The only thing still working is the few second alert on startup. I did reach out to Rieggs with a PM and hopefully can meet up and get this deleted. Thanks again to all.

h2o tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello...recently removed air suspension in my 2017 1500 Limited. I can live with the few second "service air suspension" warning on startup but got to thinking if anyone in the twin cities area had Alpha OBD, I'd be willing to pay to have it disabled. I looked into getting it but frankly don't really undestand it too well. I'm also pretty much Apple/iPhone so my options are pretty limited as well as I really woudn't use it other than this situation. Anyway, if anyone is interested in helping me out, let me know. I live in the southwest burbs (Carver county) but anywhere in the area is doable. Thanks.
Im in the same boat as yourself in Rocky Mountains. '17 3500 Limited with rear auto level air suspension issues. Throwing money at a problem nobody really undestands does not make sense. Was your air suspension delete able to remove suspension error message from instrument cluster?

OP
OP
L

Logjammin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes I hooked up with a member on this forum with AlphaOBD and he had the program deleted in minutes. No message on startup now, my BlueDriver OBD doesn’t see it anymore and no little lights on the dash switches. The settings menu on the screen still show transport mode and something else (forget what) but they can’t do anything. Outta sight…outta mind. I’m actually in the process of looking at a new truck. Dealers looking at mine are very interested in what I did and kind of impressed. My new problem is if I want to avoid the air suspension, I need to “downgrade” to Laramie. That said, the Laramie is still a damn nice trim. I may even stick with another Limited and after warranty, if I ever have even a sniff of an issue, I’ll delete without hesitation.